Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2014, 10:27 AM   #1
Liisa1965
Earning My Ears

Recent reviews for Garden Grill

We've been wanting to go here for years and will finally go on our upcoming visit. I always read the character interaction was great. We're big Chip and Dale fans, so I hope that is true! Any recent reviews? Does the dessert change seasonally? We will be going in May.
Liisa1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:21 AM   #2
mulan1123
Mouseketeer

The food was great! We had this cupcake cone and a berry tart/souffle type dessert which I found better than the cupcake cone.

I went in November.
mulan1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2014, 11:34 AM   #3
Dislover1991
DIS Veteran

We went in mid December as part of the Candlelight Processional Package.

We thought character interaction was average- some of the characters visited twice, others didn't. Actually, Chip just walked past us & waved (he didn't come over at all). Not sure if that's because we were 3 adults or not But my camera was out and ready so he should have seen that I wanted a photo.

The food was great. We requested about 3 platters and cleaned them up quite quickly. I'd say it was our favorite dinner the entire trip.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:14 PM   #4
Liisa1965
Earning My Ears

Thanks to both of you! Great to know the food will be good. Just hoping for plenty of character interaction!
Old 01-16-2014, 06:27 PM   #5
darbry
Mouseketeer

We went early December and loved it. Food was great. Chip and dale visited us twice and we had to wave them around the third time! Lol
Old 01-17-2014, 10:29 AM   #6
Woodmnky
DIS Veteran

We went during the first week in December. Food is so subjective so you can certainly take my thoughts with a grain of salt.

The beef & mashed potatoes were excellent. The turkey was somewhat dry & bland. The tilapia was OK, but was also lacking in flavor. The rolls were good, but could have been a bit warmer/softer. The salad was good, but again I found it to be a bit bland (I generally use more flavorful dressing than ranch). The dessert was pretty good, but I would have appreciated it more with ice cream rather than whipped cream. The mac & cheese that came with the kids meal was great.

The characters were wonderful. We saw Mickey & Pluto twice and were only there for an hour.

DH loved the meal and feels that it was the best of our trip, so again food is very subjective.

Obviously DS loved it (even though he only ate salad & rolls)

Woodmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:26 PM   #7
TheRustyScupper
GKTW coordinator. Kiwanis and SCORE Volunteer. Make-A-Wish board. Average Banjo Picker. Pretty good sailing captain.

Our Ratings of Garden Grill: (*rev 01/6/13*)
. . . food price value: B
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: A
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: B
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: C
. . . character interaction: B

NOTE1: The eatery revolves within The Land pavilion and portions of spin include farm
scenes from the boat ride. The food is plentiful, but quality merely average. You pay for
the characters and not the food or food quality. Food is served family style and there is
always more, as it is All You Care To Enjoy. Characters include Mickey, Pluto, Chip-n-Dale.

NOTE2: The lower deck tables have one-side seats which can make talking among the
table diners tough, especially if you have six-to-eight people, which takes about 12-feet
in linear distance. This means that you cannot easily stand to interact with characters.
The upper has standard tables that seat people facing each other and you can stand and
interact. I recommend upper tier for characters; lower for viewing the river-ride scenery.
There is little chance of motion sickness, asa the eatery moves so slowly. If you do have
a concern, the upper level happens rarely.
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:07 AM   #8
Liisa1965
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the great info, everyone! This is so helpful!

Woodmnky, that pic of your son with Pluto is adorable! Wish my kids were still little!
Old 01-18-2014, 07:56 AM   #9
TeamH5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liisa1965 View Post
Thanks to both of you! Great to know the food will be good. Just hoping for plenty of character interaction!
We have pictures of our kids coloring with chip n dale. They SAT DOWN at our table and started coloring with the kids! of all the character interactions we had, this place was probably the best.

Food I don't remember we were having to good a time with the characters but it seems the beef and the fish were pretty decent. But then again I think all Disney's food is top not has we don't really eat out at really any places very often and I'd compare Disney's food (aside from quick service snacks) to a pretty high end restaurant.
DH ME DD-6 DD-6 DS-5 & #4 on the way sometime late April 2014

Disney newbies:
Lived the Dream January 2012
WDW AoA August 2013
Waitin for the Magic WBTA Sept 2014
TeamH5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:01 AM   #10
Woodmnky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liisa1965 View Post
Thanks for all the great info, everyone! This is so helpful!

Woodmnky, that pic of your son with Pluto is adorable! Wish my kids were still little!
Thank you. He was over the moon to get to meet Chip & Dale (both of which are referred to as Chip & Dale). I know that he would love to go back next time but since we are on on the DP I have to choose between Garden Grill and Hollywood & Vine and he loves Doc, Sophia, and Jake.
Woodmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:03 AM   #11
rymahoney
Mouseketeer

Excellent food! Ate there Monday. Character interaction was also one of the best.
rymahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 05:15 PM   #12
stormer
DIS Veteran

One of our favorite places. The food has always been wonderful when we have gone. The characters are great!
October 1994 Port Orleans / October 1996 Caribbean Beach Resort / October 1999 Off site / October 2004 Contemporary Resort / October 2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge / August 2007 Port Orleans Riverside / April 2008 Saratoga Springs Villas & Wilderness Lodge Villas/ October 2008 Old Key West / February 2009 Polynesian Resort / August 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ February 2010 Carribbean Beach Resort / August 2010 Bay Lake Tower / February 2011 Grand Floridian and Beach Club Villas / August 2011 Boardwalk Villas / August 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ February 2013 Coronado Springs / August 2013 Boardwalk Villas / February 2014 Coronado Springs
stormer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: