Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2014, 06:53 PM   #1
AlabamaBound
Earning My Ears

Any Advantage (Other than Price) to Photopass vs Memory Maker

My fiancé and I are heading to Disney in 5 days, and I am still trying to decide between ordering the new Memory Maker or the regular Photopass. We do not have any character meals booked, and we aren’t overly concerned with getting a lot of ride photos (in part because he is a full time manual wheelchair user which will limit what he can and will ride). Other than the slight price difference ($119 vs $149 for advance purchase), are there any other advantages to going with Photopass instead of Memory Maker? What would you recommend in this particular situation?

Also, my original plan was to order Photopass + because I liked the idea of getting the disc of Disney stock photos to use for making my own photobook. Does anyone know if there is still a way to purchase the disc on its own, even if it’s at one of the parks (as opposed to a photo package add on)?

Thank you in advance for your recommendations
AlabamaBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:22 PM   #2
QueenofScott
Mouseketeer

This was our first experience with any photo package. We were there January 4-11, in the parks 6 days. We decided to go with Memory Maker for the $149 pre-purchase price. The main thing that swayed me was the ability to download photos as many times as you like before the cut-off date. We started of with about 200 photos, which I downloaded. Since then I have been having fun editing them...different sizes, black & white pics, zooming in, changing orientation, borders, stickers. I have downloaded several times after adding more versions. We now have over 700 photos after all the changes, by the way) I've seen complaints about the quality, but our photos are great...they hold priceless memories! We are going to put them on discs, as well, just in case. It's one of the smartest decisions we made for our trip. Hope you have as magical a time as we did!

Oh...sorry, I don't know about the cd of stock photos. I'm sure you could call Photopass service to find out, though.
QueenofScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:54 PM   #3
lisamarch
Mouseketeer

I've been wondering the same thing. More advice from those who've tried one or the other would be great!

WDW Jan 1993 (day trip)
WDW Nov 2006 - Wilderness Lodge
WDW Nov 2010 - CBR
DCL - Disney Magic Nov-Dec 2010
WDW January 2012 - All Star Movies
DL June 2013
WDW May-June 2014 - Boardwalk Inn
lisamarch is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: