Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2014, 07:59 PM   #181
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Holy mother of updates! Great somewhat chill last day at the MK and the resort and yay for getting on the Fantasy!!!! I'm drooling over the chicken strips on the ship (or maybe its because my mouth is still numb from the dentist and the vikes...) They are my favorite!

Jill in CO
Old 01-15-2014, 09:50 PM   #182
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Fantastic update Cass!! And we get to board the Fantasy, woohoo!! Loved your whole last couple of days at MK, such a great last night too. So fun, can't wait for more of the cruise!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2014, 11:19 PM   #183
disnut1149
DIS Veteran

So happy to see you on here. I haven't read trip reports from you in quite a while. Kira is so cute!! I remember when she was born. It's late here in Philly, so I want to read your trip report tomorrow. Thanks for sharing.
1972 Offsite, 1978 Offsite, 1980 Dutch Inn, 1989 Comfort Inn, 1990 CBR, 1993 Peabody, 1996 AllStar Sports, 1997 Dixie Landings, 2000 Holiday Inn Family Suites, 2001 Marriott World Center, 2004 Pop Century, 2005 Pop Century, 2006 Pop Century Aug & Dec, 2007 Pop Century Aug & CSR Dec., 2008 WL & POFQ Aug. & AS Sports Dec., 2009 Pop Aug., Pop Oct & CBR Dec., 2010 POR Sept & CBR Oct., 2011 CSR May & Pop & Akl
Nov., 2014 CSR Sept., 2015 AS Sports Aug.
disnut1149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:20 PM   #184
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Great update Cass! That's so funny that Kira fell asleep right there on the floor, she must have been so tired. My son, who is the same age as Kira fell asleep at MNSSHP on our last trip right before the second parade too. He slept right through it and I ended up having to wake him up to make a run for the busses, after I had finished collecting all the candy I could carry (lol) My husband hadn't come with us that night so it was not fun having to carry a six year old as well as all the candy
Awww, that's sad that he missed the parade. What a good mom

You know, I never even mentioned it but we didn't ToT at all! When we were in line for Tarzan, a CM came up to her and handed her some suckers and that is all the candy we got!

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound View Post

I love her smile... she is soooo happy in this pic. It totally is worth the price to get that smile. Dani took the sash and bag off right away too! It gets in the way of the "look"
Yup, she sure was happy!!! She was happy all week (mostly) but BBB definitely was the cherry on top of the Disney cake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
Sounds like a great start to your Halloween minus that rude CM. I can't believe her! I think even if you are having the worst day ever, you have to remember your responsibility to be kind and helpful. That is just crazy.

Kira makes a great princess and that pic of you two on the Peoplemover is just lovely!
Yeah, maybe some people need to leave Disney to find their happy place

Thanks, I always get a pic of me and my girl on the Peoplemover. I have one of me and my mom when I was a kid and I just love it. As a mom now, I think back to our Disney trips when I was a kid and realize just how happy she must have been watching her 5 kids have so much fun! I wish she was here today to join us on a trip to watch her granddaughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tow-mater-1 View Post
Whew! I had a lot to catch up on and I was only absent a few days!

I LOVED the video of Kira dancing!

I can't believe you are finally getting on the cruise... which means I'm getting off. Actually I was already waiting at Animal Kingdom by this time

Ya your line up experience was way worse than ours. So maybe it was a good thing that Logan had to go potty before we left or we might have been one of those early early people put in the garage!
Yup, FINALLY cruise time! Almost seems like I was never gonna make it

Be thankful you weren't stuck in the garage!! Never again!!! Next time I will just blend in with the peeps leaving the ship until I see that main door get opened

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntkg1 View Post
Ok, I had this entire post, complete with pictures, all ready to post and all of a sudden I timed out??? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

So, yes, we did snag two rocking chairs for the parade and were even able to watch a family get ejected from the park for not having mnsshp bracelets. Oooooh, those CM's mean business!

Keep 'em coming, Cass. I love seeing pictures so I can relive our vacation a little.
I always copy a long reply before before I post it, just in case

Ohhh, never seen someone being thrown out of a park before, exciting!!

Oh, don't worry, I have a few more pics left

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntkg1 View Post

OMG! I see a veggie on your plate!!!
Hey! I like SOME veggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Holy mother of updates! Great somewhat chill last day at the MK and the resort and yay for getting on the Fantasy!!!! I'm drooling over the chicken strips on the ship (or maybe its because my mouth is still numb from the dentist and the vikes...) They are my favorite!

Jill in CO
Yeah, I was a little ambitious yesterday LOL! I'm only half way done out trip

The strips were goooooood and we all ate a LOT of them this trip! Kira ate her weight in them, I swear!

Dentist? BLECH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie View Post
Fantastic update Cass!! And we get to board the Fantasy, woohoo!! Loved your whole last couple of days at MK, such a great last night too. So fun, can't wait for more of the cruise!!!
Thanks Jill, more coming soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnut1149 View Post
So happy to see you on here. I haven't read trip reports from you in quite a while. Kira is so cute!! I remember when she was born. It's late here in Philly, so I want to read your trip report tomorrow. Thanks for sharing.
Yeah, four years is WAY too long!! Glad you found me, enjoy the trippie
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:08 PM   #185
monica23535
DIS Veteran

That last update was awesome, we really had a great time on the Dream and can't wait to try the Fantasy. I love how excited Kira was to get Onboard
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

monica23535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:00 PM   #186
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 8 - Part 4 - A room with a view.

After my lunch, I headed down to see if the rooms had opened up yet. Our room was exactly one deck DIRECTLY below Flo's right at the elevators.

It was 1:25pm but they weren't open yet so I waited. At first, it was just me but 10 minutes later, the entire area near the stairs was FULL of people waiting for their rooms to open up.

This is our room...so close!!! I thought about just sneaking in LOL!

When they finally removed the barriers and I opened my door, one guy that was waiting with me said "Wow, you can't get any closer!"

We had booked a VGT rate, which meant a good price but you don't get to choose your room or even deck. I was just happy to be on the ship! I knew that most deck 10 rooms were noisy due to being directly under a VERY busy deck 11 but I figured we could just put up with it.

As for convenience, you really couldn't beat this location! I swear it was about 15 seconds away from chicken strips (which would prove highly convenient during this whole week since my daughter became addicted to them!) and it was right at the midship elevators. Close to the adult pool, close to the main pools, just super convenient to most things on the ship. It was a bit of a walk if you were going all the way AFT but the exercise was good!

The room itself was awesome. I love the design of the rooms, so much storage room! And that space under the bed was AMAZING! We fit 5 LARGE suitcases, one small carry-on bag and Rob's large computer bag under there AND we could have fit 2 more small bags!!!! I kept joking with Rob that it was like Mary Poppins bags...endless storage under there

I also love the split bathrooms, especially with a kid, it is sooo nice!

Here are some pics for you...

I wish my daughter would show a little more enthusiasm, really!

Here is the Castaway Club return cruisers gift...

I did like the bag but I missed the pretzels, they were yummy!

Here is something that I liked too, they had a recycle bin. My family are HUGE recyclers! Every week our big blue bin is FILLED to the brim! In fact, the city of Calgary is testing out new bigger bins, so we applied for it and just recently got one. We fill that sucker too!

The only thing that I don't like is that it takes up half the garbage and because of that our garbage was always overflowing! Even with our room host emptying it twice a day, it was always full!

LOVED this art work! Really love how it shows all four ships, with the Magic and the Wonder being just slightly smaller. They had this print on a t-shirt and I wanted it but it only came in white and I don't do well with white shirts

And finally, the wave phones...

Ours needed some repairs! We used these a LOT! They were handy to keep in touch as we were separated a lot during the week. However, sometimes they didn't work. I figured out that if you shut them off and then turn them back on, they would work just fine again. Pain in the butt though! Texting was a pain too because I am used to a nice little keyboard so scrolling through the letters took quite some time!

So about that noise from deck 11....yeah, it was pretty horrible! It started at 6AM, with the deck chairs and tables being moved around. It woke me up every day which really sucked cus I was so spent from WDW that I really needed extra sleep. The absolute worst part though was at night, from about 9pm until midnight. You can hear kids running back and forth over and over. Tables and chairs being dragged. The thumping of the running kids though was just horrendous! By the end of the week, I was so happy to be going home, not just to be home and in my own bed but to get away from that constant thunderous thumping of people's running footsteps!!! Seriously, I almost went crazy!!!!

I will never EVER stay on deck 10 again! I can't complain much because I knew when I booked the VGT rate, this could happen but now that I have done it, I will never do it again!!! Next time I will choose my own cabin!!

SO there you have it, awesome stateroom, very convenient but way too loud for this old grump!

*Edited to add*

I just wanted to mention the verandah. While it was really nice to have a verandah, on these Caribbean sailings, I could easily do without one. It was so hot and humid that I was hardly out there the entire week. I would step out, look around and then go right back in to shower off all the sweatiness! The only time I can say that I thoroughly enjoyed having it was when we left St Thomas, Rob and I sat out there while we sailed out of the port and I really enjoyed that. Now, if we ever do Alaska on the Wonder, I would have a hard time not getting a verandah because I could spend a lot of time out there if it wasn't so darn hot!!!

Last edited by Timon; 01-16-2014 at 06:11 PM.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:59 PM   #187
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!
shakes dollar bills for good luck

Oooooh, I love that picture too, Cass. I wish they put it on a colored t-shirt myself though. I don't do white either.

We loved our verandah this time and even wondered how we did without it on two other cruises. We spent an unbelievable amount of time on our's but it was exactly what we wanted. You know me, I hate the heat too but for some reason when you're in the Caribbean, it's ok.
cntkg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:41 PM   #188
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Cass, I am so sorry you had such a noisy stateroom. We usually stay on deck 10 - but further aft - we usually book 10626 (we like Stitch!, so the 626 reverence was awesome) and it was not noisy at all.
Wavephones - were a pain for us too! And we did NOT have recycle wastepaper baskets in August.

As for the veranda - we loved ours (always had one), but we are usually using ours at different times of the day. I AM an early riser, so would sit out there at 6 am and enjoy the sound of the waves - plus we always sit out there later at night and it is awesome just enjoying the sound of the ship gliding through the waves and the darkness.

Oh, and did I mention that I love your TR so far.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 03:00 PM   #189
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I love all the princess meets you did. Do it while they are young and still want to!!!!

Yeah..You are on the ship! Too bad your room wasn't the quietest location, but you are on the ship and about to have a grat adventure. I love how excited Kira is!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 03:06 PM   #190
Credit Man
Love the shark reef
Needs a map to grocery shop
Went on a life-changing cruise

Enjoying your report, but I think I need a nap just reading about your exploits.
Credit Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:29 PM   #191
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 8 - Part 5 - Pool time!!!

I was hoping that our luggage would show up early so that we could start unpacking but it wasn't there yet.

Kira asked for a chocolate chip cookie so I ran up one deck and grabbed some cookies, some chips, fruit and a couple little sandwiches to try.

I am a sandwich kind of girl but I didn't like either of these. Kira happily ate a cookie and some chips while she watched some Disney cartoons.

While Kira was chilling Rob was setting up his laptop and email, I headed for the drink machine to grab a nice cold diet-coke. On the way there, I ran into Nancy and Chuck. We grabbed some drinks and Chuck had him some banana ice cream while we sat near the adult pool. A few minutes later, Mike and Robin joined us and a few minutes after that, we noticed some dolphins swimming around our ship! I had read tons of reviews about people seeing them but this was the first time I saw them with my own eyes! It was pretty awesome! Just then, Rob texted me saying that our luggage showed up so I headed down one deck (told you our room was convenient!) and started the big job of unpacking and figuring out where everything was going to go!

Finally found our door magnets and Kira was very excited to decorate our door! I didn't show her the magnets before, I wanted them to be a surprise and she really liked all of them!

The weird/funny thing was that I caught a lot of people standing outside our door looking and reading and commenting (yup, I heard them through the door! ) I think because a lot of people would head to the elevator area and then have to wait for the rest of their family so they would just linger at our door and look at everything LOL!

Before we knew it, it was almost 4pm and time for the safety drill. We totally scored on location because our drill area was the Buena Vista Theatre. Thankfully we got there early enough to grab a nice comfy seat. Some late arrivals were stuck standing on the sides.

I was smart enough to grab a sucker for Kira to pass the time. Easy peasy!

After the drill, we headed to deck 12 to watch some of the Sail Away party. I didn't want to head down into the crowds so we made the best of it and watched from a decent spot up on deck 12. Kira loved it, she danced the entire time. Too bad some self-entitled adults kept budding in front of her! The second she danced herself a little bit over, this one lady would scoop in there and take her spot. I have no problems when kids shuffle in front of us for a better view but it IRKS me to no end when adults do it! Yeah, like you can't see over my 6-year old, you have to be in front of her???

For the countdown, they started at FIVE!!! What gives with that??? Since when did they start doing that??? It's so much better when you start at TEN

Once we started moving a little, we walked down towards the aft to get a spot so we could wave to the port canaveral webcam. I told Kira that her cousin Dani might be watching and she was very excited to be waving to her.

We even ran into the entire crew! Finally got to see Walt & Di and Leisha and Tommy, who along with us, Chuck & Nancy and Mike & Robin, would be all sitting together at dinner.

It was awesome to see everyone again and you could feel everyone's excitement. I think this is my favourite part of every cruise. All the fun and excitement is ahead and you've seen enough of the ship to just imagine all the fun you're going to have all week.

We got out our giant Canadian flags and waved good-bye to the camera.

Since I can't be in the sun for long and I can't imagine being in the crowds that gather at the pools during the day, I told Kira that we would be having pool time in the evenings. This worked out great for us. There was hardly anyone at the pools when we went and we timed it all perfectly.

The tricky part was making sure we got there before 6pm when the Mickey Slide closes. Way too early in my opinion but we made it work.

Most people are either getting ready for dinner or to watch the show or just unpacking...

While my kid was doing this...

Rob got changed too because they were going to go on the Aquaduck together. First Kira wanted some slide time.

And boy did she LOVE it!

First time...

Her Daddy watching from above..

Second time down...

She just kept going back up those stairs...only one other girl was using the slide so she did it until she was tired.

Then it was time for Nemo's Reef. This is a great little play area. It is for 8 and under but the little slide that is in there is NOT for little ones!

It is fast and the kids slide all the way over to the seahorse!!!

She had a LOT of fun here!

And I had so much fun watching her laugh, giggle and run around.

I think Rob and Kira went on the Aquaduck at this point. Kira liked it but was a little scared of the beginning where you go fast and up and down. She always tells me that she doesn't like "butterflies" so she was good with just doing it once that evening. Actually, looking at the pics, they must have done it before the Mickey Slide because Kira has the AD bracelet on her wrist already.

I don't have pics from that night but I have pics of them on it another day.

After some showers, we made it just in time for the Welcome Aboard show. I knew Kira would like the shows, so we made sure to hit them all except for the Farewell Show.

She loved the characters and the dancing. The ventriloquist act was really cute and my fave part of the show. Sorry, I didn't take notes or keep the Navigators so I don't remember her name but she was very good!

*Edited to add*

I posted two little videos. First one is Rob and Kira's first trip on the Aquaduck and the other is Kira sliding down Mr Ray's Slide at Nemo's Reef.

See POST# 196 for the videos!

Last edited by Timon; 01-18-2014 at 11:41 AM.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:33 PM   #192
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Kira did a great job decorating the door! Looks like she had a blast on the waterslide!

Jill in CO
Old 01-17-2014, 09:17 PM   #194
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Awesome, fantastic pictures and first day Cass, love every single minute!!
Old 01-18-2014, 01:58 AM   #195
OurDogCisco
DIS Veteran

Loving the cruise photos... I sure miss cruising right now...

I've eaten at 75 out of 247 restaurants at Walt Disney World (30%)
I've eaten at 30 out of 87 quick service/counter service restaurants at Walt Disney World (34%)
I've eaten at 30 out of 73 table-service restaurants at Walt Disney World (41%)
I've eaten at 7 out of 18 signature restaurants at Walt Disney World (39%)
I've eaten at 1 out of 3 dinner show restaurants at Walt Disney World (33%)

Here's my list!

THEME PARKS
  • ANIMAL KINGDOM PARK
    • Flame Tree BBQ
    • Pizzafari
    • Rainforest Cafe
    • Restaurantosaurus
    • Tusker House
    • Yak & Yeti Counter Service
    • Yak & Yeti
  • Disney's Hollywood Studios
    • '50s Prime Time Cafe
    • ABC Commissary
    • Backlot Express
    • Brown Derby
    • Catalina Eddie's
    • Fairfax Fare
    • Feel the Force VIP Package (Fireworks Dessert Party)
    • Hollywood & Vine
    • Mama Melrose's
    • Min & Bill's Dockside Diner
    • Rosie's All-American Cafe
    • Sci-Fi Dine-In
    • Starring Rolls Cafe
    • Studio Catering Company
    • Toluca Legs Turkey Company
    • Toy Story Pizza Planet
  • Epcot
    • Coral Reef (Living Seas)
    • Electric Umbrella
    • Fountainview (Starbucks)
    • Garden Grill (The Land)
    • Sunshine Seasons (The Land)
    • Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (Norway)
    • Biergarten (Germany)
    • Boulangerie Patisserie (France)
    • Chefs de France (France)
    • Fife & Drum (American Adventure)
    • Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party
    • Katsura Grill (Japan)
    • Kringla Bakeri og Cafe (Norway)
    • La Cantina de San Angel (Mexico)
    • La Hacienda de San Angel (Mexico)
    • Le Cellier (Canada)
    • Liberty Inn (American Adventure)
    • Lotus Blossom Cafe (China)
    • Monsieur Paul (France)
    • Nine Dragons (China)
    • Odyssey
    • Restaurant Marrakesh (Morocco)
    • Rose and Crown (United Kingdom)
    • San Angel Inn (Mexico)
    • Sommerfest (Germany)
    • Spice Road (Morocco)
    • Tangierine Cafe (Morocco)
    • Teppan Edo (Japan)
    • Tokyo Dining (Japan)
    • Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar (Italy)
    • Tutto Italia (Italy)
    • Via Napoli (Italy)
    • Yorkshire County Fish Shop (United Kingdom)
  • Epcot Food & Wine Festival
    • Argentina
    • Australia
    • Belgium
    • Brewer's Collection
    • Canada
    • Caribbean Islands
    • Cheese
    • China
    • Craft Beers
    • Desserts & Champagne
    • Florida
    • France
    • Germany
    • Greece
    • Hawaii
    • Hops & Barley
    • Ireland
    • Italy
    • Japan
    • Mexico
    • Morocco
    • New Zealand
    • Poland
    • Party for the Senses
    • Scandinavia
    • Singapore
    • South Africa
    • South Korea
    • Terra
  • Epcot Food & Garden Festival
    • Buttercup Cottage
    • Fleur De lys
    • Florida Fresh
    • Hanami
    • Intermissions Cafe
    • Jardin De Fiestas
    • Lotus House
    • Pineapple Promenade
    • Primavera Kitchen
    • The Smokehouse
    • Taste of Marrakesh
    • Urban Farm Eats
  • Magic Kingdom
    • Be Our Guest Lunch (Fantasyland)
    • Be Our Guest Dinner (Fantasyland)
    • Casey's Corner (Main Street USA)
    • Cinderella's Royal Table (Fantasyland)
    • Columbia Harbour House (Liberty Square)
    • Cosmic Ray's (Tomorrowland)
    • The Crystal Palace (Adventureland)
    • Diamond Horseshoe Review (Frontierland)
    • The Friar's Nook (Fantasyland)
    • Gaston's Tavern (Fantasyland)
    • Golden Oak Outpost (Frontierland)
    • Liberty Tree Tavern (Liberty Square)
    • The Lunching Pad (Tomorrowland)
    • Main Street Bakery (Starbucks)
    • Pecos Bill's (Frontierland)
    • Pinnochio Village Haus (Fantasyland)
    • The Plaza Restaurant (Main Street USA)
    • Sleepy Hollow
    • Tomorrowland Terrace (Tomorrowland)
    • Tomorrowland Terrace Wishes Dessert Party (Tomorrowland)
    • Tony's Town Square (Main Street USA)
    • Tortuga Tavern (Adventureland)
    • Frontierland Turkey Leg Cart
Water Parks
  • Blizzard Beach
    • Avalunch
    • The Cooling Hut
    • Lottawatta Lodge
    • The Warming Hut
  • Typhoon Lagoon
    • Leaning Palms
    • Lowtide Lou's