Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2013, 10:28 PM   #46
Blakercam
Earning My Ears

Thanks for your report! We are sailing on the Wonder in October (to the Caribbean) but my husband has always wanted to go on an Alaskan cruise.
Blakercam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:19 PM   #47
EeyoreIsMyName
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiandisneycruise View Post
Yay! Love the pics!
Pictures begin with post #77. Enjoy!

Last edited by EeyoreIsMyName; 06-18-2014 at 02:29 PM.
EeyoreIsMyName is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2013, 02:43 PM   #48
EeyoreIsMyName
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakercam View Post
Thanks for your report! We are sailing on the Wonder in October (to the Caribbean) but my husband has always wanted to go on an Alaskan cruise.
You're welcome! Maybe someday your husband will have an opportunity to do an Alaskan cruise on the Wonder.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:05 AM   #49
kidz dream
Earning My Ears

Wonderful!!!!!!

Done. You were not talking to YRSELF. Thank you for YR time and effort in putting this report together. Congratulations on YR wins. Happy to have read YR dad got better at such beg of his cruise.: idk hw much more detail you could have written this. You did a Wonderful job. I'm getting anxious for my cruise date June 2014. Hubby had been wanting to this cruise for a while now but I jst wntd the kids to be a LIL older to appreciate all the wildlife I hear , read about. I'm not so thrill of the weather.my idea of vacation . We will be celebrating for both my children ages 12 and 7.

thank you again
kidz dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:54 PM   #50
twindaddy
DIS Veteran

Thank you for a wonderful trip report! I have a really stupid question....I want to find some Alaska animal related stuffed animals for my girls, grizzlies, whales, dolphins and such. I assume such a thing is easy to find? On our MR cruises, it actually was....all I could find was jewelry and sunglasses.

Speaking of dolphins, did you ever see any dolphin related jewelry? My girls would go insane if I bought them some of that.
twindaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:46 PM   #51
EeyoreIsMyName
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twindaddy View Post
Thank you for a wonderful trip report! I have a really stupid question....I want to find some Alaska animal related stuffed animals for my girls, grizzlies, whales, dolphins and such. I assume such a thing is easy to find? On our MR cruises, it actually was....all I could find was jewelry and sunglasses.

Speaking of dolphins, did you ever see any dolphin related jewelry? My girls would go insane if I bought them some of that.
I'm glad you enjoyed the trip report! We located husky dogs, bears and whales in all three ports. They had husky dogs at the gift shop connected to our Skagway Sled Dog excursion. We also found husky dogs, bears and whales at the Alaskan Rainforest excursion in Ketchikan. And there were husky dogs at the Christmas store in Ketchikan. Alaska Shirt Company in Skagway & Juneau had plush animals and cute animal hats. Tongass Trading in Ketchikan also carried stuffed animals. Ketchikan Mining Co. had large 16" Husky & Moose stuffed animals. The Fudge Co. in Skagway had LOTS of stuffed animals-believe it or not!

We found whale (and I believe dolphin) jewelry at Caribou Crossings in Juneau. I didn't see much in the way of dolphins in Alaska, most of the jewelry was of a whale tail. Lots of places to find them, some with flakes of gold in the tail and others that were just plain pendants.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by EeyoreIsMyName; 01-10-2014 at 07:51 PM.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:22 PM   #52
donaldjessie
Earning My Ears

Your reports are awesome! I got a lot of information which help me in my future alaska cruise!!! Is there a princess breakfast in this trip?

donaldjessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:37 PM   #53
EeyoreIsMyName
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldjessie View Post
Your reports are awesome! I got a lot of information which help me in my future alaska cruise!!! Is there a princess breakfast in this trip?
No unfortunately, there is no princess breakfast on this cruise. There is a character breakfast, however. It runs very smoothly. The waiters bring your order to your table, so there is no way you will miss the characters unless you leave to use the bathroom. The characters come to your table in icrements so you have some time in between characters. The character's handler is happy to take pictures using your camera. If you have little ones, they will definitely enjoy this character experience.

Old 11-17-2013, 10:00 PM   #54
twindaddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeyoreIsMyName View Post
I'm glad you enjoyed the trip report! We located husky dogs, bears and whales in all three ports. They had husky dogs at the gift shop connected to our Skagway Sled Dog excursion. We also found husky dogs, bears and whales at the Alaskan Rainforest excursion in Ketchikan. And there were husky dogs at the Christmas store in Ketchikan. Alaska Shirt Company in Skagway & Juneau had plush animals and cute animal hats. Tongass Trading in Ketchikan also carried stuffed animals. Ketchikan Mining Co. had large 16" Husky & Moose stuffed animals. The Fudge Co. in Skagway had LOTS of stuffed animals-believe it or not!

We found whale (and I believe dolphin) jewelry at Caribou Crossings in Juneau. I didn't see much in the way of dolphins in Alaska, most of the jewlery was of a whale tail. Lots of places to find them, some with flakes of gold in the tail and others that were just plain pendants.

Hope that helps.

Awesome, thanks! It looks like we will have no problems spending our money in port. I will check out the stores you mentioned....

Looking forward to the rest of your trip report!
twindaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:27 AM   #55
bgarcia1
Earning My Ears

Fun

Can't wait till we get to visit Alaska!
bgarcia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:17 AM   #56
mamachap
Mouseketeer

Great info, thanks!
mamachap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:49 PM   #57
EeyoreIsMyName
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgarcia1 View Post
Can't wait till we get to visit Alaska!
You will LOVE it!

Old 01-10-2014, 07:50 PM   #58
EeyoreIsMyName
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamachap View Post
Great info, thanks!
You're welcome!
Old 01-12-2014, 06:03 PM   #59
tiarasandcrowns
Mouseketeer

Fantastic TR!

Thanks for such a well written and detailed TR! Loved reading it. We are going to be on the june 30th Alaskan cruise. And reading your report has made me excited and sad (for the long wait) ..LOL! Can't wait to explore Alaska on the Disney cruise.
tiarasandcrowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:21 PM   #60
EeyoreIsMyName
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiarasandcrowns View Post
Thanks for such a well written and detailed TR! Loved reading it. We are going to be on the june 30th Alaskan cruise. And reading your report has made me excited and sad (for the long wait) ..LOL! Can't wait to explore Alaska on the Disney cruise.
Thank you for your kind words. When I began writing, I hoped it would help others planning an Alaskan cruise. You are going to love it in Alaska! Here's a little pixie dust to help the next 5 1/2 months go by quickly for you! Eat a for me!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: