Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2014, 01:34 AM   #376
Reizo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
OK read through the whole thread and still have some questions.

1) We are D23 members so we are used to "Disney seminars". Is that what we can expect from the events in the Premier Theater? How early does one need to line up for these events? I saw in 2013 that there was a 12:00 and 1:45 event that sounded the same, are they or should we plan on both? Plus there were more throughout the day, are these things like at D23 conventions that you need to pick and choose and line up for the 6:30 PM one at 12:00 if you want to go and skip everything else, or can you go to the 3:30PM event and still have a hope of getting into the 6:30 one too?

2) There was a 3:30 event Stars of the Saga Talk Show Q&A, was this and the previous shows the same for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday of the same weekend or did they have different shows so that if we saw Friday's, we would want to come back for a different show Saturday and Sunday?

3) What is Hyperspace Hoopla, is it a dance party? I couldn't tell from the description. Is it something that we should attend all three nights that we plan on SWW or just one or at all?

4) We are going to be there for the 3rd weekend and have allotted all three days for the event because we have no idea what to expect. We would like to attend the panels, see the parade and some characters. We are an older couple with no kids and have HA needs. Where is the HA parade viewing location?
I'll let yulilin3 or the others answer your questions because they are more SWW inclined than I am however, since I was still awake at this odd earliness of the morning and just felt inclined to answer #3 for you.

Hyperspace Hoopla really is hard to be explained and should just be seen:

http://youtu.be/GKSp1dVTrYk

But in shortest description, it's a dance off show featuring Star Wars characters dancing off to popular pop songs in a Rebel vs Empire, Jedi vs Sith, Light Side vs Dark side sort of storyline. Some and most hardcore SW fans dislike it but if you're a SW fan like me and just enjoy the fun and humor that's offered and realizing it's for the kids, you'll enjoy it anyway and might even catch yourself having a good time but I wouldn't IMO attend it all 3 evenings. Once you've seen it once, that's good enough The songs change each year and it seems the storyline (if you want to call it that) advances just a bit too with each one.

Last edited by Reizo; 01-24-2014 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Added a bit more information.
Reizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:00 AM   #377
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
I remember reading somewhere
Can you blame me tho?

Looking at my dates, seems like I'll be there the first weekend. Is the first weekend more crowded than the other, or is it pretty consistent? I'm excited either way, it will be my first time going.
RAPstar is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2014, 06:47 AM   #378
yulilin3
Disney Freak

Quote:
OK read through the whole thread and still have some questions.

1) We are D23 members so we are used to "Disney seminars". Is that what we can expect from the events in the Premier Theater? How early does one need to line up for these events? I saw in 2013 that there was a 12:00 and 1:45 event that sounded the same, are they or should we plan on both? Plus there were more throughout the day, are these things like at D23 conventions that you need to pick and choose and line up for the 6:30 PM one at 12:00 if you want to go and skip everything else, or can you go to the 3:30PM event and still have a hope of getting into the 6:30 one too?

2) There was a 3:30 event Stars of the Saga Talk Show Q&A, was this and the previous shows the same for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday of the same weekend or did they have different shows so that if we saw Friday's, we would want to come back for a different show Saturday and Sunday?

3) What is Hyperspace Hoopla, is it a dance party? I couldn't tell from the description. Is it something that we should attend all three nights that we plan on SWW or just one or at all?

4) We are going to be there for the 3rd weekend and have allotted all three days for the event because we have no idea what to expect. We would like to attend the panels, see the parade and some characters. We are an older couple with no kids and have HA needs. Where is the HA parade viewing location?
1.- First of all...no, you don't need to get in line 5 hours before an event to get a seat. The Behind the Force show is the same for 12 and 1:45pm so you can pick whick one you want to go to. The Q&A show is basically the same with the same visiting celebs each weekend, the questions may be different for Fri, Sat. and Sun. but the show stays pretty much the same. I always say to get in line for each of the shows at Premiere Theater an hour before, unless it's visit to the Maul, this one is very popular and people line up a bit earlier (maybe 1 hour and a half before the show) I have gone to all the shows at the Premiere Theater on the same day so it's doable.

2.- Read number 1, again the interactions might be slightly different but it stays pretty much the same.

3.- Someone already answered this one...if you love it you can see it all 3 nights but this show is exactly the same every night (unless it's the last night of the last SWW they have added new surprises on the very last one)

4.-Is HA handicapped? if it is, It's a very small area on Hollywood Blvd. between the Tip Board and the Hat, you'll see it marked. I would recommend arriving early to grab a spot on the shady side (the left side facing the Hat) they have spaces on the left and right but the left side will guarantee the most shade.
yulilin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:52 AM   #379
yulilin3
Disney Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPstar View Post
Looking at my dates, seems like I'll be there the first weekend. Is the first weekend more crowded than the other, or is it pretty consistent? I'm excited either way, it will be my first time going.
All SWW stay pretty consistent, the first weekend you will have more crowds on Friday only for Merchandise. So you might see a huge line forming outside before the park opens that will go straight to the merch. tent on Friday. These are people that buy the collectibles and Limited Edition merch. So the crowds will concentrate around the merch. tent behind Rock n Rollercoaster. If you want to buy stuff that first Friday go after 3pm and you shouldn't have a problem going inside the tent.
In general, Fridays seem to be the least crowded of the 3 days because a lot of locals (like me) have work/school.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:26 AM   #380
BrianL
Doom Buggy Driver

Well, thanks to everyone for helping me out earlier, but due to scheduling issues and concerns about crowds and such for my friend (for whom this is his first trip in 15 years) I've had to take a pass on SWW. I'll be there just a week prior, but it works out for the best cost/scheduling wise. So, enjoy the Force and maybe someday I'll get to check out the SWW. In the meantime, I have a nice, moderate crowds week and can check out the tail end of Flower a& Garden at Epcot, so all is well. Have fun, everybody!

Lifetime WDW Visits: 6 (Plus 1 DL)
When leaving Disney, heed the advice of the Ghost Hostess and...
"Hurry Baaaack! Hurry Baaaack!"
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:57 AM   #381
arielmomma
DIS Veteran

Look like we'll be joining the rest of you for SWW this year! We will be there from 5/16 - 5/27. So we'll be there for 2 weekends! Yes, one of them is Memorial Weekend, but we did Memorial Weekend a few years back and it was definitely doable.

Right now, we are indoctrinating our 6 yo DD into the SW universe by showing her all of the movies. We want to go in costume so thanks to those who posted the links to the pictures. I got some great ideas! When we went last time, my DH and DS went as twin Han Solos while I took DD to the MK. This year, we all get to join in the fun!

DH Me DS10ickeybar: DD7
arielmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:05 PM   #382
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
I remember reading somewhere
Can you blame me tho?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulilin3 View Post
All SWW stay pretty consistent, the first weekend you will have more crowds on Friday only for Merchandise. So you might see a huge line forming outside before the park opens that will go straight to the merch. tent on Friday. These are people that buy the collectibles and Limited Edition merch. So the crowds will concentrate around the merch. tent behind Rock n Rollercoaster. If you want to buy stuff that first Friday go after 3pm and you shouldn't have a problem going inside the tent.
In general, Fridays seem to be the least crowded of the 3 days because a lot of locals (like me) have work/school.
Thanks!
RAPstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:07 PM   #383
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Thanks Reizo and yulilin3 for your answers to my questions! That helps a lot. While the Hyperspace Hoopla looks to be mildly amusing, I think we'll be more inclined to head back to our room or get a nice dinner rather than stay that late. We're much more interested in the informational and character experiences than pop music and tongue in cheek humor.

I'm glad to know that we only need to wait about an hour to see some of the presentations, and it sounds like we can do most of what we want in two days rather than all three. Although if we want to take our time and spread it out over the three days, we could do that too.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:21 PM   #384
yulilin3
Disney Freak

Quote:
Thanks Reizo and yulilin3 for your answers to my questions! That helps a lot. While the Hyperspace Hoopla looks to be mildly amusing, I think we'll be more inclined to head back to our room or get a nice dinner rather than stay that late. We're much more interested in the informational and character experiences than pop music and tongue in cheek humor.

I'm glad to know that we only need to wait about an hour to see some of the presentations, and it sounds like we can do most of what we want in two days rather than all three. Although if we want to take our time and spread it out over the three days, we could do that too.
It's great that you have 3 days planned for SWW, I'm sure you'll be able to do everything you want.
Hoopla is not for everyone, Star Wars purist hate it because they can't imagine Vader dancing or Bobba Fett popping and locking...we love the show and always look forward to see how they top the year before
Old 01-24-2014, 04:25 PM   #385
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-r View Post
This is just IMHO, you know your family better than I do.
But I would go to star wars weekend.
It is only as big a deal as you make it.
Off topic....where did you get a pic with the 3 caballeros?! I love them.
OhioStateBuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:32 PM   #386
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

Anyone else have actors/actresses on their wish list?

I'll do mine (and I'll be realistic).

-Anthony Daniels
-Kenny Baker
-Warwick Davis
-Ray Park

Anyone else?
Old 01-24-2014, 04:40 PM   #387
yulilin3
Disney Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioStateBuckeye View Post
Anyone else have actors/actresses on their wish list?

I'll do mine (and I'll be realistic).

-Anthony Daniels
-Kenny Baker
-Warwick Davis
-Ray Park

Anyone else?
Wow...Kenny Baker would be awesome, not sure if he's well enough to travel over-seas. My kids started getting into the whole autograph thing the last year Kenny Baker came so we didn't get to meet him
As for me, at this point, any of the female actresses. It's been male dominated for the last couple of years.
Matthew Wood is also great, he really takes time talking to everyone and makes everyone feel so special, have met him a couple of times.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:50 PM   #388
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulilin3 View Post
Wow...Kenny Baker would be awesome, not sure if he's well enough to travel over-seas. My kids started getting into the whole autograph thing the last year Kenny Baker came so we didn't get to meet him
As for me, at this point, any of the female actresses. It's been male dominated for the last couple of years.
Matthew Wood is also great, he really takes time talking to everyone and makes everyone feel so special, have met him a couple of times.
Really I could kick myself about Kenny Baker. He was at both SW conventions I attended, but he always had a huge autograph line so I never waited. Stupid.

I got Peter Mayhew, Ray Park, Jeremy Bulloch, David Prowse...and geez, I forget who all else. Oh yeah, Warwick Davis and I got a pic with him. But I'd love to see him again.

I'm trying to think of which women there are who even go...I am having trouble remembering actress names and spelling, so I'll list characters....young Aunt Beru, Oola, the actress they hired to portray Mara Jade from the books and Aura Sing.

I was never into the second Clone Wars cartoon, so I don't know any of those women voice actors.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:11 PM   #389
yulilin3
Disney Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioStateBuckeye View Post
Really I could kick myself about Kenny Baker. He was at both SW conventions I attended, but he always had a huge autograph line so I never waited. Stupid.

I got Peter Mayhew, Ray Park, Jeremy Bulloch, David Prowse...and geez, I forget who all else. Oh yeah, Warwick Davis and I got a pic with him. But I'd love to see him again.

I'm trying to think of which women there are who even go...I am having trouble remembering actress names and spelling, so I'll list characters....young Aunt Beru, Oola, the actress they hired to portray Mara Jade from the books and Aura Sing.

I was never into the second Clone Wars cartoon, so I don't know any of those women voice actors.
These are the actresses that have come: Michonne Bourriague(Aurra Sing), Amy Allen(Jedi Knight Aayla Secura), Orli Shoshan (Shaak Ti), Bonnie Piesse (Beru Skywalker).
For the Clone Wars cartoon: Ashley Eckstein (voice of Ahsoka Tano), Nika Futterman (voice of Asajj Ventress), Catherine Taber (voice of Padme Amidala).
The last time a female actress came was 2012 and that was from the Clone Wars cartoon.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:43 PM   #390
CadenZanesMom
Earning My Ears

Thanks Delmar!!

CadenZanesMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: