Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-24-2014, 08:31 PM   #526
threewilmingtonwalls
DIS Veteran
 
threewilmingtonwalls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hollywood East
Posts: 683

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMinnieMom View Post
Oh, yuck. I did this using my computer, not the app, and it worked there. As per usual, Disney IT has things to work out in the early (and sometimes not-so-early!) days...
I'll try tomorrow from a computer. Thanks for all your help!
__________________
The Undomestic Goddess (Me!) DH (DD8)
threewilmingtonwalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:00 PM   #527
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!
 
keishashadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 19,995

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laketravis View Post
I'm not counting very many smiles in those pictures.

Must be a park full of haters.
frustrated seemed to be the general vibe when we were there Thurs/Fri/Sat pre MLK weekend.

the FP lines were crazy long. It took us over an hour to get on BTM and the line we stood in was much shorter than the one shown above.

we didn't even bother with attempting the Star Tours FP line, it snaked up to indy entrance.

standby lines were awful & to add insult to injury the stated times were way off. I knew on POC and JC by the size of the line there was no way each would only take 30 minutes and asked CMs at both sites who stood by the posted times. POC took 45 min and we quit the JC line after an hour.

had no issue switching FP+ times in the park as long as initiated before the window for the selection opened.

testing 1 - 2 - 3

hoping they get it together before we head back in May
__________________
Will trade 'nanners taken in trade by the Tag Fairy for your tag for tags!

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-25-2014, 12:59 AM   #528
Bluegrrl
Mouseketeer
 
Bluegrrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Altamonte Springs, FL
Posts: 384

Quote:
i am sorry that the people staying off prop and fla residents don't like the fp+ system. you must remember to look at the money. Disney does not make any money from the off prop. resorts or time shares but they do make money from the Disney resorts and dvc owners. these people financially support Disney. i do realize that Florida residents would like a free ride also, but they get a really big discount on park passes and aps. try to remember that Disney must have money to continue all the good things.
We don't get as many as you think. 10%-20% + blackout dates (usually holidays and summer), that's not much. Plus, the Disney CMs "maingate" passes (the MAIN perk of being a CM, I think) are being changed drastically. No CM I talked to is a fan of that. Also, ask one of those friendly CM how much money they make next time you are down there. Disney seems to want to pay their people pixie dust, and that isn't very practical! They work for the benefits that Disney provides, and right now Disney seems to be chipping away at a lot of benefits. Universal is MORE than happy to hire Disney-trained people!

We are truly getting shafted by this program. Florida manpower supports Disney. Disney is the largest employer in central Florida, employing roughly 60,000 people (rounding ## here). Without Floridians, Disney couldn't run - even with all the CPs and Internationals. Florida manpower runs the airports, car rentals, hotels, restaurants, churches, etc. Florida government handles the roads, police, emergency services, etc. Florida politicians make laws to help tourism (South American, Brits - we helped you get passports to come here). Even Star Wars Weekends relies on the local 501st Garrison to provide all those wonderful Stormtroopers, Rebels and Ewoks. That parade would not have 1/2 the impact that it does now. You like Pleasure Island? (when is still was open?). Florida GAVE $$ and permits to help Disney open it. Pleasure Island almost killed Downtown Orlando. Orlando bends over backwards to help the Mouse out. Residents put up with all the traffic and noise, the crowed airport, even the slightly nutty tourists.

Yes, we are happy to have you here, we like our city (mostly), and we even like you! But Disney NEEDS to help the locals out - we deserve it, and yet Disney continues to treat us like crap. Disney isn't as special as it seems to think, and Universal is courting the local market with places like CityWalk.
What is quite interesting is that Disneyland Cali usually gets all the new goodies (Carsland, TSMM, Soarin) Isn't is strange that FP+ and MDE wasn't rolled out there? It's a smaller park, easily controlled and the Magic Bands and FP+ is such a "special", "magical" and "innovative" technology. Hmmm...is it because Disneyland guest wouldn't stand for such a tech that treats it's local and loyal guests like crap? Hmmmm....

As Stephen Colbert said recently, "Innovation. It used to have to mean something."
Bluegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:15 AM   #529
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.
 
Mad Hattered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Down in a Hole
Posts: 4,156

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
frustrated seemed to be the general vibe when we were there Thurs/Fri/Sat pre MLK weekend.

the FP lines were crazy long. It took us over an hour to get on BTM and the line we stood in was much shorter than the one shown above.

we didn't even bother with attempting the Star Tours FP line, it snaked up to indy entrance.

standby lines were awful & to add insult to injury the stated times were way off. I knew on POC and JC by the size of the line there was no way each would only take 30 minutes and asked CMs at both sites who stood by the posted times. POC took 45 min and we quit the JC line after an hour.

had no issue switching FP+ times in the park as long as initiated before the window for the selection opened.

testing 1 - 2 - 3

hoping they get it together before we head back in May
Hey, Stranger....it's nice to see your input over here. Thanks for the report. Knowing you have been a long time visitor, it's nice to get some feedback from another veteran with experience.
__________________
I like escalators, because an escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. There would never be an “Escalator Temporarily Out of Order” sign. Only an “Escalator Temporarily Stairs… Sorry for the Convenience.”
Mad Hattered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:22 AM   #530
MickeyMinnieMom
If you ticket it, they will come... ;)
 
MickeyMinnieMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,769

Quote:
Originally Posted by threewilmingtonwalls View Post
I'll try tomorrow from a computer. Thanks for all your help!
You're welcome! Hope it works for you, too!
__________________
FP+, you ask?


MickeyMinnieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:23 AM   #531
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 30,448

If I bring my desktop computer to the parks with me, will they let me in at the gates? I mean, I know if I put it on a luggage cart, that would be excluded because of the wheels. But is there any sort of small print preventing me from strapping it to my back?










mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:29 AM   #532
MickeyMinnieMom
If you ticket it, they will come... ;)
 
MickeyMinnieMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,769

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
If I bring my desktop computer to the parks with me, will they let me in at the gates? I mean, I know if I put it on a luggage cart, that would be excluded because of the wheels. But is there any sort of small print preventing me from strapping it to my back?










Hopefully not! Let us know how it goes!!
__________________
FP+, you ask?


MickeyMinnieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:39 AM   #533
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 30,448

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMinnieMom View Post
Hopefully not! Let us know how it goes!!
Well, it was a purely hypothetical question you know. But I like to have a contingency plan for anything.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:44 AM   #534
MickeyMinnieMom
If you ticket it, they will come... ;)
 
MickeyMinnieMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,769

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Well, it was a purely hypothetical question you know. But I like to have a contingency plan for anything.
Of course, but I'd still love to see that security check: "Well, I mean, I NEED this because MDX only works for me half the time..."

I think there's a decent case there...



Some people search for the meaning of life. I rack my brain over how it's possible that a giant, successful company like Disney STILL can't get their IT house fully in order. Why can't the app match the website? Really?

And while they've now joined us in this decade (FB, Twitter, etc.) and no longer seem so behind, I still think they should be able to be more on the forefront. We love Disney and WDW... we're the freaks with every acronym: DVC, AP, D23, DMC, DMR, TIW, you name it. But this still baffles me...
__________________
FP+, you ask?


MickeyMinnieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:48 AM   #535
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 30,448

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMinnieMom View Post
Of course, but I'd still love to see that security check: "Well, I mean, I NEED this because MDX only works for me half the time..."

I think there's a decent case there...



Some people search for the meaning of life. I rack my brain over how it's possible that a giant, successful company like Disney STILL can't get their IT house fully in order. Why can't the app match the website? Really?

And while they've now joined us in this decade (FB, Twitter, etc.) and no longer seem so behind, I still think they should be able to be more on the forefront. We love Disney and WDW... we're the freaks with every acronym: DVC, AP, D23, DMC, DMR, TIW, you name it. But this still baffles me...


It baffles a lot of us. I am genuinely perplexed. Did they not know their own reputation for IT issues before deciding to put their IT department front and center in the daily park experience?
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:53 AM   #536
MickeyMinnieMom
If you ticket it, they will come... ;)
 
MickeyMinnieMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,769

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
It baffles a lot of us. I am genuinely perplexed. Did they not know their own reputation for IT issues before deciding to put their IT department front and center in the daily park experience?
Yup... that part I don't quite get. I feel like I'd want a more solid IT track record heading into something like this. I feel like MOST of the time, they EVENTUALLY get it right... this is a BIG one for them, though, just purely from an IT perspective. I worry more about early execution than I do concept, since they can tweak the concept following feedback (change max FP+/day, etc.).

Between IT stuff and holding out hope that they will loosen some of the restrictions, that's why I still just have my fingers crossed...
__________________
FP+, you ask?


MickeyMinnieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 04:22 PM   #537
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise
 
disney1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Maryland
Posts: 10,177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Yup. Don't forget the promised "Legendary Years" of the then new Pop Century Resort... that remained looking like this for about a decade. Hard to believe that Disney left this "war zone look" in plain view of guests at the Pop.














The above finally, just recently completed as the new "Art of Animation Resort."
Yes, and before that, Boardwalk was stopped.
__________________
Life is a Journey – remember to appreciate everyday -- be happy for this moment...this moment is your life



disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 07:34 PM   #538
d-r
l|ll|||ll||ll||
 
d-r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Chattanooga
Posts: 3,500

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney1990 View Post
Yes, and before that, Boardwalk was stopped.
and port orleans french quarter.
__________________
d-r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:55 PM   #539
Joe Dirt 1972
Mouseketeer
 
Joe Dirt 1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 115

Fast Pass+ is just ruined Disney world
__________________

1976 First trip

Christmas 2008 POP Century Resort Kirstyn 4 Hailey 2 Chelsea 5 months

Christmas 2010 POP Century Resort Kirstyn 6 Hailey 4 Chelsea 2

May 2013 Animal Kingdom lodge Kirstyn 8 Hailey 7 Chelsea 4

Christmas 2014 Old Key West Kirstyn 10 Hailey 8 Chelsea 6
Joe Dirt 1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 12:25 PM   #540
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise
 
disney1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Maryland
Posts: 10,177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dirt 1972 View Post
Fast Pass+ is just ruined Disney world
__________________
Life is a Journey – remember to appreciate everyday -- be happy for this moment...this moment is your life



disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: