Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-25-2014, 07:40 PM   #1
ShanaMouse's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 206

It felt like a DREAM! Honeymooning with the Mouse -10/3 - 10/6 3-night Bahamian

Hey Everyone,

The Disboards have been the best thing I have run across in a long time! They have helped me plan our wedding and have since inspired multiple WDW staycations (we're locals) at Disney-owned resorts, planning tips and tricks for faraway Disney vacations, and a good laugh every now and then when reading about peoples fun, exciting and sometimes crazy days with the Mouse.

I have since written our wedding PJ and did a PTR for our very first Disney cruise! I would love to write about more trips, but I don't always have the time and would hate to start and then not finish (hence the reason why it has taken me so long to start this TR).

I hope that this TR will help someone in their decision to travel, take a walk down memory lane for a similar trip you have done or simply be a nice and easy read during your free time.
Without further ado, I am here to report on our first DCL and first cruise, in general!

*Here is a link for the PTR that I had made for this cruise*

Let's start off with our cast of characters, which consisted of hubby (Sean) and myself (Shana).

In case you don't have time or just don't feel like bothering with the PTR, I will give you a brief rundown of how this came about.
DH and I were married in July of 2013, but due to so much family coming from overseas (who I hadn't seen in years) and finances being really tight, we opted for a later honeymoon. DH was also unable to take off from work any longer and I was, and still am, in grad school, so the timing just seemed to be off. Anyhow, every year for my birthday we go to EPCOT's Food and Wine festival and spend all day there sampling all the goodies. We also decides that, this year (2013) we would take a few days off and just head to the beach for a romantic getaway, which would be our honeymoon. I was in full planning mode at that time. The more I planned, the more the idea of just going to the beach, when we already live in Florida, appealed to me as a 'honeymoon'. I wanted that feeling of being away from everyone else and being somewhere new. The next thing I knew, I found myself on the DCL website browsing cruises. I needed something that wouldn't break the bank, but would still give us a few days alone. There she was... the 10/3 sailing of the Disney Dream to the Bahamas. The timing couldn't have been more perfect, as my birthday and F&W was planned for 10/2 and I even was able to add MNSSHP, which neither one of us have ever been to, to the end of our trip.

There we have it - 5 fun-filled Disney days... and the best part - hubby had absolutely no idea!
I booked the cruise on 8/24 and was planning to keep it a secret until the day of the cruise. I am terrible at keeping surprises, but I managed to make it all the way to the day before the cruise. At that point, i just couldn't focus anymore because I was so excited and I just had to tell him; the look on his face was priceless!

So, to not bore you any further, I just have a last detail to give: I had worked out the final plan:
10/2 - Check into Art of Animation Resort and go to Food & Wine
10/3 - 10/6 - Disney Dream Cruise here we come!!!
10/6 - Check into Coronado Springs and go to MNSSHP

Stay tuned for day 1 of our whirlwind Disney trip!

Last edited by ShanaMouse; 01-29-2014 at 06:26 PM.
ShanaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:05 PM   #2
ShanaMouse's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 206

Day 1 - My Birthday and Food & Wine

In short, day 1 of our trip pretty much consisted of eating!
I love food, so this was right up my alley!

DH and I woke up early and headed to a local breakfast place to eat my obligatory birthday pancakes (any kind) and get our game faces on for Food & Wine. We would also be staying at Disney's Art of Animation Resort for the very first time so we were both VERY excited!!!

At around noon we headed down to the World, which is about a 40 minute drive away and headed to Animal Kingdom. Animal Kingdom is sort of our lease favorite, if I can even say that. It's not like we don't like it, but of the 4 parks, this is the one we go to the least. Today, however, was a different day! I wanted to go on Safari and ride Dinosaur, both of which we did!

Before we knew it, it was 2:30pm and we made our way over to Art of Animation for check-in. The process was smooth and simple and was the first time we got to really use our Magic Bands!
The grounds are enormous and we were in the Little Mermaid section, all the way down. We grabbed the car after check in and made our way to the end of the resort to find our room, decked out Little Mermaid style from top to bottom... I LOVED IT!
Here are some pics of the resort/room:

Our plan was to hit up F&W as our 'dinner' so we wouldn't want to eat again late evening time, so we hung out in our room and then went for a walk around the resort to check it out. I loved how colorful and.. well... animated everything was. It was definitely DISNEY!
At this time it was only 3pm, but neither one of us had eaten since breakfast at 8am so we decided to check out the food court. We both wanted to get something small to hold us over until we get to EPCOT, but couldnt make up our minds.. so instead we just split a bowl of create-your-own pasta. Honestly, this was some of the best quick service food I had eaten on Disney property and was just enough to get rid of the hunger, but make sure that we were hungry again by 6pm.

After eating we headed back to the room, watched some TV and then got ready for Food and Wine. As luck would have it, I had my Little Mermaid shirt picked out and ready to go!

From there we caught the Bus to EPCOT and had a wonderful evening at Food & Wine. It was nothing too outside of the ordinary, so I won't bore you with those. Also, I only have one picture from that night because I needed my hands after getting in the gate to hold my food and wine

Next up: Day 2 - undue stress at 5am, embarkation, and a (tiny) tear of joy!
ShanaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-25-2014, 09:18 PM   #3
ShanaMouse's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 206

Day 2 (part 1) - "I can't handle this excitement"


As Sean and I slowly made our way back to AoA from Food & Wine, we both were talking about how amazing tomorrow would be: we would sleep in a bit, head to breakfast at the AoA food court, get everything packed up, drive down to Port Canaveral, check in, and then let relaxation wash over us.

Well, that's not at all what happened.. at least not in the morning.

I woke up at 5am (I am a terrible sleeper and wake quickly). I was contemplating staying awake and watching some TV or rolling over and trying to get a bit more sleep. I opted for the ladder.
I also decided, since these were the last few hours of a functioning phone and internet, to check the bank account one final time so I know where we stand and how crazy we can get on this cruise. What I found were charges from another Downtown Disney Hotel for a night's reservation. This did not sit well with me and, at this point, there was no going back to sleep for me.

A little back story; I made a reservation at a non-Disney owned resort in the Downtown Disney area when I initially booked the cruise, but cancelled this as soon as i had booked a room at AoA and even had a confirmation of cancellation.

I needed to get this straightened out before we left for the port, which was around 10:30am. Of course, when I called, no one answered... why isn't anyone in accounting at 5am?!??! I was so irritated that I was missing a couple hundred dollars and was counting on that money to be available during this week. In the meantime, DH woke up as well and stayed up with me. at 6:30, I think, I finally got through to someone, but they stated that the accounting department wouldn't be in until 8am and to try back then. So, in the meantime and since we were up already anyway, we headed to get breakfast. By this time, the adrenaline rush of dialing my fingers off to find out why I was charged had worn off and I was exhausted.
First order of business... Coffee!

Hubby, on the other hand, was wide awake and fully energized. After my coffee, so was I! We each had a breakfast plate, which I don't remember exactly which one's we had, at the food court and then waited for 8am to roll around so that we I can call the hotel again.
When we got back to the room, I contacted the hotel and was connected to the right department. There, a lady that was assisting me had claimed she had absolutely no record of my name, my card, my address, or anything else that would have linked me to the ressie and said there is nothing she can do to help me. She said she will call me back in a few minutes. A few minutes went by and.. nothing.. still nothing... nothing... and more nothing. Finally I called back and she, basically, said the same thing to me again. At this point i was getting quite frustrated because I even had the cancellation notice directly from the hotel. By this time, it was 9am and we had to head out by 10:30am. They still claimed they had no record of me and needed to get back to me. I decided to take a shower and hubby got ready too. At 10am i got a call back from the hotel and, when I answered, all they said was "We will be refunding the money back to your account at this time" - after that, I sorta just spaced out, because that's all I wanted from the beginning. i didn't even bother to ask why they claimed they didn't have me in the system, but suddenly had my CC info on file to refund the money. Fact of the matter is, I will not reserve with them again.

Now that everything was back on track and 10:30am was nearing, we packed up our stuff and we were ready to go to Port Canaveral. I sort of couldn't believe that we were actually going on a cruise and a Disney cruise, at that. It didn't feel real!

The ride to PC was pretty uneventful with moments of complete silence followed by random "WE'RE GOING ON A CRUISE" outbursts.

I had previously reserved a parking spot with Cruise and Park, which was our destination. It was super easy to find and I couldn't have been more please with the service. We were greeted by a young guy who took our bags, parked our car, and brought me back the keys. Within a few minutes we were on a shuttle to our ship!
Here's a pic of us waiting for our shuttle and a pic from the shuttle of the DREAM:

When we got to the terminal, I was amazed at how smooth check in was - while there were a TON of people, the lines were moving quite rapidly and we were checked in within no time. I even caught a glimpse of Goofy!

Once checked in, we made our way to the mickey head entry way and I remember turning around to hubby and just smiling; I hadn't been this excited in a very long time! There we snapped a quick picture and we were shown which way to walk to get on the ship.

It happened so fast; at one point I was on the walkway to the ship and the next thing I knew I was already on it, hearing a cast member announce our names as we walked in. Immediately silence set in between hubby and I. I think we were both trying to take in this enormous grand entrance and the feeling of us cruising had kicked in. We just looked at each other, then looked away and we each started snapping pictures of different things, but in the same area. Thats where I could feel my eyes watering up a little bit... It was so pretty! I also never thought that DH and I would experience something like this, as money is always an object, so to be on this cruise, together, as our honeymoon, was nothing short of amazing!

Sorry for the blurry pic above; i was so excited! Also, in case you couldn't tell, the ship was decorated for 'Halloween on the high Seas', which was awesome!

Honestly, from here, we just took more and more photos of that one single area until both of us felt we had enough. We were right at Guest Services so I asked if my request to be seated by ourselves at dinner had been approved, but she directed me to one of the MDR's itself. Neither hubby or I felt like dealing with it, so we just said "we'll see where we sit when dinner comes".

Here are some more pics from our time exploring:

The number one thing I kept reading on the Disboards before we left was to head straight to Cabanas for lunch... So... we did! We made our way up to, what I think was deck 11, and were immediately greeted by two young gentleman with trays of cocktails in their hands. I had also read about this on the boards, but figured "eh, might as well; this is vacation". We snagged 2 cocktails and made our way over to Cabanas to find a seat. We sat outside the main restaurant since it was CROWDED!!! *there was a sign at guest services that the ship is at capacity... yeah...*

We sat down and just sort of let it all wash over us. We were both so happy, and I started studying the navigator we picked up earlier. Hubby went and got food first and I followed. By the end of the trip, Cabanas was one of my favorite eats on the cruise! I don't even really remember what I ate (yeah, it was that much), but most, if not all, was excellent!

When we finished, we headed over to the adult area and were amazed at how quiet it was over there. To be honest, I generally don't mind crowds, but the amount of people at Cabanas, all at the same time, was crazy, so this was a nice little change of pace. I found a lounge chair, where we sat until our room was ready.

Next up: Day 2 part 2 - our room, more exploring, and dinner!
ShanaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:11 PM   #4
ShanaMouse's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 206

Day 2 (part 2) - "I'm so full"

Hubby and I quickly switched over to island time so, from here forward, I have no idea what time it is during any part of the day, except when we went to bed!

From the comfy lounge chairs we made out way down to our room, which was on deck 9. We opened the door and I couldn't have been more pleased (granted, I have no other cruise to compare it to, so take what I say with a grain of salt). We had a room with a private verandah, mid-ship, right by the elevators.

I had pre-booked the forts and junkanoo experience for our day in Nassau, but sadly we had a note in the room that this was cancelled, as there weren't enough people who signed up for it. I was sort of sad, but at the same time I knew that we'd find something else to do... and we did! Our bags hadn't arrived yet, so we made our way back down to guest Services, as I saw that they had a tequila tasting available. Since we werent going to be on our excursion, we decided to book that, which was $15 per person. Seeing as though the excursion was around $40 per person, I saw it as a pretty big savings. From there, we strolled the ship for a few minutes:

When we headed back to the room, our bags were there. We unpacked and headed back to deck 11. I'm not gonna lie, having been up since 5 am, on a few hours of sleep, being overwhelmed with everything that was going on... I WAS TIRED! not the tired where I wanted to take a nap, but the tired where I just wanted to put my feet up and lounge. At the same time, however, I wanted to see everything!

We headed to the Spa and took the tour (which I also read about on the Dis), but sadly didn't win anything. I was, however, very enticed by the amount of services they offered and really wanted to book one, but felt as though they were a little pricier than I had anticipated. Then we walked around up there and took in the beauty of this giant ship:

At this time, it was time for the Sail Away party. I was excited! We managed to find an open spot and parked ourselves there for the duration of the show. It was awesome! everyone was pumped for the cruise, kids were laughing, adults were smiling, cameras everywhere you turned, and not a sad face in sight.

I don't really remember how long the show lasted, but I am guesstimating about 30 minutes or so. Afterwards, hubby and I made our way back over to the adult pool to relax and watch the ship pull out of port. On our way, we stopped at the little quick service kiosk and grabbed some more food. Why? because I could!
From there we relaxed for what seemed like another hour or so, grabbed some more drinks (this time 2-for-1) and truly had nothing else on our minds besides being in the moment!

Now it was time for our very first show! I had read and heard so much about these shows and couldnt wait to see for myself: The Golden Mickeys! The show was amazing! It was what you truly expect from Disney and entertaining!

Afterwards we headed back to our room, showered, changed, clothes, and were off to dinner. First up: Royal Palace!

We saw this restaurant when we first got on board so I was excited to eat here today. To be honest, the food is always the best part about vacation, at leas to DH and I. We love to eat local cuisines, try different things, and have a food memory, based on a place we had been. That being said, prepare for food pictures!!!

When we entered the restaurant, it felt very formal. We were greeted by our head and assistant server, Kruno and "P". P's name was so long that he shortened it and just told us to call him P to make it easier. Forgive me, because I don't remember the exact country either were from, but Kruno, I believe, was from Europe and P was from Asia.

Hubby and I both had an a cocktail (which we have a lot of on this cruise), an appetizer, a second course, an entree, and dessert. I don't remember what everything was, but pics to follow:

After dinner, both of us were soooo full! It was a lot of food; not to mention the food we had already eaten prior to coming to dinner! We made our way to the top deck and walked around, strolling the Dream. As you can see, it was VERY windy!

Both of us weren't ready to go to bed so we made our way over to The District to check out the lounges. I head read about Skyline, which was our stop for the night. The lounge was so cool! I loved how the scenery changed, which sort of made me feel as though I needed to get a new drink every time to fit the mood. Hubby and I each got one drink and chatted about how awesome of a day it had been. I, again, don't remember which drink either one of us had, but I had to switch with hubby because mine was too sour. It ended up working out perfectly, because he really liked it!

After drinks we made our way over to next door, where they were hosting a game of 'match your mate'. The nightly entertainment for adults was one of my favorite parts! We ordered another drink there and hung out until... no idea!

Off we went to bed to one of the best nights of sleep I had had in a very long time!

Up Next: Day 3 - Nassau! - 90 degrees, fishes, tequila, and Pirate Night!
ShanaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:46 AM   #5
Susan121302's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: near Boston
Posts: 139

Great report!! can't wait for more
Susan121302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:35 AM   #6
Earning My Ears
maggonz9's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 41

Enjoying your report so far! Love your peach dress with the beige sweater and shoes! So cute!
maggonz9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 01:04 PM   #7
DIS Veteran
DisneyDreamerMN's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 636

Loving the report so far! Can't wait to read more. Maybe I missed it, but did you get a private table?

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014

DisneyDreamerMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:24 PM   #8
ShanaMouse's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 206

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMN View Post
Loving the report so far! Can't wait to read more. Maybe I missed it, but did you get a private table?
Oh no, you definitely didn't miss it because I completely forgot to mention it. We were seated at a 4 person table and kept waiting for another couple to be seated with us, but when our head server came he advised us that it would just be the two of us! We couldn't have been more thrilled!!
ShanaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:46 PM   #9
ShanaMouse's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 206

Day 3 (part 1) - "The sunrise is amazing!"

Today was Nassau day!

I had read A LOT on the Disboards and other forums that had mentioned that Nassau really isn't that great, to skip it and just make it a day at sea. Since our excursion for this day, the forts and junkanoo experience was cancelled, this was certainly a possibility and something hubby and I had been contemplating. On that same token, however, we both figured that we didn't know when we'd be back here and being that our tequila tasting wasn't until 3pm, we had time to explore.

So here we go!

We woke up very early... 6something, I believe! I have no idea; remember, I was on island time. I did know it was so early, however, that Cabana's hadn't officially opened the breakfast buffet when we made our way up there. That, however, gave us the opportunity to pick the perfect spot for breakfast and make ourselves comfortable. It also made for some great sunrise pictures!

For breakfast, I opted for a little bit of everything

Since it was October, they had a ton of Halloween decor up as well and these were some cool carved pumpkins I found at Cabanas!

We finished breakfast before the crowds arrived and made our way back over to the quiet cove. I Think it was only around 7:30am or so and all of the hot tubs were empty, so we took a dip!

After about 30 minutes or so we headed back to our room and got dressed because, although we didn't have an excursion booked, we still wanted to do something while docked. I was really excited because I could see Atlantis, which we had wanted to visit also, from our balcony as we docked!

We finished getting dressed, as everyone was able to leave and we made our way downstairs. I have to say, I was and still am so impressed with the way DCL handles passengers getting on and off board; it was so quick and without any hiccups, although there were so many of us.

Right as we got off the ship, I saw the "Welcome to the Bahamas" sign and knew I wanted a picture. Problem was, it was so crowded because everyone wanted a picture that I contemplated waiting, but a family, also DCL cruisers, asked if we wanted to get ahead of them and they take our picture. I couldn't say no! I never did see them again, but, dear family (and you know who you are) thank you for our photo!

Up Next: Day 3 part 2 - exploring Atlantis and an early afternoon buzz from all that tequila!
ShanaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:31 PM   #10
ShanaMouse's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 206

Day 3 (part 2) - "I think I should've had some food"

Since neither hubby or I knew where we were going or what to expect when we stepped off of the Dream, we sort of followed the crowds. As soon as we got through the security checkpoint, a guy was announcing boat rides to Atlantis. We figured that we should get on that and explore Atlantis on our own. While we were waiting for them to round up more people, I grabbed a map. Honestly, unless we were walking around town, I didn't really need it.

Finally the crew had rounded up enough people for the ferry ride over to paradise island and the next think I knew, we were being rushed to the dock. The guy kept saying "faster, faster, everyone... the boat will leave!" I sort of just giggled at the thought of our first experience in the Bahamas being missing the boat ride we paid for and trying to get our money back
As luck would have it, we did make it onto the boat to be squished in between loads of other tourists heading to Atlantis as well. I don't mind being squished in between, especially for a quick ride, but I should mention that it was close to 90 degrees and everyone was sweating.. including me! One of the guys that was part of the crew talked about the history of the island, celebrities who now live there, and wasn't shy to ask for tips. He was friendly and entertaining, so I definitely didn't mind.

When we got off of the boat we just followed the crowd. Many people seemed to know where they were going so I didn't hesitate to follow. It was, maybe, about a 15 minute walk or so from the dock to Atlantis itself. In bahamian 90+ degrees however, it seemed to take forever!

Hubby and I really didn't have a plan on what we wanted to do there so when we got to one of the many entrances, we just strolled around, looked all of the designed stores, checked out the casino, and made a mandatory bathroom break. While walking through the casino, which looked awesome, but I didn't want to lose all of our spending money on one afternoon at a slot machine, we headed to one of the information kiosks. There, we decided to get tickets to the Aquarium, which I had heard so much about! Hubby and I share a love for sea life, so this was right up our alley.

I apologize, all of these photos were taken with my phone, so they may not be as good as I would have liked for them to be.

The aquarium was amazing and I am so glad we took this tour! I know this can be booked through DCL directly as well, but it sort of just worked out this way for us. I am so glad we did it; the trek to Atlantis was definitely worth it. I think we spent most of our day there and then headed back to the dock around 1pm or so, since neither one of us knew the time when the boat would be back to pick us up. Heres a pic of hubby waiting at the dock... did I mention is was HOT?!

The boat ride back felt particularly quiet, as compared to the boat ride there. I think everyone was just sort of exhausted from the heat and was looking forward to heading back on their respective ships.

Going through security, again, was a breeze. We made our way back onboard by about 2something, headed to the room, got changed out of our sweaty gear and headed down to the District Lounge for our tequila tasting. This was something the both of us were very excited about since booking the day prior. There were a few other couples and a group or two already waiting, so we grabbed a seat and made ourselves comfortable. From where we were sitting, you could see the bar area and you saw the cast members already prepping for the tasting. A few minutes later we were greeted by a jolly german native who would be hosting this event. The reason i mention german is because his accent comes into play in a few moments. Anyhow, we were advised that they are just finishing up everything and that we would get to the tasting in just a few minutes. Meanwhile, another 2 or so couples took their seat and we were ready to go. The bartenders assistants gave everyone a wooden tray (not sure if they have an actual name), which each had 3 shot glasses filled with different Patron tequila on it.

Each table also received a small plate with salt and limes and everyone received a glass of water. Now, it was time to start. Hubby and I wanted to dive right in and taste, but the master mixologist, I shall call him, gave us a little history about tequila first. He also then gave us a separate glass with another tequila, which was to be the first one we should try. He didn't give us a name, he just advised us to drink it and then we would discuss. Honestly, I used to be able to drink tequila like it was nothing, but nowadays it is actually quite hard
Afterwards, the master mixologist told us that this was a brand new tequila and we got to try it for the first time this cruise. It was made by a celebrity and isn't sold in stores just yet. It was neat, but sort of didn't taste any different from some of the others that I had previously (not on this cruise) tried. Moving on, our mixologists kept giving us more history on tequila and we went through the three tequilas we had sitting in front of us.
Now... as far as his accent is concerned... if you didn't know, and how could you (?!), I am half german and actually grew up in Germany. I am used to hearing accents and, although sometimes hard to understand, I feel as though I am pretty good at understanding someone with a different accent, even if very thick. Needless to say, he had a thick accent, but not so thick that it was hard to understand. There was a group behind us that constantly made fun of the way he talked to a point where it was distracting. They would repeat what he had said in the same accent and then laugh about it or, what felt like, purposefully yell "what" after every sentence. Although the mixologist heard and saw what they were doing, he played it really cool and sort of just went on with his normal flow and schedule. i felt really bad, however, because it definitely wasn't nice. They also all got up before the end of the tasting and just walked out.
Back to the matter at hand, after the tasting of all of the tequilas, I leaned over to hubby and whispered "I think we should have made time for lunch because I feel wrong being like this at 3:30pm in the afternoon". Hubby just laughed and said "it's ok to let loose, we are on vacation". Lastly, we were handed a signature margarita made by our host, which was awesome! I honestly don't remember what was in it, but it was tasty! This was one of the favorite parts of our cruise because it was something we don't normally get to experience at home.

Up next: Day 3 part 3 - nap time, dinner, and pirate night!
ShanaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:40 PM   #11
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 108

Following along

Last edited by marquislaura; 01-28-2014 at 03:38 PM.
marquislaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:23 PM   #12
ShanaMouse's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 206

Day 3 (part 3) - "Look at all of those desserts!"

After our tequila tasting, hubby and I made our way back to our room, as I definitely needed a nap. Not only was I exhausted from walking around in the heat for most of the day, I also had minimal food and then had 4 shots and a margarita on top of that

We took an hour nap and afterwards made our way up to a quiet spot on one of the top decks. We wanted to spend the rest of the day relaxing. I had a book and hubby had his nook. It was so hot, however, that we stayed in our spot for only about 30 minutes and then couldn't take the heat anymore. Instead of going inside and reading at that point, we both took our things back to the room and then we both decided to just explore a little more. After elevators up and down, stairs up and then down again, we finally found ourselves on Goofys sports deck.

We walked around once or twice to check it out and wanted to play a round of mini golf, but there were quite a number of people playing as well, as we didn't want to interrupt the flow of things. Instead, we opted for ping pong. I hadn't played in years and, to be honest, this was probably my favorite thing that DH and I did. It was one of those moments where we just had fun together without being distracted by things like our phone, internet, other people, or anything else. We probably played for well over an hour, until it was time to get ready for tonights show.

The show, just like the night before, was fantastic again! After the show, we hit up the gift shop. Man, I wanted to buy so many things in there, but realized that, while I dont have to swipe an actual credit card, I still need to pay for it via the room key
We then headed to dinner at Animators Palette. I had heard many things about this restaurant, so I was stoked to dine here tonight. The atmosphere was great and we were, again, seated at our very own table. Not long after, it was time to order! Here are some pics to enjoy

After all of that food, as it was pirate night, we received another special dessert, which was delicious!

The next thing I knew, our head server came over and asked "who here had a birthday 2 days ago?" I looked at him in pure shock, raised my hand like a little kid, and said "i did!" When he walked off, I turned to hubby and asked "how did they know that?!?!!?" Not long after that, we had several servers around our table, holding two separate plates. They had brought out a happy birthday dessert as well as a congratulations dessert, as I had told DCL that we were celebrating our honeymoon. They also sang a song for my birthday! All in all, I think we had a total of 5 desserts... yeah... I was totally hyper after that!

I also received two buttons to wear for the duration of our cruise;

Once we rolled our way out of the dining room, we headed to our room to grab our mickey bandanas. What I found inside made me totally happy:

This is the service that Disney is known for and I couldnt have been more pleased! We made our way upstairs to take part in pirate night. The crowds of people were a little overwhelming, but we managed to find a spot and enjoy the show!

When pirate night ended, hubby and I made our way down to Evolutions, as they were doing an adult halloween costume contest. This was sooo cool! The lengths that some people went to for the perfect costume was fascinating. Here are just a few pics before we called it a night, since tomorrow was much anticipated Castaway Cay day!!!!

UP NEXT: Castaway Cay!!!!
ShanaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:12 AM   #13
DIS Veteran
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 728

Thanks for the report! All the pics are great! I'm looking forward to your Castaway photos
Me DH DD16 DS11
September 2006 POP First trip!!!
May 2007 POP
October 2009 POP Free Dining!!!
June 2010 Skipped Disney for Harry Potter
May 2013 POR
May 2014 Disney Dream
Reagan&Co. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:55 PM   #14
nancipants's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Davenport
Posts: 281

Really enjoying your report!
My first trip report! - A Magical Three-Day Birthday Cruise from Port Canaveral
nancipants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:08 PM   #15
DIS Veteran
kaysmommie's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 6,826

Great report and pictures! Looking forward to gearing about Castaway Cay.
kaysmommie is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: