Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2014, 01:15 PM   #1
Princess Michele
Earning My Ears

CRT Questions

I thought I had my dining plans all set to make my ADRs next week and then yesterday my DS7 said he wanted to eat in Cinderella's Castle. He has never eaten at CRT and really enjoyed all of the attention he received from the Princesses on our last trip in Nov. 2012. I have two questions which I am trying to find answers for. My problem is with my DS12. He is a very picky eater and I don't think there is anything on any of the adult menus which he will eat.

1. I know I will still have to pay the adult price but would he be able to order the french toast sticks or chicken nuggets from the kid's menus?

2. Does anyone know if they can order the stuffed french toast as just plain french toast without the cream cheese and apples?

I think breakfast has the best menu choices for my family but I hate to have the pre-park opening ADR because our MK day will be very long and we are not morning people. My other choice will be dinner but the price for 6 will be more and I don't know that everyone will be able to find something they like.

Thank you for your help.

Princess Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:01 PM   #2
Karbase8
DIS Veteran

I have never eaten during breakfast, but took my DS11 and he is a picky eater, they brought out the meal and he didn't eat so the waitress allowed him to order chicken fingers and he was satisfied with that, so they are accodomating just ask for dinner! I am not sure about breakfast, but I would think they would be willing to work with you!
Karbase8 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2014, 06:40 PM   #3
cigar95
DIS weakest link

I just had breakfast at CRT on Monday, and I can tell you that the "French Toast" doesn't look like French Toast as we think of it, with some other things added. It's almost like a small pie. So it isn't something for which it could be made to look more familiar by leaving off some ingredients.

Aside - seconds are absolutely still available, though they are not advertised, and not offered, in general. If you ask, you will receive. I added a plate of the yogurt and granola, plus a couple links of sausage, to my first order. The rumors about one plate of food aren't accurate.

While I liked the meal, after having about eight meals there since 2001, I may be done there, at least for a few years. There are just too many other places with good table service breakfasts. The castle is beautiful, and flirting with the princesses is fun, but maybe I'll hold off until I hit one of those milestone birthdays in 2019.
cigar95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:54 PM   #4
AliceandAriel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigar95 View Post
I just had breakfast at CRT on Monday, and I can tell you that the "French Toast" doesn't look like French Toast as we think of it, with some other things added. It's almost like a small pie. So it isn't something for which it could be made to look more familiar by leaving off some ingredients. Aside - seconds are absolutely still available, though they are not advertised, and not offered, in general. If you ask, you will receive. I added a plate of the yogurt and granola, plus a couple links of sausage, to my first order. The rumors about one plate of food aren't accurate. While I liked the meal, after having about eight meals there since 2001, I may be done there, at least for a few years. There are just too many other places with good table service breakfasts. The castle is beautiful, and flirting with the princesses is fun, but maybe I'll hold off until I hit one of those milestone birthdays in 2019.
Sorry to thread-steal, but can I ask a question? If say, you order the French Toast for breakfast, can I ask for a side plate of scrambled eggs? Is this an extra charge, or will they say yes/no?

[May 2012 Off-Site WBC][May 2013 Off-Site WBC][October 2013 AoA LM][February 2014 AoA LK][October 2014 AKV-Kidani]
AliceandAriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:46 PM   #5
cigar95
DIS weakest link

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceandAriel View Post
Sorry to thread-steal, but can I ask a question? If say, you order the French Toast for breakfast, can I ask for a side plate of scrambled eggs? Is this an extra charge, or will they say yes/no?
If scrambled eggs are on the menu as part of one of the other choices, then yes, you can get them. There will be no extra charge - I don't think anything at CRT (for breakfast) has an upcharge.
cigar95 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: