Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2014, 09:20 AM   #9
nancipants
Mouseketeer

We woke up around 7 am. I'd slept horribly the night before and was pretty tired, but that was okay because our plans for the day consisted of laying by the pool. (We have a TempurPedic mattress so I actually sleep worse on vacation then I do at home. Note to self: take a Tylenol PM at night so you don't keep waking up every hour!)

I went out onto the verandah and saw that we were just approaching Nassau. We stayed out there for awhile, watching as the ship turned around in preparation to back into the dock. I put on the TV and found a channel that plays "classic" Disney songs, and then we had a dance party on the verandah to "Under the Sea." Like all responsible adults do!

The breakfast buffet was calling us, so we got dressed and headed to Cabanas. I love eating breakfast outside, but there isn't a lot of seating on the Magic. Thankfully we discovered some tables and chairs up on Deck 10, so we went up there to eat.

IMG_4180 by jedimara77, on Flickr

Note: If you or your family/traveling partners are afraid of birds, DO NOT EAT OUTSIDE IN NASSAU. The seagulls were fearless. At one point they were circling over my head and I thought Brian was going to come back from the buffet and find me pecked to death.

Also: DO NOT FEED THE BIRDS.

While we were eating, the ship docked. We weren't planning to get off; we always use Nassau as a sea day on three-day cruises. We decided to be good and take a walk around Deck 4. Our plans were thwarted by maintenance closing off parts of the deck, preventing you from doing a full loop. Oh well. We tried to exercise!

When we went back inside, the Princess Gathering was happening in the Lobby, so we watched it from Deck 4. I love watching character interactions. Some kids are so into it, and others you can tell are only there because Mommy or Daddy told them to. One little boy was there with his older sister and was actually really excited to meet all the Princesses. The best part? He was wearing a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle outfit. Unfortunately, we did not get a picture. Then there was a mother with an infant wearing a tiny Belle dress. The Princesses doted on her, and the baby just sat there like a lump.

We both decided that when we have children we are going to drag them to the Princess Gathering at least once, especially if we have a boy. Because why shouldn't boys like Princesses, too?

After overdosing on cuteness, we went back to the room to get our belongings and made our way to the Quiet Cove.

IMG_4183 by jedimara77, on Flickr

I haven't decided whether I liked this area more on the Dream or the Magic. One thing I preferred about the Magic was that the pools were heated. However, the hot tubs seemed smaller than on the Dream, perhaps because more people were using them than in August? There was plenty of space to lounge around and I liked that the pool was more conducive to swimming. However, I missed the shallower area where you could sit and still be in the water.

Another thing I noticed, and this goes against things I've read on the DIS before, is that there seemed to be a lot more children coming and going in the Magic's Quiet Cove. Usually on the Dream, kids would walk through to get to the top deck, which never really bothered me as long as they kept moving. On the Magic, however, kids would come in and just wander around. One family came in and went right up to the bar, two children in tow. They stayed for several minutes until a CM asked them to leave (and then they seemed annoyed).

Don't be those parents, please. I certainly don't mind children, but I go to the Quiet Cove to relax and get away from the madness for a bit. I'm sure there are plenty of parents with children who agree with me!

Around noon we decided it was time to get lunch, so we headed over to Cabanas. It was then we discovered that The Lion King, my favorite Disney movie, was playing on Funnel Vision. And it had just started! (It was listed as a viewer's choice movie in the Navigator, which is why I was surprised.) We decided to fill up our plates and then come back to watch the rest of the movie.

(Brian went back and got our stuff from the Quiet Cove, so we weren't being chair hogs!)

Also during the movie, we got ice cream. Because ice cream.

After the movie was over we headed back to the pool for a bit. Once our fingers got pruny, we decided it was time to go back to the room and shower.

It was a lovely, relaxing final day as a 32-year-old. But soon we had a date with Frozen!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: