Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2014, 01:52 AM   #31
PixieDustandEeyore
DIS Veteran

Cant wait to hear more!
PixieDustandEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:23 AM   #32
DisneyZell
Likes Adventures on the High Seas

Ahhh...I can already taste the bacon and I'm 2 months away. Nice job so far Wally... Looking forward to more!
DisneyZell is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2014, 06:50 AM   #33
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

Syrup dipped bacon where have you been all my life?? I actually had permission to give it a try for this meal and it was a sweet, crispy sensation beyond description, atleast using family friendly Disney words that are allowed on disboards. I would have this wonderful new discovery several more times on vacation, but the wife doesn't know about how many times. Her words..."A heart attack waiting to happen."

This is a picture of the tree that was in the food court. It must have been taken before breakfast as the shirt seems free of syrup stains.

Well the rest of our group dragged themselves down after Kiyomi and I had already finished eating. They must not have gotten the call from the Undertaker.

Today our little group would be heading to Animal kingdom. The bus ride over wasn't very crowded so we hoped that this would be a sign of less crowds. After all it was a Saturday, but overall the park wasn't that bad for the first half of the day. I don't want to get ahead of myself though.
Off the bus and a quick stop in front of the Animal Kingdom sign for a picture.

We headed for the ticket window to pick up the other members of our groups tickets. As some of you may know Disney sent me four 4 day park hopper complimentary passes for the incidents that had happened back in 2007. Part of which (attacked by gorillas) had happened in this very park.
If you don't know then you didn't read my last trip report and I have one question.....why not?
Anyhow....ends we had to turn in our ticket voucher for an actual ticket also. I got Donald on mine....In fact all the men in our group got Donald. The ladies got Minnie and Mickey. Maki had chosen her characters. I wish i had known that was an option. Of course I would have chosen Goofy. So when you get your ticket(card) know you have that option. Although most tickets will soon be linked to that Mickey bracelet thing. I'm still not going to weigh in on that, but I will tell you how the new system effected this day,,,, BUt not yet.

Join THE DIS DAD'S CLUB Here![/QUOTE]
tokyodisneydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:56 AM   #34
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyZell View Post
Ahhh...I can already taste the bacon and I'm 2 months away. Nice job so far Wally... Looking forward to more!
We must have posted at the same time. Everyone meet my bacon benefactor.
Great minds think alike after all.

Old 01-17-2014, 10:58 AM   #35
DisneyZell

Ah bacon...bacon....bacon. I'd quote from what you just wrote but I'm on the app and not sure how to do that. Loved the comment about your shirt not having syrup stains yet. Lol!!!

Funny thing about bacon... When not in vacation I do not have it very often. Something about vacation, bacon and syrup that just makes everything right.

And I don't remember the gorilla attack... And know I read your old report. I'll have to go back and investigate. Or you could help a lazy brother out and just retell it!

Anyway. ..keep it up!

DZ
Old 01-17-2014, 05:35 PM   #36
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
Someone needs to pretend we've got a clue
Chocolate is a girls heaven

Joining in.

Grumpy's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:30 PM   #37
TXDisGurl
Earning My Ears

I'm on board!

TXDisGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:25 PM   #38
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyZell View Post
Ah bacon...bacon....bacon. I'd quote from what you just wrote but I'm on the app and not sure how to do that. Loved the comment about your shirt not having syrup stains yet. Lol!!!

Funny thing about bacon... When not in vacation I do not have it very often. Something about vacation, bacon and syrup that just makes everything right.

And I don't remember the gorilla attack... And know I read your old report. I'll have to go back and investigate. Or you could help a lazy brother out and just retell it!

Anyway. ..keep it up!

DZ
When I read this I was like... Would Drew retell the story or make me go back and reread... Well we know the answer to that. So get to rereading buddy. I will shake ur memory a bit though. It happened in the Nemo show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
Joining in.
Welcome aboard... I know you

Old 01-17-2014, 08:47 PM   #39
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXDisGurl View Post
I'm on board!
Hi and glad u joined in

Old 01-17-2014, 11:42 PM   #40
dededisney
Mouseketeer

I read your old report too and don't quite remember the gorillas...I understand completely that you want to punish Drew, but at least give us the link so it doesn't take some of us a long time to find it again!
dededisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:01 AM   #41
perfectmatch300
United We Stand
Will ride anything with "roller coaster" in the name!

Your daughter looked beautiful in her kimono! Thanks for sharing her pictures.

I haven't read your previous review from waaaay back in 2007, so I don't know the story. It sure does sound like a good story! I'd be willing to go back and read it if you would be kind enough to post a link for this slacker to go find it.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:16 AM   #42
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectmatch300 View Post
Your daughter looked beautiful in her kimono! Thanks for sharing her pictures.

I haven't read your previous review from waaaay back in 2007, so I don't know the story. It sure does sound like a good story! I'd be willing to go back and read it if you would be kind enough to post a link for this slacker to go find it.
Thank you. She thinks so too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dededisney View Post
I read your old report too and don't quite remember the gorillas...I understand completely that you want to punish Drew, but at least give us the link so it doesn't take some of us a long time to find it again!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1569813

A link just for you since you requested it ad since we share the same birthday.
For a summary of what happened for the lazy folks....In 2007 the cruise was perfect, but prior to the cruise we did all the parks. Well there were two incidents that really upset me and to tell the truth I wasn't even going to go back to the parks because of them. One had to do with the EPCOT and CMs at Mexico . The other in the Nemo show had to do with a GORILLA guest threatening my wife and how the CM handled it. In the end with the help of a friend(who you will meet this TR) I contacted Disney. We recieved an apology letter, tickets for future use and a gift card.

Old 01-18-2014, 07:24 AM   #43
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

AHOY CREW!! DID YOU FORGET THAT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE LOOKING FOR WHOEVER STOLE ME FAVORITE MUSTACHE COMB. WELL I HAD SMEE CHECK ME DRESSING ROOM THAT I USE FOR THE VILLAINS SHOW ON THE DREAM. NO COMB, BUT HE FOUND WHITE FUR WHITE FUR WHICH HE SAID SMELLED LIKE A WET DOG. NOW GET BUSY FIND THE SCALAWAG SO I CAN MAKE THEM WALK THE PLANK.

Old 01-18-2014, 03:58 PM   #44
WickedDreamer
Mouseketeer

Just started reading along, can't wait to hear about the cruise! I understand bout the flights costs too, flights from Australia can be really pricey, and are. Ormolu out biggest expense. We normally just stay off site or at a DTD hotel.

Post trip blues are the worst, it's been hard for us the past few weeks Fter coming back from a cruise and Disney World. We stayed for 6 weeks that trip nd still didn't get enough Disney! But that's why we book the next trip

Shannon
Twitter:WickedDreamer
WickedDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 06:59 PM   #45
DisneyZell

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyodisneydad View Post

AHOY CREW!! DID YOU FORGET THAT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE LOOKING FOR WHOEVER STOLE ME FAVORITE MUSTACHE COMB. WELL I HAD SMEE CHECK ME DRESSING ROOM THAT I USE FOR THE VILLAINS SHOW ON THE DREAM. NO COMB, BUT HE FOUND WHITE FUR WHITE FUR WHICH HE SAID SMELLED LIKE A WET DOG. NOW GET BUSY FIND THE SCALAWAG SO I CAN MAKE THEM WALK THE PLANK.
So I'll be honest...when I see this I hear in my head dark and foreboding music...Not sure how you do that Wally. But it's impressive.

As I only get one guess I'm going to remain on the sidelines...for now. muhahahaha!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: