Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2014, 10:34 AM   #1
DLtoDW
Earning My Ears

College Spring break a factor?

Hello, this is my very first post on disboards. Sooo..I apologize in advance if I am not posting this question in the right place. I am planning my family's second trip to WDW. I am 20 weeks pregnant with our 4th child, so we only have a few months to squeeze this trip in before the baby comes! We had looked a few weeks. The one week we are leaning towards (The w/o March 16-20) seems to have VERY few elementary schools around the country on Spring Break but a lot of colleges are off this week. So my question is- is WDW a big college spring break destination? My kids are young (4, 3, 21 months) so we'd probably be in different areas of all the parks as college kids, but just wondering if anyone has experience during college spring break? Hope I'm not rambling...thanks!
DLtoDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:40 AM   #2
disneynewbee
DIS Veteran

That's the same week my daughter is out, I would love to know too. We had to go without her last time because her schedule is just too hard to work with, she may never forgive me if I do it again LOL.

10/2004 ASMo, 11/2006 POP, 10/2009 POP, 11/2012 POP
disneynewbee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2014, 09:54 PM   #3
wendybeth75
DIS Veteran

Easy wdw has crowds at a 7 that week (10 is the most crowded with 1 being the least crowded). The crowd calendar at easywdw will not only give you the predicted congestion, but will give you the best park(least crowded) to visit on each day and will explain why. It really is a great trip planning resource when traveling during a crowded time. Touring plans.com has one as well. Sometimes the information differs and there is debate on here often about which is best.

July 2000 Off Property,Oct 2003 All Star sports, Apr 2011 POR, Sept 2011 POR, Oct 2012 BC, Dec 2012 POR, Oct 2013 POLY, Dec 2013 weekend Caribe Royale, Apr 2014 AKL/WL-CL June 2014 POR

wendybeth75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:21 PM   #4
MeanestMomEver
Oh Boy!

My husband is a college professor so we have gone during college spring break weeks a few times. It's crowded but not horrible. In my opinion, it's not really a college destination but lots of communities do have earlier school spring breaks. This is true of many college towns, for example.

The weather is wonderful...usually in the 70's to low 80's during the day with only a light jacket needed in the early morning or evening hours.

I hate the heat and humidity so for me, it's great.

1975 DL, Grandma's House in Van Nuys
1985 WDW sorta-honeymoon, off site
1991 WDW offsite
2003 Contemporary
2008 Shades of Green
2010 Yacht Club
2014 Contemporary (March)
2014 Coronado Springs (June)
2014 Port Orleans French Quarter (September)
MeanestMomEver is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: