Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2014, 07:58 PM   #31
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I'm really surprised by that.
That's weird--I don't think that's me you quoted.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:00 PM   #32
g-dad66
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've noticed several mornings recently that Tower of Terror had a longer wait than Rock n Roller Coaster or Toy Story Mania.

That happened to us one trip when one (or more?) of the elevators wasn't working, so I wonder if that might be going on.
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2014, 08:01 PM   #33
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-dad66 View Post
Thanks for checking this out! And thanks for letting us know.

Now the only remaining question for me is whether an offsite guest can get FP+ in two different parks in the same day. I started a thread a week ago asking if any offsite guest had tried this, and haven't yet seen anyone report on this.
I would love first hand intel on that (just because I'm curious) but I seriously doubt it. The way they have everything linked electronically I am pretty sure (let's go with 98%) that the computer will read the card and *know* the person already got FP in an earlier park.

Yes, to the other poster - the Komodo Dragon died a few weeks ago. We really liked him - so exotic. Personally I hope they get another one but only if it is one that has to be in captivity for a reason (ie injured or something). Right now there are barred geese (or something like that) in his spot.

Previous Magical Adventures:
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music; May 2014 SWW AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies
Good Morning Dewdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:07 PM   #34
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was too (surprised that the person could not get a TOT FP this morning) - that's why I mentioned it.

Basically - We met a really nice couple while waiting at the turnstiles. Helped them with FP decisions etc and then ran into them later at the Drawing Class - that's when he told me about the TOT issue. He also mentioned that when he got in line it was a 30 minute wait and he watched it change to 85 minutes in a second (so I'm thinking that there was a mechanical issue.....?) Maybe earlier in the day they knew they might be having an issue and stopped putting out FP? I really have no clue and am just guessing.

I know TSM was glitch-y this morning - we rode it first thing (no wait walked fast) and after almost every screen we had to wait with the 'zero' targets for a bit.

Previous Magical Adventures:
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music; May 2014 SWW AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies
Good Morning Dewdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:08 PM   #35
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

The Olaf they are talking about at Disneyland is on the roof of their meet & greet location. He is animatronic and has a variety of phrases. I believe he is interactive as I'm pretty sure I saw a little boy hanging out there waiting to have Olaf wish him a Happy Birthday.

Olaf's Abode by mom2rtk, on Flickr

Olaf Up Close by mom2rtk, on Flickr
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:10 PM   #36
NMK62303
Mouseketeer

We did the M&G with Anna and Elsa on Tuesday, it was an AM EMH day. I went straight back once we got in and I was fourth in line at around 8:15. By 8:30 there were over 10 groups in line. My husband did a few rides with the kids then he came and switched out with me around 9:15. We were in by 11:10. It was completely worth it!
They brought the ropes out around 9 and the CM's opened the doors right at 11. He said that two CM's came by sometime after 9 and took orders for quick service breakfast, and everyone went up one by one to pay.
I enjoyed talking to the guy in line behind us and my husband also struck up conversations with others. By 11:45 they were lining up in front of the church and along the wall headed to Mexico!
One neat idea for autographs was the Frozen storybooks that they were selling in the Norway store. Also saw someone with a print they bought at the Studios that they were going to have the princesses sign.
They were truly beautiful and elegant!! A highlight of our trip.

NMK62303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:17 PM   #37
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
That's weird--I don't think that's me you quoted.
Hmmmm. Weird indeed. All I did was hit quote and erase the extra stuff I didn't want quoted.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:19 PM   #38
AliceandAriel
part of your world!

Quote:
The Olaf they are talking about at Disneyland is on the roof of their meet & greet location. He is animatronic and has a variety of phrases. I believe he is interactive as I'm pretty sure I saw a little boy hanging out there waiting to have Olaf wish him a Happy Birthday.

Olaf's Abode by mom2rtk, on Flickr

Olaf Up Close by mom2rtk, on Flickr
Well crap, why can't they replicate that, details and all, at WDW? That's so adorable!

[May 2012 Off-Site WBC][May 2013 Off-Site WBC][October 2013 AoA LM][February 2014 AoA LK][October 2014 AKV-Kidani]
AliceandAriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:19 PM   #39
mesaboy2

Quote:
Hmmmm. Weird indeed. All I did was hit quote and erase the extra stuff I didn't want quoted.
No worries, just noticed my name up there. Cool pics of Olaf!
Old 01-24-2014, 08:25 PM   #40
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No worries, just noticed my name up there. Cool pics of Olaf!
Maybe the MDE app exceeded its quota of glitches for the day and shipped a few extras over here to the DIS?

So do you think you'll wait out the Frozen like at DLR? I think it's still been running around 90 minutes. If you don't have the Mousewait app yet, you should get it. I enjoyed watching time trends leading up to our trip.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:36 AM   #41
whitjake
Earning My Ears

Smile advice

we will be at epcot on sat. we had ADR for norway at 8:40 should I let my hubby just go ahead and get in line for A & E while the rest of us eat breakfast? or what would you suggest?
whitjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:02 AM   #42
mesaboy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitjake View Post
we will be at epcot on sat. we had ADR for norway at 8:40 should I let my hubby just go ahead and get in line for A & E while the rest of us eat breakfast? or what would you suggest?
I'm not gonna lie, but that would be a huge time-saver for the rest of you. (Sorry, Dad.)

Quote:
Maybe the MDE app exceeded its quota of glitches for the day and shipped a few extras over here to the DIS? So do you think you'll wait out the Frozen like at DLR? I think it's still been running around 90 minutes. If you don't have the Mousewait app yet, you should get it. I enjoyed watching time trends leading up to our trip.
Wasn't planning to, but then I showed the girls your two pictures. I'm so stoopid.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:18 AM   #43
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm not gonna lie, but that would be a huge time-saver for the rest of you. (Sorry, Dad.)

Wasn't planning to, but then I showed the girls your two pictures. I'm so stoopid.
LOL, you can always DIS while you're in line. The good news is that their line at DLR isn't AS long as the one at Epcot. They meet continuously all day. But it ends at 5 I believe.

The bad news is that their line isn't set up to accommodate one person holding a spot. It's just poles and chains...... tight quarters.

Here's one more to seal your fate of standing in line:

Sisterly Love by mom2rtk, on Flickr
Old 01-25-2014, 11:31 AM   #44
mesaboy2

Now you're just being mean.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:36 AM   #45
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
Now you're just being mean.
You have to go! Olaf reportedly falls asleep, snores, and, talks in his sleep... I would go just to watch that!
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: