Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2014, 11:33 AM   #1
Scooby2002
Earning My Ears

Aritst point

We will be in Disney December 9th and that night exactly will be our 3 year anniversary, The first trip I ever went to Disney we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge and ate at the Artist Point, and that was in 2007 we have not ate there since on our trips and I was wondering in your opinion do you feel this restraunt has changed over the past seven years?
2007 FIRST TRIP!! Wildreness Lodge ; 2008 POR riverside ; 2010 Fort Wilderness campsites ; 2011 POP Century free dining ; 2013 Fort Wilderness campsites for Christmas ; 2014 fort Wilderness for Christmas ; 2015 POP Century ( hopefully)

Scooby2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:36 PM   #2
TheRustyScupper
GKTW coordinator. Kiwanis and SCORE Volunteer. Make-A-Wish board. Average Banjo Picker. Pretty good sailing captain.

1) The atmosphere hasn't changed at all.
2) However the food is HIGHLY improved.
3) AP used to be on are A-List, then it fell off due to poor quality.
4) Three years ago, there was a major effort to upgrade food/service.
5) Now, it is just one of the five TS eateries we patronize at WDW!

Our Ratings of Artist Point: (*rev 1/21/2014*)
. . . food price value: B
. . . food quality: B
. . . food quantity per serving: B
. . . food prep speed: C
. . . food selection: B
. . . seating quantity: B
. . . seating comfort: A
. . . eatery atmosphere: B
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: A
. . . staff attentiveness: B
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE1: Artist Point has lately made several changes to revive the old quality of the food
and service, and regained the reputation of the past. It has now replaced Monsiuer Paul on
our TS list, and we only eat at five of them. If you eat there, get a window table. The view
of courtyard and lake are grand and romantic at sunset and after dark. Buffalo and chicken
were VERY good and worth all the talk. (Just make sure they cook buffalo rare or med-rare.
Any more, send it back! It will be tough and tasteless!)

NOTE2: As with eateries, they do some things better than others. In that light, skip the
Prawn/Crab Pot and skip the Scallops. They are basically average and not worth the time
or expense. The carpaccio is subpar without enough fat marbling to make it taste as good
as Beef Carpaccio. The filet and the lasagna are good, but pedestrian, so also skip those.
The other side of the scale has the tasty King Salmon. For a heavenly treat, do the highly
prized Copper River Salmon which available only during mid-May to early-June, with a side
of Mushroom Soup.
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2014, 12:56 PM   #3
WDWFANCBIIIME
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby2002 View Post
We will be in Disney December 9th and that night exactly will be our 3 year anniversary, The first trip I ever went to Disney we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge and ate at the Artist Point, and that was in 2007 we have not ate there since on our trips and I was wondering in your opinion do you feel this restraunt has changed over the past seven years?
Artist Point is a pretty good restaurant! I would say for me it ranks about 10 out of all of the WDW restaurants!

Service is Very good
Atmosphere is really lacking for me... Its alright not changed so if you liked it in 07 you'd like it now if you didn't then you won't haha

Food is pretty good:

Portobello Soup is phenomenal truly outstanding!
Filet is above average not great but not bad
Cobbler is very good I enjoyed it quite a bit

Good Luck and I hope you enjoy it!

WDWFANCBIIIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 02:03 PM   #4
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby2002 View Post
We went to Artist Point for the first time in December 2010 so I can't compare it to other years, but we loved it. The atmosphere was great and the food was amazing. We had the filet and salmon and both were awesome. Artist Point is now one of our favorites and we can't wait to go back.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:57 AM   #5
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

As Rusty said, AP had some quality issues a few years ago, but they seem to have taken strides to remedy those drawbacks. Part of our issue with AP came when they attempted to meld Asian-fusion style dishes and sides with their traditional Northwest menu, and it simply didn't work. That experiment has disappeared, and once again they seem to be focusing on the foods that helped build their reputation in the first place. Service was an issue for a time, too, as we experienced two bad services out of three relatively back-to-back-to-back visits. For our last three visits, however, the service has been more up to the standard AP for which was once universally touted. As for the ambience, it's one of our favorite places to dine with its panoramic windows, lovely murals, and the inviting decor. Further, once finished dining, WL is a wonderfully romantic resort around which to stroll and soak up the sights, sounds, and smells. Go and enjoy!

sleepydog25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: