Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2014, 09:57 AM   #121
chellewashere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgattis View Post
Is this an actual thing??? Cool.....where do I find it? Brand name? That would be totally awesome for our ski trips!!!!
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hamilton-B...Maker/23708545
Old 01-24-2014, 10:35 AM   #122
SpecialK
DIS Veteran

Clothes pins can be used for bag clips and to keep curtains closed as well as for hanging wet suits on the line in the tub.

Spray deodorant. We use it on our feet in the morning. Also helps to prevent blisters since we're not Body Glide fans (too stick)

Plastic shoe box for meds, first aid, small scissors, emery board, eye glass repair kit etc. goes on a closet shelf and stays out of the way. Two pocket folder for maps, envelopes, loose leaf etc.
SpecialK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2014, 10:52 AM   #123
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I feel like Rita Rodney Dangerfield...

Aluminum wallet:
http://www.amazon.com/Meco-Indestruc...luminum+wallet

Becuase it's waterproof and holds all those cards and such really well. It's a little less necessary with the MBs, now...since I (probably) don't need to cart around all those tickets and KTTW cards. But its still nice to have.

And a Neosling "water holster":
http://www.amazon.com/NEOSLING-Adjus...bottle+holster

Because it means every person in the party can carry their own water bottle, easily, in something that can even "ride the rides" with you. Light, easy to deal with, and it doesn't chaffe!

Given we are DVC members, and are usually in a 1BR or 2BR....we end up not buying drinks/water EXCEPT at our TS meals. You can even carry some powdered drink mix packets in the holster, tucked around/under your water bottle.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:35 AM   #124
becd
Mouseketeer

Instead of Body Glide, I use Save My Feet Blister Elixir. It is expensive (almost $20 a bottle), but honestly one bottle lasts me about a year because you only need a small drop for each foot. It goes on like lotion and you do not feel it or see it (no residue or sticky feeling at all), but it creates an invisible barrier between your feet and your shoes. Could not survive a WDW trip without it! Amazon carries it and I could not recommend it more - I forgot it once and had the crazy thought of, "Well, it feels and looks like lotion so maybe the lotion in the toiletries would do the trick." Let's just say, not even close and I paid the price for that mistake for several days afterwards.
becd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:51 PM   #125
FoursCompany
Earning My Ears

Bandaids for blisters was the best thing I brought to the parks last time. Made walking bearable. I will say that next time I will apply bandaids BEFORE we get blisters to prevent them.
FoursCompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:00 PM   #126
erddig
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaRose
Travel sized pack of Lysol wipes for the room. When we first arrive in hotel rooms, I'm in the habit of wiping the light switches, faucets, doorknobs, phone, TV remote and vanity top. Like to wipe armrests and tray tables on airplanes, too.
Yes!!! I pass them out to the kiddos and they wipe down the airline trays arm rests buckles around their windows, then at hotel, they wipe the room down, and I run all the dishes etc (timeshare) through the dishwasher. It seems like allot but those YouTube videos put me over the edge!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
April 13 HK Disney
Oct '12 anniversary trip with Hubby F&WF; DDD
Apr '12 WDW. and beach; Offsite/Timeshare
Apr '11 WDW and US Offsite/Timeshare
Oct '09 quick trip Offsite/Timeshare
Feb '09 2nd Familiy Reunion SOG
Feb '07 1st family reunion-15 members and growing, offsite/ Time share
Feb '05 offsite/Time share
Feb '02 Fort Wilderness
Feb '01 Fort Wilderness
Aug '73
erddig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:27 PM   #127
#1DopeyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by njziggy View Post
This one might sound weird but a can of Pringles. We use these as a snack in the airport or parks (if it they last that long). After that we re-use the container to keep popcorn, crackers, pretzels and the like. No more crinkly bags in the backpack that open or no crushed snacks that turn into crumbs. Best of all easy to pass around and reseal.
These would also be great for the Animation Class drawings, if you could get it super clean...a paper towel tube is never big enough for us. Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeSapp View Post
I also often bring 2-3 sheets of colored construction paper in it. Then use a sharpie to write a short message on it - we'll ask a character to hold it for a photo and sign it after.
"Happy birthday" to my Niece from Ariel, "Happy 40th Anniversary" to the in-laws from Mickey, etc
LOVE this...thanks for the idea!!
Aug./Sept. 2012 ~ All Star Sports *** February 2008 ~ All Star Sports *** February 2007 ~ Disneyland Hotel
September 2005 ~ Coronado Springs *** February 2005 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge
May 2004 ~ Pop Century *** Dec. 2003 ~ Yacht Club
Jan. 2003 ~ Coronado Springs *** June 2002 ~ Off Site
Jan. 2002 ~ Off Site *** Aug. 2001 ~ All Star Movies
Jan. 1998 ~ Off Site *** Jan. 1995 ~ Off Site
#1DopeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:30 PM   #128
koolcatshelby
Mouseketeer

I always pack a small bottle of wrinkle releaser. This way when I get everyone's outfits ready, I just spray, smooth and let dry. No need for ironing. I'm on vacation
koolcatshelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:12 PM   #129
mullysisters
Mouseketeer

Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoursCompany View Post
Bandaids for blisters was the best thing I brought to the parks last time. Made walking bearable. I will say that next time I will apply bandaids BEFORE we get blisters to prevent them.
Last trip I realized that, if I put the bandaids on BEFORE the blisters they never happened.
Also, something I do but don't have to bring: Take a ziplock bag (well, I bring these) add a wet face cloth from the room and freeze it overnight. In the morning add a slice of lemon from the counter service tea area and you have a lovely, cold hand and face wipe for the parks. You can also add a couple of ice cubes if you want.
Just remember to return the facecloth to your room

May 2014 - AoA solo trip!
Next trip May 6th 2015, CBR First time.
mullysisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:17 AM   #130
becd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullysisters View Post
Last trip I realized that, if I put the bandaids on BEFORE the blisters they never happened.
Also, something I do but don't have to bring: Take a ziplock bag (well, I bring these) add a wet face cloth from the room and freeze it overnight. In the morning add a slice of lemon from the counter service tea area and you have a lovely, cold hand and face wipe for the parks. You can also add a couple of ice cubes if you want.
Just remember to return the facecloth to your room
I promise, a little drop of Save My Feet and no blisters (and no dealing with band aids coming off. And no, I don't work for them just love the product

Talking about band aids made me realize, they are one of my most useful items but for a very different reason. One if my DS-6 twins has sensory integration issues to such an extent that the loud woosh from the auto toilets scares the bejesus out of him and he will refuse to "go." I tried putting my hand over it but that doesn't always work so he doesn't trust it. A band aid works wonders though (and I do take it off once he's out of the stall.)
becd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 02:28 PM   #131
Dasha Hermosilla
Mouseketeer

Thank you to the person that said small knit gloves!!! I added them the day we left last week and they were a lifesaver in the cold down the this last week.
Dasha Hermosilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 04:23 PM   #132
DizFanSLD
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by becd View Post
Talking about band aids made me realize, they are one of my most useful items but for a very different reason. One if my DS-6 twins has sensory integration issues to such an extent that the loud woosh from the auto toilets scares the bejesus out of him and he will refuse to "go." I tried putting my hand over it but that doesn't always work so he doesn't trust it. A band aid works wonders though (and I do take it off once he's out of the stall.)
I have heard other Moms say that the small post-its work well too - and they may be cheaper than using the band-aids. I can sympathize - they make me nearly jump out of my skin too!
Old 01-25-2014, 04:59 PM   #133
AliceandAriel
part of your world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizFanSLD View Post
THIS! I don't know what it is, but the paper straws at Animal Kingdom absolutely make my skin crawl. Some kind of sensory problem I guess, but I just can't stand them. Since I don't want to break the rules by bringing in plastic straws, I brought these last trip and they worked great! No muss, no fuss, just have to remember to pull them out before you toss the drink. It was such a relief!
Wait wait wait- you can't bring in plastic straws?!

[May 2012 Off-Site WBC][May 2013 Off-Site WBC][October 2013 AoA LM][February 2014 AoA LK][October 2014 AKV-Kidani]
AliceandAriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 05:17 PM   #134
Gracie09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceandAriel View Post
Wait wait wait- you can't bring in plastic straws?!
Nope not even on juice boxes. They can cause issues with the animals if they eat them. Also no balloons
Gracie09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 05:45 PM   #135
Carirae
Earning My Ears

I bought a travel charger for my iPhone. It worked for anything that plugged into a USB, so even my brother could use it for his Droid phone and we could use it for our little video camera. It was only a little smaller than a Snickers bar but it charged out devices multiple times each day. I will definitely never go on vacation without it again!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: