Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2014, 01:09 PM   #16
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayvewc View Post
They will have ticket media (an RFID card) and if THAT is linked to their account it should work, as (my understanding) is that ticket cards can be scanned. I've been wrong before, though.
Well I like to be complicated ...I won't have our tickets linked to the account because I am getting special ones that have to be picked up at the park to make a long story short.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:11 PM   #17
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipetotec View Post
Well this rep went out of their way to specify this to me. said that as long as MDE is set up correctly, the MM holder should see all photos and be able to include them on their MM package. But that attraction photos would require the MM holder to be present. That's dumb.
I agree! I assume this will be the same for dining photos as well.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2014, 01:13 PM   #18
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

If that's true it's in line with what Pp+ used to be I guess. The ONE card could get the ride/meal photos.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:10 PM   #19
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Recapping, I think it's all been answered here now, but I got full confirmation straight from Guest services.

1- If all family members are linked on MDE and allowed to see each other's photopass pictures, a single MM package can be used to download those pictures.
2 - As confirmed above, only ONE person will be able to download them.

3- Pictures at *ATTRACTIONS* will require the holder of the MM package to scan their magicBand. That means that if you split up, Specifically ATTRACTION photos won't be shareable this way.

I admit, this last item is probably a deal breaker for us. That was a big part of why we were considering it is we could still split up, and share our attraction photos. If I need to show up at each photo location to scan my own personal bracelet? forget that...
You can get the others to write down their ride photo numbers and then when you're in that park up to 48 hours later, you should be able to grab their photos with your MagicBand.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:12 PM   #20
xipetotec
DIS Veteran

******* Well I just got a very nice email from Guest Services that changes EVERYTHING ******

The information that you received in the last email actually pertained to the PhotoPass+ program, which has been replaced by Memory Maker. After reading through the conversation history, it seems that you do have everything correctly set in your My Disney Experience account to be able to view and download ALL photos for the guests in which you're associated.

If a family member were to ride Space Mountain and had the photo linked to their MagicBand, you would be able to view and download it without going to the location yourself.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

xipetotec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:31 PM   #21
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
******* Well I just got a very nice email from Guest Services that changes EVERYTHING ******

The information that you received in the last email actually pertained to the PhotoPass+ program, which has been replaced by Memory Maker. After reading through the conversation history, it seems that you do have everything correctly set in your My Disney Experience account to be able to view and download ALL photos for the guests in which you're associated.

If a family member were to ride Space Mountain and had the photo linked to their MagicBand, you would be able to view and download it without going to the location yourself.

Sincerely,

Thanks for that info!!!
Old 01-24-2014, 05:23 PM   #22
jennynyholm
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for this info. Exactly what I was searching for!
jennynyholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:06 PM   #23
ariel326
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Well I like to be complicated ...I won't have our tickets linked to the account because I am getting special ones that have to be picked up at the park to make a long story short.
When you go to the park, Go to guest services or will call or whatever it is called and have them link it to a memory maker card. Then hand the card to all the photographers and what not.
It's white with a green stripe and has one of the incredibles on it.
Disney History- every year from 1985-1992- offsite with grandparents. 1993-Contemporary 1994- Grand Floridian 1996-Pop Music 1997- Boardwalk Hotel 2005- Off site, time share 2014- Off site, Kissimmee.

Enjoyed our Offsite 3 day trip over MLK weekend!
Looking forward to our next trip- hoping for 2017! Time to start saving our pennies!
ariel326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:08 PM   #24
ariel326
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel326 View Post
When you go to the park, Go to guest services or will call or whatever it is called and have them link it to a memory maker card. Then hand the card to all the photographers and what not.
It's white with a green stripe and has one of the incredibles on it.
BUT You still have to buy it 3 days prior to your first use or you won't get it for the discounted price and you won't get the pictures from your trip for those first 3 days.

Order it online, save the confirmation number, when you pick up your tickets at will call or whatever have them link a card (or your magic bands if you have those, not sure your circumstances) to your tickets. Its super easy.
Disney History- every year from 1985-1992- offsite with grandparents. 1993-Contemporary 1994- Grand Floridian 1996-Pop Music 1997- Boardwalk Hotel 2005- Off site, time share 2014- Off site, Kissimmee.

Enjoyed our Offsite 3 day trip over MLK weekend!
Looking forward to our next trip- hoping for 2017! Time to start saving our pennies!
ariel326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:18 PM   #25
redrosesix
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Sincerely,
WOOOT!! thanks for asking and posting

Feb. 2008 All Star Music Feb. 2009 All Star Music Feb. 2010 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2011 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2012 Pop Pop Pop and All Star Music Feb. 2013 AoA, ASMusic and off-site with our team Feb. 2014 ASMusic and Cypress Pointe Resort Feb. 2015 Cypress Pointe Resort, US Cabana Bay and All Stars for Twirlmania
redrosesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:21 PM   #26
redrosesix
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel326 View Post
BUT You still have to buy it 3 days prior to your first use or you won't get it for the discounted price and you won't get the pictures from your trip for those first 3 days.

Order it online, save the confirmation number, when you pick up your tickets at will call or whatever have them link a card (or your magic bands if you have those, not sure your circumstances) to your tickets. Its super easy.
this... we bought MM and it's linked to our MDE account and all of my family members. But our tickets are still on their way to us since we're attending a competition there. Really, all you need is a resort reservation to sign up for MM.

Feb. 2008 All Star Music Feb. 2009 All Star Music Feb. 2010 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2011 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2012 Pop Pop Pop and All Star Music Feb. 2013 AoA, ASMusic and off-site with our team Feb. 2014 ASMusic and Cypress Pointe Resort Feb. 2015 Cypress Pointe Resort, US Cabana Bay and All Stars for Twirlmania
redrosesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:09 PM   #27
MinnieLovesMickey
Peyton Manning's #1 Fan!

Sorry to hijack the thread but I have a question along these lines also. Do you still get the photo prints from the character meals like you could with PP+?
Old 01-24-2014, 10:52 PM   #28
Cais
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieLovesMickey View Post
Sorry to hijack the thread but I have a question along these lines also. Do you still get the photo prints from the character meals like you could with PP+?
No memory maker is all digital. You only get prints at akershus and crt

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 01-24-2014, 10:55 PM   #29
Cais
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well this rep went out of their way to specify this to me. said that as long as MDE is set up correctly, the MM holder should see all photos and be able to include them on their MM package. But that attraction photos would require the MM holder to be present. That's dumb.
This is also incorrect. PhotoPass plus needs the holder present. Memory maker does not. Anyone in the traveling party can get photos. I'm sounding like a broken record here.

For christ's sake don't scan your ticket. It's not designed for that. Those without magic bands use PhotoPass ids. The photographers should know better than that.

Old 01-25-2014, 01:17 PM   #30
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cais View Post
This is also incorrect. PhotoPass plus needs the holder present. Memory maker does not. Anyone in the traveling party can get photos. I'm sounding like a broken record here.

For christ's sake don't scan your ticket. It's not designed for that. Those without magic bands use PhotoPass ids. The photographers should know better than that.

I guess we have no clue where you are getting your info from...We need more evidence and proof....
not sure what you are meaning by scanning the ticket????

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: