DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2014, 11:27 AM   #1
iluvthsgam
Mouseketeer

membership transfer (with transferred points)

My in-laws own points at SSR. They are gifting the member to my wife and I. Last year, however, they got a one-time transfer of 50 BLT points.

They have not used those 50 BLT points yet, they are still sitting in their account.

If we go forward with the transfer of title from them to us, what happens to those 50 BLT points? I would imagine they would transfer over as well, but this seems like a logistical thing that would get screwed up.

I called Member Administration and the first rep really had no idea, so I have to call back again. But has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks.
iluvthsgam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:38 PM   #2
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvthsgam View Post
My in-laws own points at SSR. They are gifting the member to my wife and I. Last year, however, they got a one-time transfer of 50 BLT points.

They have not used those 50 BLT points yet, they are still sitting in their account.

If we go forward with the transfer of title from them to us, what happens to those 50 BLT points? I would imagine they would transfer over as well, but this seems like a logistical thing that would get screwed up.

I called Member Administration and the first rep really had no idea, so I have to call back again. But has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks.
They should transfer with the membership unless they have expired or would expire before you could use them.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2014, 09:12 PM   #3
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvthsgam View Post

Thanks.
If they're still good they will transfer. You should check to make sure they are and have been banked.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:52 AM   #4
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

The member accounting CM that you spoke to gives you an idea of what will probably happen, the transaction will probably get screwed up.

Make sure that you have copies of your point balances and try to get a record of the transferred points before you transfer ownership.

Owners tend to believe that your account balances are safe from mistakes and in our experience, that isn't true, we have had points disappear, reappear, and once we even had extra points added to our account. MS insisted that the extra points were ours so we used them.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:41 AM   #5
iluvthsgam
Mouseketeer

thanks to all. The points are still good. They were banked and expire end of November 2014. I may use them first then transfer the membership to be on the safe side. Don't really want to deal with the hassle and tracking them down afterwards.
iluvthsgam is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: