Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2014, 08:23 AM   #16
Px4
DIS Veteran

Be Our Guest - I will be the odd ball and suggest the Lamb. Mine was made to perfection and the celery root purée matched it perfect, but next time I may switched it our for the fries that come with the steak. The brocolini was actually even cooked perfectly. I will 2nd the Lemon Cupcake.

Le Cellier - I am with everyone else, THE FILET! With a extra side of sauce. And don't forget the cheddar cheese soup! It's amazing!

Past Trips: May 2014 - Grand Floridian ~ April 2014 - All Star Sports ~ Jan 2014 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ Dec 2013 - Dolphin ~ April 2013 - Pop Century ~ July 2012 - Animal Kingdom Lodge and Contemporary ~ Nov 2010 - Polynesian ~ Aug 2009 - Wilderness Lodge ~ 98-08 - Shades of Green ~ 80-97 - Contemporary, Polynesian, Daytona TimeShare and 1 trip to All-Star Sports!
Px4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:38 AM   #17
GaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Px4
Be Our Guest - I will be the odd ball and suggest the Lamb. Mine was made to perfection and the celery root purée matched it perfect, but next time I may switched it our for the fries that come with the steak. The brocolini was actually even cooked perfectly. I will 2nd the Lemon Cupcake.

Le Cellier - I am with everyone else, THE FILET! With a extra side of sauce. And don't forget the cheddar cheese soup! It's amazing!
I 2nd the lamb at BOG! It was fantastic and the celery root puree was a nice break from potatoes.

The flatbreads at Tony's are delicious!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2014, 01:43 PM   #18
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Px4 View Post
Be Our Guest - I will be the odd ball and suggest the Lamb. Mine was made to perfection and the celery root purée matched it perfect, but next time I may switched it our for the fries that come with the steak. The brocolini was actually even cooked perfectly. I will 2nd the Lemon Cupcake. Le Cellier - I am with everyone else, THE FILET! With a extra side of sauce. And don't forget the cheddar cheese soup! It's amazing!
I like the sound of lamb too. That certainly does tempt me as well. Tough choices lie ahead of me. Lol

What kind of sauce does the filet come with? The cheddar cheese soup sounds great

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBelle View Post
I 2nd the lamb at BOG! It was fantastic and the celery root puree was a nice break from potatoes. The flatbreads at Tony's are delicious!
I have a tough choice now between the lamb and steak (First world problems. Lol)

I would never think about the flatbreads at Tony's. Thanks for the heads up
1990 Offsite (I think?) - 1992 Port Orleans - 1993 Dixie Landings - 1996 All-Star Sports - Nov 1999 Disney Institute - Nov 2001 Offsite (Sheraton Vistana) - June 2006 Grosvenor Resort - Christmas 2007 Regal Sun Resort - Sept 2010 Pop Century - Dec 2012 AOA
mike the canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:18 PM   #19
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Brown Derby: the mussels on the bar menu are excellent, would be a great appetizer.

SciFi: order a milkshake!

Sanaa: definitely the Naan bread service with the nine dips; butternut squash soup, butter chicken. We also ordered the salad sampler and tomato soup so ended up having our own "buffet!"
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:28 PM   #20
SilentK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBelle

I 2nd the lamb at BOG! It was fantastic and the celery root puree was a nice break from potatoes.

The flatbreads at Tony's are delicious!
I third this for BOG!

Also agree with Cheese Soup and filet at Le Cellier, I also liked the scallops appetiser and I loved the coconut 3 ways for dessert.
SilentK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:05 PM   #21
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itinkso View Post
Brown Derby: the mussels on the bar menu are excellent, would be a great appetizer. SciFi: order a milkshake! Sanaa: definitely the Naan bread service with the nine dips; butternut squash soup, butter chicken. We also ordered the salad sampler and tomato soup so ended up having our own "buffet!"
I love mussels!
A milkshake at the Scifi is a for sure now.
This bread service sounds good too

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentK View Post
I third this for BOG! Also agree with Cheese Soup and filet at Le Cellier, I also liked the scallops appetiser and I loved the coconut 3 ways for dessert.
I gotta try this cheese soup.
I love scallops.
What is the "coconut 3 ways"? Where do I get that?
1990 Offsite (I think?) - 1992 Port Orleans - 1993 Dixie Landings - 1996 All-Star Sports - Nov 1999 Disney Institute - Nov 2001 Offsite (Sheraton Vistana) - June 2006 Grosvenor Resort - Christmas 2007 Regal Sun Resort - Sept 2010 Pop Century - Dec 2012 AOA
Old 01-13-2014, 08:21 PM   #22
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Be Our Guest - dinner---never been there
Le Cellier - dinner---filet of course....mmmmm
Brown Derby - dinner---my DH loved the Cobb salad, I got some sort of beef that was yummy, I think filet...don't get the grapefruit cake, ICK!!!
Tusker house - lunch---never been there
Biergarten - dinner---meh, the German potato salad is delish
Ohana - dinner---potstickers, noodles and chicken and the salad is yummy too...and the dessert is the best on property
Maya Grill -dinner---never been there
Cape May - dinner---blech, good luck...the mini desserts are good
Scifi Din-in - dinner---been a long time since we've gone, but I'd get a milkshake there for sure
Hoop De Doo---sangria...the food is meh but comfort food
Sanaa - dinner---OMG...the bread service (mango chutney and roasted red pepper hummus) and the chicken tandoori
San Angel Inn - dinner---only been 1 time in 2008...I'd try the blood orange margarita if I could go
Tonys town Square - lunch---never been here either
Old 01-14-2014, 08:15 AM   #23
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
Be Our Guest - dinner---never been there Le Cellier - dinner---filet of course....mmmmm Brown Derby - dinner---my DH loved the Cobb salad, I got some sort of beef that was yummy, I think filet...don't get the grapefruit cake, ICK!!! Tusker house - lunch---never been there Biergarten - dinner---meh, the German potato salad is delish Ohana - dinner---potstickers, noodles and chicken and the salad is yummy too...and the dessert is the best on property Maya Grill -dinner---never been there Cape May - dinner---blech, good luck...the mini desserts are good Scifi Din-in - dinner---been a long time since we've gone, but I'd get a milkshake there for sure Hoop De Doo---sangria...the food is meh but comfort food Sanaa - dinner---OMG...the bread service (mango chutney and roasted red pepper hummus) and the chicken tandoori San Angel Inn - dinner---only been 1 time in 2008...I'd try the blood orange margarita if I could go Tonys town Square - lunch---never been here either
I have been told by a friend that they loved the grapefruit cake. I think I have to try it. It does sound appetizing.
I am looking forward to that banana dessert at Ohana.
I love seafood so im looking forward to Cape May.
I'll be getting a milkshake for sure at the SciFi. I'll take a look at the mini desserts.
I look forward to the sangria at the Hoop de doo. I plan on having a good buzz when we head back to the MK after the show. (I'll avoid the teacups after. Lol)
This bread service at Sanaa keeps sounding better and better!
A margarita at San Angel sounds really good. Thanks for the great ideas.

I'm starting to get hungry. I shouldn't read these tips on an empty stomach. Lol
Old 01-14-2014, 10:10 AM   #24
SilentK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the canuck

I love mussels!
A milkshake at the Scifi is a for sure now.
This bread service sounds good too

Thanks

I gotta try this cheese soup.
I love scallops.
What is the "coconut 3 ways"? Where do I get that?
The Coconut 3 ways was at Le Cellier, I had it in December. I'd not seen it listed on all ears. I've got a pic, will try and upload it when I get home. It had a coconut ice cream, something with a kind of cookie texture and a long piece of nougat type thing. Sorry that's a terrible description but I did thoroughly enjoy it.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:47 AM   #25
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentK View Post
The Coconut 3 ways was at Le Cellier, I had it in December. I'd not seen it listed on all ears. I've got a pic, will try and upload it when I get home. It had a coconut ice cream, something with a kind of cookie texture and a long piece of nougat type thing. Sorry that's a terrible description but I did thoroughly enjoy it.
Wow that does sound awesome. Your description sounds pretty tasty. Thanks for the info
Old 01-14-2014, 12:13 PM   #26
momofmaz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the canuck View Post
Here is a list of my upcoming summer ADRs. What do you suggest I order? What food items are not to be missed?

Be Our Guest - dinner
Le Cellier - dinner
Brown Derby - dinner
Tusker house - lunch
Biergarten - dinner
Ohana - dinner
Maya Grill -dinner
Cape May - dinner
Scifi Din-in - dinner
Hoop De Doo
Sanaa - dinner
San Angel Inn - dinner
Tonys town Square - lunch

Can't wait to hear your opinions
Thanks
I've been to a couple but at different times than you. I did go to Le Cellier for dinner and the Mushroom Filet was awesome as well as the maple syrup creme brulee.
momofmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:04 PM   #27
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmaz View Post
I've been to a couple but at different times than you. I did go to Le Cellier for dinner and the Mushroom Filet was awesome as well as the maple syrup creme brulee.
Cool. Thanks! Sounds like the creme brule is very good. I'll probably check it out
Old 01-14-2014, 01:45 PM   #28
Haygar2
Mouseketeer

The filet at Brown Derby was excellent. However...I dream about the Andouille Crusted Prawn over cheddar grits. I don't like grits but I would take some of those everyday for every meal. They are soooooooo delicious. We also got the Jumbo Lump Spring roll. My daughter did not share any of that. She loved it. I assume it was good since she was stabbing us with a fork if we tried to get a bite.
Haygar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:55 PM   #29
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haygar2 View Post
The filet at Brown Derby was excellent. However...I dream about the Andouille Crusted Prawn over cheddar grits. I don't like grits but I would take some of those everyday for every meal. They are soooooooo delicious. We also got the Jumbo Lump Spring roll. My daughter did not share any of that. She loved it. I assume it was good since she was stabbing us with a fork if we tried to get a bite.
Haha. Those shrimp must have been good. Those prawns sounds super delicious. (I can't say prawns without thinking of the movie District 9. Lol). I will be adding those to the list too. Thank you
Old 01-14-2014, 02:00 PM   #30
SilentK
Mouseketeer

Hopefully this works - coconut three ways

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: