Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2014, 08:16 PM   #1
PJ
Mouseketeer

EP MDE times 1/23 way off??? Said 90 - was 30?

We were at EP today (1/23). At 9:30 MDE was showing a 90 minute wait at Soarin'. This didn't make sense since this was a very low crowd estimate day. We got there at 10:30 and since there were lines at the FP+ kiosks (we have AP's so no advance FP's) we decided to go right to the one at Soarin to get one there. Wait was actually 30 minutes??

MDE was also not showing the current FP return times available for anything, but didn't say no FP's available either. Has that feature been discontinued in MDE??

Very confused...
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:41 PM   #2
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ View Post
We were at EP today (1/23). At 9:30 MDE was showing a 90 minute wait at Soarin'. This didn't make sense since this was a very low crowd estimate day. We got there at 10:30 and since there were lines at the FP+ kiosks (we have AP's so no advance FP's) we decided to go right to the one at Soarin to get one there. Wait was actually 30 minutes??

MDE was also not showing the current FP return times available for anything, but didn't say no FP's available either. Has that feature been discontinued in MDE??

Very confused...
Another poster reported that Soarin' was operating at half-capacity early this morning with one side down.

There is no such concept as a FP return window (via legacy FP) anymore, as legacy FP is apparently dead now.
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2014, 08:45 PM   #3
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

Quote:

Very confused...
On another thread someone said the long wait first thing was due to only one of the sides being open.

Every once in a while I've noticed the FP return times aren't displayed. They will usually return in short order, so I've assumed it is some sort of technical glitch.
Pixie Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:48 PM   #4
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

MDE was right - we were standing by Soarin at 9:33 this morning (just got off of Living with the Land) and the wait was 90 minutes. I was shocked!! Another poster (stormtracker) reported that one side was down (as PP mentioned) that sounds logical to me - we didn't actually walk over to ask as we were heading over to Norway to get in line with DH (to meet Anna and Elsa)

It was a very low crowd day (to me) - then again I think 1/2 of the park was standing in the Anna/ Elsa line......
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music; May 2014 SWW AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies

Our new favorite thing to do (between Disney trips) is posting DHs photos on foap - he's under guanojoe (how funny is that?!)
Good Morning Dewdrop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:48 PM   #5
PJ
Mouseketeer

But aren't you still reserving a specific time with FP+? We're AP holders so we haven't reserved any FP's in advance, and haven't seen what it looks like now when you reserve one day-of.

Sorry for my ignorance - been trying to follow all the various threads but still confused!
Old 01-23-2014, 08:49 PM   #6
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post

There is no such concept as a FP return window (via legacy FP) anymore, as legacy FP is apparently dead now.
Well that makes sense.
Pixie Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:50 PM   #7
mesaboy2

Quote:
But aren't you still reserving a specific time with FP+? We're AP holders so we haven't reserved any FP's in advance, and haven't seen what it looks like now when you reserve one day-of.

Sorry for my ignorance - been trying to follow all the various threads but still confused!
Yes, but that displayed MDE return window was an artifact of the old system. It was specifically the return time you got if you pulled a paper FP from a legacy kiosk. With FP+, you choose your time via the app or a new kiosk.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:02 PM   #8
PJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yes, but that displayed MDE return window was an artifact of the old system. It was specifically the return time you got if you pulled a paper FP from a legacy kiosk. With FP+, you choose your time via the app or a new kiosk.
Thanks for the clarification! I think what I had in mind was that there would be a way to know in advance what times would still be available, or if all available FP times were gone for the day (as often happened with TSM, for example).

We're retired and 20 minutes from WDW for the Winter so we have the luxury of being able to go a few times a week, but we're limited by our dogs' bladder capacities. We can't get there at 10:00, for example, and use a FP time of 4:00. I think I just need to wait till AP holders are allowed to reserve FP+ in advance. Hopefully that will be soon!
Old 01-23-2014, 09:23 PM   #9
mesaboy2

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification! I think what I had in mind was that there would be a way to know in advance what times would still be available, or if all available FP times were gone for the day (as often happened with TSM, for example).

We're retired and 20 minutes from WDW for the Winter so we have the luxury of being able to go a few times a week, but we're limited by our dogs' bladder capacities. We can't get there at 10:00, for example, and use a FP time of 4:00. I think I just need to wait till AP holders are allowed to reserve FP+ in advance. Hopefully that will be soon!
That would be a wonderful, and dare I say fabulous, piece of info for FP+ to provide. Sadly, I don't see it happening.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:30 PM   #10
skilesare
Mouseketeer

Quote:

You should try the kiosks. I've yet to see a report where someone had trouble getting a time they wanted on a FP+ the day of. A few of the popular rides will become unavailable in the middle of the day, but if you are there early, people haven't had trouble getting them.
skilesare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 05:58 PM   #11
PJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
That would be a wonderful, and dare I say fabulous, piece of info for FP+ to provide. Sadly, I don't see it happening.
Well, I can hope... Thanks for the info, all!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: