Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2014, 06:13 PM   #16
wendydarling33
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyshakeygirl View Post
Food poisoning takes a good 2 to 3 hours before you feel something, anything at all.
That makes me feel better - I'd hate to think a Disney restaurant would cause something like that. Now to convince DH!
wendydarling33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:56 PM   #17
itchin2go
DIS Veteran

Never had a really good meal at Jiko. Appetizers have been good, entrees not so much. It's a beautiful place, but the food always manages to disappoint.

For signatures, our favorites are Flying Fish and California Grill.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2014, 12:17 AM   #18
TipsyTraveler
Mouseketeer

I'm sorry to hear the OP and others didn't enjoy it. Jiko is my favorite restaurant on property so I'm always disappointed to hear from others who didn't have good experiences.

I've definitely dealt with the salt issue before at a number of the Signature Restaurants, most notably Victoria & Alberts. (And I'm the kind of person to put salt on salt, so it's not like I'm sensitive to it. Seriously, I used to chew on salt packets as a kid.) My brother-in-law is the culinary type who has worked in kitchens and he has a "salt theory": The longer a person is a chef, the more immune they become to the taste of salt because they are tasting seasonings all day, every day. BIL said every chef he worked with would taste something and then declare, "Needs more salt!". All the while he was thinking, "Are you kidding? It's already over-salted". Is there any truth to that? I have no idea. But it did help me be a little more forgiving about my V&A meal.

I agree with others, that wasn't food poisoning. Been there, done that -- it doesn't come on that quickly and it would last much longer and be much more severe. It does sound like generalized GI upset though, probably brought on by eating something his body wasn't used to.

This became much more long-winded than I intended, so here's the last thing I'll say: My one and only Narcoossee's experience was so awful I swore I'd never waste my time with that place again. Yet lots of people rave about it and say it's their favorite Signature. Most likely my experience was the exception to the rule and I find myself thinking I should give it another shot someday. (I will, but it's gonna be a while. ) When you're up for it, give Jiko another chance. It might surprise you.
TipsyTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:02 AM   #19
Sugardimples
DIS Veteran

I'm not sure what was so terrible here. The server was polite but not"warm"? The OP didn't like a side and it was replaced with a different one? Really don't see anything here even worth talking about.
Sugardimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 06:40 PM   #20
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

Sorry to hear it wasn't a great experience. Two years ago I finally got my DW and DD (VERY picky eaters) to agree to give it a try. We all loved it, and are planning a return there very soon.
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:57 PM   #21
disneyshakeygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendydarling33 View Post
That makes me feel better - I'd hate to think a Disney restaurant would cause something like that. Now to convince DH!
How are things going now? Is your DH convinced now?
disneyshakeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: