Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2014, 09:31 PM   #31
nancipants
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneYE View Post
Awesome TR! Thanks for sharing it..the pictures and all.. I like your writing style and that you both are Star Wars fans...A belated Happy Birthday as well.
You guys look like a very nice couple and I wish you all the happiness in your life together..
Thanks so much! We're very happy - especially when we're on a cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great TR!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tluvs2talk View Post
Nanci.
I loved reading your trip report. Great job and great humour. I also enjoyed the pictures. My Husband and I will be sailing on the Magic Feb 28th. This will be our 11th cruise. WOHOO! Finally platinum members. We haven't been on a cruise for 4 years and can't wait. I am addicted to reading the navigators, and looking at food pictures in anticipation of what I want to order. SHHHH.. Don't tell anyone. haha Happy belated birthday. Glad you had a great one.

Teri
Thanks so much! And have a great cruise! Maybe one day I'll be Platinum.

I did the same thing with the menus. Unfortunately we were the first cruise with that itinerary from Port Canaveral so I had no navigators to study! Waah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyheartsdance View Post
Awesome TR! Can't wait to go on my first Disney Cruise!!
Thank you! You will have a blast!
Old 01-25-2014, 10:06 PM   #32
knkmom
Mouseketeer

Awesome TR!! I've really enjoyed reading about and seeing your pics! We are planning our first Disney cruise for May 2015!

knkmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2014, 08:32 AM   #33
TexDis
Mouseketeer

Great report! I'm sailing the 3 day on Feb 28th and really enjoyed getting to see the Navigators to help with planning. Thanks for posting them.
Sept 2009 7 night Disney Magic-Western Caribbean
Sept 2011 4 night Disney Dream-Bahamas
Feb 2012 7 night Disney Wonder-Mexican Riviera
Aug 2012 7 night Disney Fantasy-Eastern Caribbean
April 2013 4 night Disney Magic-Western Caribbean
Sept 2013 14 night Disney Wonder-EBPC
Feb 2014 3 night Disney Magic-Bahamas
TexDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:59 AM   #34
nancipants
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by knkmom View Post
Awesome TR!! I've really enjoyed reading about and seeing your pics! We are planning our first Disney cruise for May 2015!
Thank you for reading! You will have a fantastic time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexDis View Post
Great report! I'm sailing the 3 day on Feb 28th and really enjoyed getting to see the Navigators to help with planning. Thanks for posting them.
You're welcome! Thanks for reading and I hope you have a great cruise.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:01 AM   #35
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Great trip report! We are on the bus to the airport having just done the same itinerary... What a quick one that was! Now I want more!
Old 01-28-2014, 05:11 PM   #36
babynala
DIS Veteran

Just finished your TR and really enjoyed your great descriptions. What a great way to celebrate your birthday! Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos (really like that one of you two at Palo).

Looking forward to hearing about your upcoming Alaskan cruise. Do you have a PTR for that one?

babynala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:18 AM   #37
disprincess4ever
DIS Veteran

Yay! This was a fun report to read. :good vibes Loved your sense of humor and especially the post about loving bread and Palo! Can't wait to read your report about Alaska in the future.

Disney Fantasy: 7 night Western Caribbean June 2012
Disney Magic: 12 night Mediterranean w/ Venice June 2013, 4 night Bahaman April 2014
disprincess4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:05 AM   #38
nancipants
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDame View Post
Great trip report! We are on the bus to the airport having just done the same itinerary... What a quick one that was! Now I want more!
I know what you mean! I can't wait for our trip to Alaska. Thanks for reading and I hope you had a great cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
Just finished your TR and really enjoyed your great descriptions. What a great way to celebrate your birthday! Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos (really like that one of you two at Palo).

Looking forward to hearing about your upcoming Alaskan cruise. Do you have a PTR for that one?
Thank you for reading! I have to credit the fiance for all the pictures.

I don't have a PTR for Alaska because honestly we haven't done much planning yet, other than booking airfare and looking at hotels for Vancouver. Maybe once our booking window opens and we scramble for Palo brunch reservations. I do plan on doing a TR, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disprincess4ever View Post
Yay! This was a fun report to read. :good vibes Loved your sense of humor and especially the post about loving bread and Palo! Can't wait to read your report about Alaska in the future.
Thank you for reading! I loved your Mediterranean TR, by the way. Maybe for an anniversary trip someday...
Old 03-27-2014, 10:30 PM   #39
LivingforDisney
Mouseketeer

Loved reading your report.
I am planning a Jan 2016 (long way off) Disney Magic hopefully, 7 night cruise, with my 17 & 15 year old kids.
Did you play Bingo, I love playing Bingo. If so how much does it cost? Also, I read the times , so then does that give you enough time to make it to dinner, we will be doing the later setting for dinner.
Also, it is safe to leave your bag on a chair whilst swimming at CC, and what do you have to take with you, just camera, would I need to take money?

Thanks
LivingforDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:57 AM   #40
nancipants
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingforDisney View Post
Loved reading your report.
I am planning a Jan 2016 (long way off) Disney Magic hopefully, 7 night cruise, with my 17 & 15 year old kids.
Did you play Bingo, I love playing Bingo. If so how much does it cost? Also, I read the times , so then does that give you enough time to make it to dinner, we will be doing the later setting for dinner.
Also, it is safe to leave your bag on a chair whilst swimming at CC, and what do you have to take with you, just camera, would I need to take money?

Thanks
Hello! Thanks for reading!

I did not play Bingo, so I'm not sure how much it cost. There's usually plenty of time to do a pre-dinner activity and make it to dinner. They schedule 7 o'clock activities purposefully so that people doing the early dinner and the late dinner can all attend.

There's no need to take money to Castaway Cay unless you are purchasing stamps at the post office. Every other place uses the Key to the World card and charges it to your stateroom account. The crew will hand you towels as you disembark. Lunch is provided on the island. All you'd need to bring is a camera, sunblock, maybe a water bottle (water coolers are stationed throughout the island), and whatever else you want while you're lounging on the beach (book, etc). I felt safe leaving my stuff on the lounge chair, but I made sure it was in clear sight while I was in the water.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:12 PM   #41
disneyfanbecky
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the trip report! Looking forward to hearing about Alaska
disneyfanbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 01:58 AM   #42
Shazzie B
DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting all the room pics, I know they're all the same but it's doubled our excitement seeing 'our' actual room. Just been allocated 6080 after booking GTY for WBTA

May 2002 All Star Movies; May 2003 La Quinta 192; Dec 2004 Nikki Bird; April 2006 Holiday Inn & Dolphin Beach, St. Petes; Aug 2007 Animal Kingdom Lodge; Aug 2008 Coronado Springs; Aug 2009 Highlands Reserve & Animal Kingdom Lodge; Oct 2010 Best Western Lakeside; Oct 2012 Arcadia Gardens; Sept 2013 Old Key West;Sept 2014 Transatlantic on Magic
Shazzie B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:25 AM   #43
Lauren1027
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancipants View Post
Hello everyone! I'm Nanci, and this is my very first trip report.

I just turned 33 and live in Orlando with my fiance and dog. I love Star Wars, Disney, reading, Star Wars, writing, HGTV, and Star Wars.

Even though I've lived in Central Florida since I was seven years old, I wasn't always enamored with the Mouse. I first went to Disney World with my parents when I was five. I remember loving it, except for getting scared out of my mind on Snow White's Scary Adventures. (I wasn't able to go on that ride again until I was in my 20s.)

Two years after my first visit, we moved to Daytona Beach to get away from the cold New York weather. Over an hour away from Disney World, it wasn't exactly conducive to regular visits. But I visited occasionally over the years and always had a great time, even though the original Star Tours ride made me sick. It got a lot easier to visit when I moved to Orlando to attend college (Go Knights!).

Fast forward to 2011. I'd moved to the Davenport area, about 15 minutes from WDW, in 2008. Since it was much easier to get to Disney, I visited more often than before. I especially loved Downtown Disney (RIP Pleasure Island). Then, after years of hemming and hawing, I finally did it - I splurged and bought an annual pass. I will admit that a big part of the reason for that was Star Wars Weekends and the new Star Tours (that, for some reason, doesn't make me sick like the old one).

My fiance (Brian) moved here from Seattle at the end of July. He is also a big Star Wars/Disney fan, so first order of business was purchasing him an annual pass. A few weeks later his parents and sister visited, and they offered to take us on a Disney cruise. It only took us about five seconds to say YES. We'd taken a Carnival cruise in January 2013 when he was still living in Seattle. We loved cruising and even more, we loved the idea of a Disney cruise, but we weren't sure if we could afford it. (If I'd known about the wonderful Florida resident specials back then I would have booked Disney in a heartbeat.) So his parents offered to give us some financial help until he got a job.

The cruise was awesome! We sailed on the Disney Dream for three days and I fell in love with Castaway Cay. Brian and I had already been discussing going to Alaska for our honeymoon on Royal Caribbean out of Seattle. On the second day, I asked him if he'd rather do a Disney cruise out of Vancouver. Thirty minutes later, after looking at rates online, we were at the Future Cruise Bookings desk with passage on the Disney Wonder in July 2014.

I lurked on the Disboards for several months before finally joining. All during that time I was reading trip reports and getting antsy to go back on another cruise. July was too far away! And then I saw it: a Florida resident special on the re-imagined Disney Magic, sailing from Port Canaveral on January 10.

And docking at Castaway Cay on January 12. My 33rd birthday.

I sent Brian the link and it took him about five seconds to say YES. So we booked it. I was going to be in my favorite place in the world on my birthday. I couldn't wait!

I debated whether or not to do a trip report. I haven't been on the Disboards very long and wasn't sure if I'd have anything to contribute. But I love to write, and a bunch of people were asking for Navigators and information about the new Magic cruises from Port Canaveral, and I'd learned so much from other trip reports that I decided to throw caution to the wind and write my own.

Thanks for joining me!
I know its a little late, but I'm reading along! I just booked my first Disney cruise with my boyfriend (3-day Bahamian Disney Dream in January 2015) and I'm going a little trip-report crazy! Plus yours stood out to me because we are in the same-ish age group, I'm from Orlando, WDW passholder and we LOVE Star Wars too! Nice to "meet" you!
Lauren1027 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: