Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2014, 12:06 AM   #331
Clare
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalvaryMike View Post
Yes. Because you need to have a room linked to your MB's. As soon as you cancel your room, you lose the link and your FP+.
Got it - that makes sense. Thanks.
Clare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:23 AM   #332
iheartjuppy
Mouseketeer

That's also my fear with what would essentially be a no-show as well. So getting to a resort/FW just to check in for the throwaway room may be the mitigating factor in whether this is just too much of a pain in the butt I'm certainly hoping someone gives it a shot before our trip to let us know. I have every intention of calling CRO to ask, but we all know their answers have been, um, inconsistent in the past so I'm not holding my breath on anything they say.

A family could genuinely be planning to camp for one night just as a special treat for the kids during an off-site visit but if it's pouring that day, it takes the fun out of it and I wouldn't stand outside pitching my tent in the pouring rain just for one "fun" night and would probably change my mind and stay in the hotel. If that was the first night and thereby forfeits MB/FP+ privileges already booked for the duration of tickets I'd be pretty upset so want to make 100% sure of what's going on.
iheartjuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2014, 09:42 AM   #333
mom2mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartjuppy View Post
That's also my fear with what would essentially be a no-show as well. So getting to a resort/FW just to check in for the throwaway room may be the mitigating factor in whether this is just too much of a pain in the butt I'm certainly hoping someone gives it a shot before our trip to let us know. I have every intention of calling CRO to ask, but we all know their answers have been, um, inconsistent in the past so I'm not holding my breath on anything they say.

A family could genuinely be planning to camp for one night just as a special treat for the kids during an off-site visit but if it's pouring that day, it takes the fun out of it and I wouldn't stand outside pitching my tent in the pouring rain just for one "fun" night and would probably change my mind and stay in the hotel. If that was the first night and thereby forfeits MB/FP+ privileges already booked for the duration of tickets I'd be pretty upset so want to make 100% sure of what's going on.
I wonder about check out also. What is required when you check out?
mom2mickeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:07 AM   #334
Tramp68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mickeyfan View Post
I wonder about check out also. What is required when you check out?
Nothing is required at checkout. We had a 1 night studio stay at AKV before our 2BR OKW reservation just to use the room to shower and clean up after a 20 hour drive. We were planning on getting in at 6AM and shower and nap quick. We were delayed in traffic and never got to the room.

Disney thinks we used the room and have sent multiple survey requests to see how my stay was. The reservation was never removed from MDE.
OKW Nov 2002
OKW Feb 2005
OKW July 2007 (3 weeks)
AKV April 2008
FWC Aug 2010 (1 month)
AKV July 2011 (1 month)
OKW Dec 2013

Member OKW 1998 (55pts woo-hoo)
Member SSR 2005
Add-on SSR 2007
Add-on SSR 2010
Add-on BWV 2013
Tramp68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 12:11 PM   #335
mrzrich
DIS Veteran

There are only 90 tent/pop up sites total in all of FW.

There are

1,920 at All-Star Movies Resort
1,728 standard rooms at All-Star Music Resort
1,920 at All-Star Sports Resort
2,880 at Pop Century Classic Years Resort
and
864 Little Mermaid rooms at AOA

I just think in the spirit of fairness to people who might actually need those 90 sites for actual tent or pop up camping, if you are going to "throwaway" a reservation, do it at a value.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:24 PM   #336
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzrich View Post
There are only 90 tent/pop up sites total in all of FW.

There are

1,920 at All-Star Movies Resort
1,728 standard rooms at All-Star Music Resort
1,920 at All-Star Sports Resort
2,880 at Pop Century Classic Years Resort
and
864 Little Mermaid rooms at AOA

I just think in the spirit of fairness to people who might actually need those 90 sites for actual tent or pop up camping, if you are going to "throwaway" a reservation, do it at a value.
at certain times of the year the "values" book super fast so that way of thinking wouldn't be fair to the people who don't camp in a tent and only want a value Seems like a tremendous amount of rooms I get that VS tent site but they sell out too

Now what I really think, you want to spend your money and not actually use the room/tent site I could not care less; you are spending your $ for the reservation just like everyone else Doesn't matter in the least to me where you actually put your head down at night
Old 01-13-2014, 12:45 PM   #337
MikeandReneePlus5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
I totally agree with Robo.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:49 PM   #338
Imhere
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Easy for you to say.
Imhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 04:30 PM   #339
iheartjuppy
Mouseketeer

I spoke with the Internet Help Desk today (1/13/14 obviously subject to change with the wind) about what would happen to FP+ reservations if one did not check in day-of but of course paid for the room, and was told that FP+ are tied to the Magic Bands and as long as the reservation wasn't canceled, they would not be deleted/removed due to a no-show (paid). Take that as you will, as I was also told I was the first person to ask that question and she did not put me on hold or double check with anyone else. SEEMS like as long as you pay you'd be all set, but if you canceled after receiving your MBs/booking FP+s you'd likely have your plans canceled along with your reservations.

Last edited by iheartjuppy; 01-14-2014 at 07:17 AM.
iheartjuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:22 AM   #340
mickeyinthehouse
Mouseketeer

Has anyone else had experience with rooms/cancellations or multiple days of FP+ reservations? We are staying offsite in March - normally we stay onsite but we have free hotel points to use. However, we did rent DVC points for the last night of our trip in order to plan a parents night out and our kids could utilize the kids club. It just seemed easier to stay onsite for that night.

So we have magic bands coming, but it's my understanding they will not be active until we check in to our hotel on the last night of our stay. So we will have bands all week but unable to use them. If we book a room for the first night of our stay, it seems to me the mb will be active which will grant us access to the park, but I'm unsure what dates I would have access to fp+. I would think I could book the day we check in and the day of checkout. Also, I should be able to book the last day of the trip since we will be onsite for that day as well. Any guesses on the days in between?
mickeyinthehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:14 PM   #341
DisneyMomLJ
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know whether the "loophole" of the throwaway room connected to tickets making Magic Bands and prescheduling FP+ available will work if the onsite stay is in the middle of the trip?

I would like to do the dining plan for a couple days.

We are staying for ten days so my thought is to do a one or two day stay at Pop and connect it to 10 day tickets with the dining plan for the duration of the Pop reservation. I'd like to be able to have the dining plan days be in the middle of the stay because I want to do a few character meals and I'd like them to be after we've been at the parks for a couple days, so that I'll be able to surprise my kids with something new.

Do you guys thing this will work? Any suggestions?

DisneyMomLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:22 PM   #342
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomLJ View Post
Does anyone know whether the "loophole" of the throwaway room connected to tickets making Magic Bands and prescheduling FP+ available will work if the onsite stay is in the middle of the trip?

We are staying for ten days so my thought is to do a one or two day stay at Pop and connect it to 10 day tickets with the dining plan for the duration of the Pop reservation. I'd like to be able to have the dining plan days be in the middle of the stay because I want to do a few character meals and I'd like them to be after we've been at the parks for a couple days, so that I'll be able to surprise my kids with something new.

I'm not sure I'm interpreting your question correctly. But if I am...... the dining credits are only good from the day you check in through midnight the day you check out. So while there could be some leeway on using the room to trigger your ability to book FP+ days, there is absolutely NO leeway with the days you use your dining credits.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:59 PM   #343
EPCOTatNight
I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original DISard of Oz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post

I'm not sure I'm interpreting your question correctly. But if I am...... the dining credits are only good from the day you check in through midnight the day you check out. So while there could be some leeway on using the room to trigger your ability to book FP+ days, there is absolutely NO leeway with the days you use your dining credits.
You are misinterpreting the question. The previous poster said that they want the dining plan for the duration of the Pop stay which indicates that they know that it's only available for those days. The question is actually about the connection of magic bands and FP+, not the dining plan.

Sent from my IPad using DisBoards.
(8/2006 ASMo) (8/2007 Pop) (5/2009 3 night Wonder) (12/2009 ASM/Pop) (1/2011 Pop) (1/2012 CSR/WL) (1/2013 ASMo/4 night Dream) (5/2013 6 night Magic*Galveston*) (12/2013 7 night Fantasy) (3/2014 SSR) (8/2014 BLT/AKV) (1/2015 7 night Magic)

EPCOTatNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 12:04 AM   #344
xie
Mouseketeer

You know, this is how I know that this whole thing is Disney's New Coke.

Pages and pages of threads dedicated to figuring out how to exploit the reservation system solely to gain access to some relatively broken tech in order to pre-schedule a grand total of 3 rides per day.

And somehow, the WDW Parks team, which is world-reknowned for their nearly unparalleled day-in and day-out crowd management capability, is failing to manage those crowds well.

This is kind of a PR disaster for them. I don't know if they clearly understand this yet, but all one has to do is look around fansites like this one, look at that Facebook page, and so on. It's a bit of a mess. And they just don't seem to be getting out in front of it. They certainly have the marketing and public relations know-how to get out in front of many other potentially negative stories about the parks. Maybe they're struggling with messaging because this isn't an isolated incident that happened to one or a few guests and will never happen again, it is instead an ongoing thing happening to additional guests every day.

A year from now, I do predict they will have woken up and the FP+ rules will not look much like they look right now. I don't think they'll turn the paper machines back on (very slim chance at that), but otherwise all bets are off on what rules they change.

I just don't know.

27 WDW Trips and 2 DL Trips since 1994
Most recently, New Year's 2014
xie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:15 AM   #345
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

You won't be able to make FP+ reservations for the days before you're supposed to check in at Pop. So if your reservation is 26th January to 28th January, the first FP+ reservations you could make would be 26 January. You can make them after your reservation for the duration of your ticket.

For the dining credits, you must use them from the day you check in until the day you check out. In the above example, you could use your dining credits 26th January until 28th January (until midnight)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomLJ View Post

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: