Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2014, 09:20 PM   #1891
DisneyMom14
DIS Veteran

Yay!!!

Wow!!! I can't believe I read this ENTIRE thread!!! I'm not sure when I started but I think it took me over a week.

I've found some really great tips and lots of good info.

I have a question for those more experienced cruisers. If you are bringing alcohol, water, and/or soda in your carry-on, what exactly are you using for your carry-ons? This sounds so heavy!

Thanks in advance!
DisneyMom14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:26 PM   #1892
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom14 View Post
Wow!!! I can't believe I read this ENTIRE thread!!! I'm not sure when I started but I think it took me over a week.

I've found some really great tips and lots of good info.

I have a question for those more experienced cruisers. If you are bringing alcohol, water, and/or soda in your carry-on, what exactly are you using for your carry-ons? This sounds so heavy!

Thanks in advance!
Many people use rolling carryon bags. Others just a "regular" carry on type, or backpack.

One note, no need to bring water onboard. The water onboard is processed just like most bottled water (reverse osmosis and filtered) and tastes fine.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2014, 08:46 AM   #1893
ChristyBrown
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by autismgoesdisney View Post
May I ask how many children you travelled with in your stateroom? I was told they would sign a pillowcase for each of my three children.
If your three children are sailing with you, they will sign all three. If the children are not with you, it is only two per stateroom. My DH and I sailed without the kids and took three cases. They would only accept two to be signed. They said they only make exceptions if there are more than two children in the room.
ChristyBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:23 AM   #1894
SUZI
Mouseketeer

Thanks!

Thanks for all these great tips!
I have read several posts, but not the entire thread, so I'm sorry if this was already discussed.

Regarding the photo mats: what is the smallest sized photo mat that I could bring still have room for the signatures? Would a mat for a 5X7 be too small? How about a mat for an 8x10? Is there a zip lock bag big enough for a large mat?

Also, should I state landscape vs portrait?

Thanks!
SUZI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:28 AM   #1895
Lisamarie4400
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUZI View Post
Thanks for all these great tips! I have read several posts, but not the entire thread, so I'm sorry if this was already discussed. Regarding the photo mats: what is the smallest sized photo mat that I could bring still have room for the signatures? Would a mat for a 5X7 be too small? How about a mat for an 8x10? Is there a zip lock bag big enough for a large mat? Also, should I state landscape vs portrait? Thanks!
I used a 5x7 mat but it was in an 8x10 frame so it was much wider. Plenty of room.
October 2013 One Day for Halloween Party
January 2014 3 Days on Disney Magic Cruise Ship

December 2014 5 days on Disney Wonder
Lisamarie4400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:10 AM   #1896
TeamH5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUZI View Post
Thanks for all these great tips! I have read several posts, but not the entire thread, so I'm sorry if this was already discussed. Regarding the photo mats: what is the smallest sized photo mat that I could bring still have room for the signatures? Would a mat for a 5X7 be too small? How about a mat for an 8x10? Is there a zip lock bag big enough for a large mat? Also, should I state landscape vs portrait? Thanks!
I fit an 8x10 mat into a gallon sized ziplock bag with the markers. I can't remember if I stated landscape or Portrait. I just picked a picture from the bunch at Shutters that fit, ours was signed Portrait and we have a really nice family photo on the staircase from the dream that fit perfectly in there. I did draw a line in pencil around the mat and asked that they stay inside so we could see all the signatures in full view, without any if them being hidden behind the frame (cuz part of the mat is covered by the frame) and they did as asked!

This next cruise I think I'll do pillow cases for all the kids, and use an iron on photo or have one screen printed on them.
DH ME DD-6 DD-6 DS-5 & #4 on the way sometime late April 2014

Disney newbies:
Lived the Dream January 2012
WDW AoA August 2013
Waitin for the Magic WBTA Sept 2014
TeamH5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:37 AM   #1897
RapunzelFloyd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamH5 View Post
I fit an 8x10 mat into a gallon sized ziplock bag with the markers. I can't remember if I stated landscape or Portrait. I just picked a picture from the bunch at Shutters that fit, ours was signed Portrait and we have a really nice family photo on the staircase from the dream that fit perfectly in there. I did draw a line in pencil around the mat and asked that they stay inside so we could see all the signatures in full view, without any if them being hidden behind the frame (cuz part of the mat is covered by the frame) and they did as asked!

This next cruise I think I'll do pillow cases for all the kids, and use an iron on photo or have one screen printed on them.
I am thinking of gifting 8x10 mats for 5x7 pics as part of my fe with maybe the name of our cruise on the bottom and some markers, would this be a good gift?

Check out my blogwww.rapunzelscrafts.weebly.com
DLR- 31st birthday & proposal- August 2011
WDW-AOA- 1 year Anniversary- March 2013
DLP- September 2013
Disneyworld Beach Club and First Dream Cruise- June 2014
RapunzelFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:40 AM   #1898
wcw57
DIS Veteran

great idea for a fe gift but good luck getting it INTO the FE!!!!
Old 01-14-2014, 12:21 PM   #1899
RapunzelFloyd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcw57 View Post
great idea for a fe gift but good luck getting it INTO the FE!!!!
lol, didn't think about that, was thinking I could deliver them first night, so they could be sent to get signed it is only 4 day cruise. I could just attach the ziplock bag to fe some how, hmmmmm

DLP- September 2013
Old 01-14-2014, 06:54 PM   #1900
okstategrads
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by autismgoesdisney View Post
May I ask how many children you travelled with in your stateroom? I was told they would sign a pillowcase for each of my three children.
We had 2 children in our room
okstategrads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:18 PM   #1901
RapunzelFloyd
Mouseketeer

Opinion

I just need an opinion I am doing a fe exchange and I want to make recycled crayons (large fun shape) and coloring books for the kids, how young is too young for large crayons and coloring books and also what is too old for these gifts. I still like to color and I am 33

DLP- September 2013
Old 01-17-2014, 08:21 AM   #1902
Katekins13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapunzelFloyd View Post
I just need an opinion I am doing a fe exchange and I want to make recycled crayons (large fun shape) and coloring books for the kids, how young is too young for large crayons and coloring books and also what is too old for these gifts. I still like to color and I am 33
I love that idea! My daughter has been playing with crayons since about a year old - maybe even younger - so I would around 1 would be ok esp bc you said they are large.

And I agree with you - I'm 32 and color as much as my daughter lol

Katekins13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:45 AM   #1903
RapunzelFloyd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katekins13 View Post
I love that idea! My daughter has been playing with crayons since about a year old - maybe even younger - so I would around 1 would be ok esp bc you said they are large.

And I agree with you - I'm 32 and color as much as my daughter lol
Lol, awesome!!

I was thinking for 3 to 11 for the age group. I am making the coloring books now! Thanks so much for your help

DLP- September 2013
Old 01-22-2014, 06:23 PM   #1904
lillyshelle
2nd Generation Disney Lover

OK so I have a question about the signatures on the pillowcases... Does the signature bleed through to the other side if I use a permanent marker? Or does Disney take care of that issue? Just didn't know if there would be a problem with this. TIA
lillyshelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:46 PM   #1905
joycsk
Red's my girl

Suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyshelle View Post
OK so I have a question about the signatures on the pillowcases... Does the signature bleed through to the other side if I use a permanent marker? Or does Disney take care of that issue? Just didn't know if there would be a problem with this. TIA
For t-shirts or pillow cases, place a thin sheet of cardboard inside and then there isn't a bleeding issue.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: