Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2014, 05:23 AM   #16
rebeccam31
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown1442 View Post
I guess it seems a little "out there" perhaps. We aren't picky eaters but I can't say I've ever eaten a quail egg before! I am a little worried about what my 11 year will order when I am not 100% what I would order. He's a great eater but still the menu might be more adventurous then his palate.

We have really enjoyed many of the other Disney signatures. I guess I am a little intimidated by the menu perhaps. This one was my mothers pick (they are meeting us for 2 days of our trip). Hopefully we'll be pleasantly surprised.
In case it will reassure you, I have an 11-year-old who is a decent eater, but not the most adventurous (Jiko was definitely across the line for her ). Artist Point was her very favorite restaurant of our December trip. She has requested that we ALWAYS go there. I have to say, I loved it as well. Plus we had a truly excellent server.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:42 AM   #17
baldy6060
Mouseketeer

Of all my posts, a majority are probably me recommending AP. While I thought the mushroom soup was only okay (and don't order the "cannoli") everything else is a 10! The swordfish, salmon (and I hate all other salmon), cobbler...last time I told our server if I had a last meal I would want the pork belly appetizer (drool), the scallops, and the cobbler and I'd want him to serve it to me. Of all the places I've eaten anywhere, ever, my 2 experiences rate 1st and 3rd. Just excellent!
baldy6060 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2014, 06:08 AM   #18
LumosQ102
How many days left on the countdown?

Artist Point is a wonderful restaurant, with some fantastic cocktails too (I highly recommend the Washington Apple), but if you don't feel like the full on restaurant whilst you're visiting the Lodge the bar is just wonderful - Territory Lounge.

They do a range of snacks that for me are portion enough for a good evening meal. When we were last there in November they had truffle fries that were just delicious and went with the heavenly fondu perfectly... or just stop by for a pre / post dinner cocktail (they make all the AP drinks, so you can order that Washington Apple here too). Its one of my favourite places in my favourite resort.

LumosQ102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 01:27 PM   #19
MinnieGirl33
Hockey Mom to 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TipsyTraveler View Post
I sat motionless, my eyes welling with tears, staring into the empty abyss of where my Portobello Mushroom Soup had once lapped the edges of the bowl. My eyes darted frantically around the stark-white room to see who might witness my decent into weakness, while inside my soul a battle raged on between my heart's desires and my mind's recollections of all those Miss Manners columns I'd read in my youth. One question nagged at the very fiber of my being: Was it okay to lick the bowl?

........Exaggeration? Not really.

Yeah... been there... that soup is almost a religious experience

MinnieGirl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:27 PM   #20
TipsyTraveler
Mouseketeer

LumosQ102 -- A Washington Apple is just Crown Royal, Sour Apple Liqueur, and cranberry juice. No need to hold out for Disney, you can make them at home (or order them at any restaurant).
TipsyTraveler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:40 PM   #21
spodie
Mouseketeer

I enjoyed it. I'm not really the fancy eating-type, but the bison that I had when I went was very good. The flavors of everything on the plate just worked together so well.

In my opinion, the desserts are really nothing to write home about, but that's not why I choose restaurants anyway
Old 01-18-2014, 05:17 PM   #22
LumosQ102
How many days left on the countdown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TipsyTraveler View Post
LumosQ102 -- A Washington Apple is just Crown Royal, Sour Apple Liqueur, and cranberry juice. No need to hold out for Disney, you can make them at home (or order them at any restaurant).
Thank you very much Its not one we've come across before (must not have made it over the pond, we certainly like to experiment with our cocktails...), but delighted we can recreate at home. Yum.

LumosQ102 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: