Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2014, 08:09 AM   #61
RicJ
Earning My Ears

If there is any common sense to be applied it will be Unlimited FP+ for $100 a person per day - all parks.

Something they can do thanks to the magic band.

It will be a variation on the Park Hopper with Disney Dinning rationale. Not everybody will see value in it and will skip it. Others will think it's a great advantage.

know why? Because a family with 2 small children doing a short trip is much likely to shell out a bit extra to make their days at disney have a better pace. For them, paying extra could be the right option to make the most of a short getaway.

Some will prefer to convert that value in more days at the park and just take lines though... that's fine too.

Because if EVERYBODY has fastpasses than it's no longer FAST.

But you can add value to staying on site
and you can get extra cash from families on short trips
and you can book your hotels for longer for those who convert to longer stays
and that might push a couple of people into DVC
and that may spread visitors a bit better through the year

And you still have your 3 FP per person per day free. that's not going away.

So.... yeah, i can understand the idea behind it.
RicJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:30 AM   #62
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

~Hmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyman8 View Post
Yet another FP+ thread, but I just got it on very, very, very, very, very good authority that Disney will begin testing additional FP+s as benefits to Disney Guests and for purchase no later than year's end but probably much, much sooner if the final rollout goes according to plan at DHS and Epcot.

Supposedly, select guests would be given the option to purchase additional FP+s (no maximum set yet) for $9.99 for tier two attractions at DHS and Epcot and $14.99 for tier one and MK/DAK attractions (unless they put tiers on those which is still yet to be decided). This price is obviously per person per ride. Now, still only one FP+ can be obtained for any attraction, so one cannot use a purchased FP+ for an attraction that they already have FP+ on that day. They're looking to incorporate the resorts in to this "somehow" once they start allowing offsiters to book their FP+s in advance.

Of course, Disney has stated that they will "not charge for FastPass+" but if you think about their language, you realize that they really could be saying that the first three FP+s are free for all but for more, you'll have to pay or stay at a Disney Hotel.

While this has been floating around for a while and is still classified as a "rumor" (not been confirmed by Disney), it seems very real and should be coming sooner rather than later. Thoughts?
~I just read the first post -- but I really don't believe this. And, $9.99 for some rides at some parks and $14.99 for other rides at other parks - I just can't see it. With that said, I remember saying a while back that I wouldn't mind if Disney chose to monetize fastpasses. So, we'll see.

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2014, 09:00 AM   #63
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

A personal concern...but I wonder what they do if they start using fastpass as enticements to book rooms in regards to DVC?

It never made any sense to include DVC in dining promotions...but fastpass?

Screw with OKW on this and it won't go over well at all
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:48 AM   #64
mvk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silock View Post
Mine Train hasn't actually opened yet. At this rate, it may be 2015. Dumbo and Barnstormer . . . that's really stretching it to call them updated and enhanced.
Dumbo has doubled capacity and added a new queue so you're not waiting for 45 minutes outside. Dumbo was always one of the more popular rides in Magic Kingdom, so this is a definite enhancement.

Quote:
These things pale in comparison to what Universal is adding to the WWoHP.
Actually, it is pretty much in-line with what Universal did with Dragon Challenge and Flight of the Hippogriff.

Quote:
Which won't open for 4 years.
Three, but its always nice to twist the facts to support your opinion. Diagon Alley will have taken about 2-1/2 years by the time it opens. Jaws closed January 2012, construction started immediately. It will open sometime in the summer 2014. It will have one ride, a transit system to take you to another park, and several shops and restaurants.

Quote:
It may not be that less is happening, but it's not the number of parks that's the problem -- it's that Universal is doing the same amount in about half the time that Disney is. Disney is just SLOW. If they would just speed up the timetable, people would stop complaining.
I'd rather they take their time and get it done right, and look great, than worry about them doing it quickly.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:07 AM   #65
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Mine Train hasn't actually opened yet. At this rate, it may be 2015. Dumbo and Barnstormer . . . that's really stretching it to call them updated and enhanced.

These things pale in comparison to what Universal is adding to the WWoHP.

Which won't open for 4 years.

Except that they somehow managed to make Test Track WORSE. Star Tours is a lot better, though.

It may not be that less is happening, but it's not the number of parks that's the problem -- it's that Universal is doing the same amount in about half the time that Disney is. Disney is just SLOW. If they would just speed up the timetable, people would stop complaining.
Or there is this:

Quote:
Construction for Disneyland began on July 21, 1954, a meager 12 months before the park was scheduled to open.
oh, and this:
Quote:
5/1979 is when construction started to build Epcot

10/1982 is the opening date for Epcot
So, it took 2.5 years to build EPCOT Center, or less time than the Mine Train.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:13 AM   #66
belle1528
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugov2 View Post
I still think that the old system was far superior...and free, but I just can't see being at MK during the summer or any other busy time and enjoy it with 3 FP. If I am going to spend money to get in the park I am glad to at least be able to buy them vs not.
I COMPLETELY agree with you!!! There was. Nothing wrong with fast pass the way it was! In my 3 recent trips, we never had an issue, got to ride everything we wanted to and never waited in a standby line longer than maybe 40 min? 2 of those trips were weeks MK had been closing due to maximum capacity. If these costs keep going up, there is going to be absolutely no way we can afford trips there anymore :/
Old 01-20-2014, 10:18 AM   #67
mvk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post

So, it took 2.5 years to build EPCOT Center, or less time than the Mine Train.
Were there 17 million people (An average of about 50,000 per day) walking around the area they were building EPCOT Center?
Old 01-20-2014, 10:42 AM   #68
jerivera
Mouseketeer

I highly doubt this one...

I can see them giving additional FP+ to Disney resort guests. That would be a good benefit to those staying in property.

But charging for each FP+? Nope. I think your very highly placed source is yanking your chain on this one.

jerivera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:43 AM   #69
GOOFY D
DIS Veteran

Hopefully just a bad rumor. Otherwise, it has that "slimy" feel of a money grab. If that is the case, Disney would lose that special feel. I am not excited about the changes at Disney lately.

1988 - Polynesian * 1995 - Carribean Beach * 1996 - All Star Sports * 1997 - Candy Cane (Disneyland) * 1998 - All Star Music * 1999 - Contemporary * 1999 - Contemporary * 2000 - Disney Wonder /Coronado Springs * 2000 - All Star Sports * 2001 - Disney Magic (Eastern) * 2002 - Disney Magic (Western) * 2003 - All Star Movies * 2004 - Disney Magic (Eastern-San Juan) * 2006 - Contemporary * 2006 - Coronado Springs * 2007 - All Star Sports/Animal Kingdom Lodge * 2008 - All Star Sports * 2009 - Disney Magic (Western) * 2009 - All Star Movies * 2010 - Disney Magic (Eastern) * 2011 - All Star Sports * 2012 - Disney Fantasy (Western) * 2013 - Animal Kingdom Villas-Kidani * 2013 - Bay Lake Tower * 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
GOOFY D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:47 AM   #70
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

If this is true, it makes perfect sense to me in terms of price. It makes the price of a moderate hotel room look like a bargain. It makes a value look even better.

If this is true, then tiering by resort level is coming.

If this is true, the ability to buy one night and get prebooking FP+ access for the length of your ticket is just a loophole and will be closed. Prebooking FP+ access will be strictly tied to length of resort stay.
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:54 AM   #71
Silock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvk View Post
Actually, it is pretty much in-line with what Universal did with Dragon Challenge and Flight of the Hippogriff.
I said adding TO WWoHP. But if you want to compare, Forbidden Journey blows away anything in New Fantasyland.

Quote:
Three, but its always nice to twist the facts to support your opinion.
2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017. Announced in late 2013, opening in 2017, looks like 4 years to me.

Quote:
Diagon Alley will have taken about 2-1/2 years by the time it opens. Jaws closed January 2012, construction started immediately. It will open sometime in the summer 2014. It will have one ride, a transit system to take you to another park, and several shops and restaurants.
So, half the time, roughly.
Silock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:56 AM   #72
Silock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvk View Post
Were there 17 million people (An average of about 50,000 per day) walking around the area they were building EPCOT Center?
Construction walls make this a non issue. It's not as though guests are maneuvering strollers around bulldozers.
Silock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:59 AM   #73
mvk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I said adding TO WWoHP. But if you want to compare, Forbidden Journey blows away anything in New Fantasyland.

2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017. Announced in late 2013, opening in 2017, looks like 4 years to me.

So, half the time, roughly.
HaHaHa.... so we're going by announced date now? They began construction in 2014.

By the way, the Diagon Alley project was announced in 2011, so by your methodology, it's still about a half year difference.

OMG!!!! UNIVERSAL IS SOOO SLOW!!!!
Old 01-20-2014, 11:04 AM   #74
mvk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Construction walls make this a non issue. It's not as though guests are maneuvering strollers around bulldozers.
Construction walls also limit the area where they can actually work, and how much equipment they can have in the area. If there was nobody in the surrounding area, they would be able to complete the thing much quicker.

They're building an attraction that is about 300' by 150' with no perimeter due to construction walls. And are surrounded by thousands upon thousands of guests.

Yep, a non issue.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:12 AM   #75
Disneychick75
DIS Veteran

Why the Universal/Disney comparisons? Both are fantastic. One is not necessarily better than the other except in the eye of the beholder. Both make me and thousands of others happy.
Disneychick75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: