Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2014, 09:03 AM   #16
tweis
DIS Veteran

Great TR so far! I can't wait to read more!

Trina

3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators Link is broken so "google" "Our dreamy anniversary cruise"

5 Night Disney Dream Double Dip June 2012
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:59 PM   #17
shadowryter
DISNEYHOLIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweis View Post
Great TR so far! I can't wait to read more!

Trina
Thanks Trina.
shadowryter is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2014, 10:07 PM   #18
shadowryter
DISNEYHOLIC

November 30th
We woke up in plenty of time before our limo pickup of 10 am arrived. I headed out and walked around the grounds of Port Orleans Riverside to look for some photo ops which seemed to be around every corner. I took my time and got some great shots hopefully not too much for you all to view.:D
Some of my favorites...ok, a lot!!!

So that’s what in there?

Goodbye 38 Alligator Bayou

I returned and did the last minute check before call bell services to help with our luggage. Problem was when I called they said they were backed up and the wait would be about 50 minutes. What??? So Dan and I reluctantly dragged our luggage and carryon’s through the walkways and finally to the front. Our limo was actually early and before we knew it we were on our way to 7 days on the Fantasy.

Continued next post...
Old 01-09-2014, 10:15 PM   #19
shadowryter
DISNEYHOLIC

November 30th continued...

Our limo driver Damian was very chatty which was nice. He was actually filling in for someone on his day off but the conversion made the ride to the port very pleasant and quick. Soon we were crossing the bridge and getting the first glimpse of the Fantasy.
There she is...
First glimpse…
through tinted glass…sorry

We checked in and got into a seemingly long line for security but soon we were through it and inside the terminal. We were directed to the counter which was #23, turned in our paperwork and received our lanyards and boarding pass which was #3. We found a place to sit which was a task in itself because the place was already packed. I spent some time taking some pictures as always until I heard the family of the day being announced which sounded familiar to me and just happened to be one of the families from our Face Book page. In a few minutes we heard our number, went through the yellow Mickey ears, checked in with our KTTW card and had our photo taken.
DCL Terminal

Close-up of cute Mickey hands….Hey I wonder if the time is always off???

Christmas inside the terminal

Boarding pass

Here we go

Love this!

Once our photo was taken it was up the gangway where we would be welcomed home. Now some of you may remember that last year when I gave them our family name I wanted to make sure they said it correctly. Koo-z-an. Kuzian with a K and we were promptly welcomed as the Guzman family. We still laugh about it today. So a young man from Canada welcomed us and asked our name to which I explained briefly what happened last time and that we were Kuzian with a K. Then came the announcement. “Welcome aboard, the Kuzian family. Kuzian with a K!” Oh well at least he got it right.

We quickly got in line for guest services to sign up for tastings and drop off my plate for character signatures. Dan wanted champagne which was not offered. We already had a group Mixology booked so I grabbed up the Wine and Chocolate to Dan’s dismay. I asked if he wanted anything else but nothing appealed to him so we left it at that. We had in past done Mixology, Martini, Tequila and Margarita and Whiskey so I was fine with just the two. I also learned at Guest Services that the Fantasy was a full sailing not even an upgrade to be found.

We were directed to Cabana’s for lunch and headed for deck 11. We grabbed a table, Dan ordered us a drink in a souvenir glass and we were off to the buffet. Oooo so many choices. I didn’t take any pictures of the food offerings due to the crowds.
So many yummy things though the steak was waaayy overdone.

Stone Crab….Dan loves these

Potato and Leek soup…this was so good

Desserts for two!

After lunch we headed outside to find a table and fill our glasses with Coke. It was here that Dan decided to play photographer and you can see the results. Lol!
Striking a pose

Really now?

Final shot…ok not to bad. I would have removed the glass!

Continued next post...
Old 01-09-2014, 10:22 PM   #20
shadowryter
DISNEYHOLIC

November 30th continued...
By now it was a little after 1:30 so we decided to head up to deck 9 and see if our room was ready which it was. This was our first Porthole window stateroom and I was a tad curious of what I would see. I was pleasantly surprised. :D
Our Forward Stateroom #9506

Another Silver backpack

Love this round tub<3

Asti for two

Room art

I’m going to love this window

We had a meet at three with our Facebook friends and headed to D-Lounge where a group was already wandering around. One of our cruisers a gentleman from Australia had special bracelets made so we could identify each other during our cruise. They were only buck and really cool. We sat and chatted with many of our cruise mates some of which I recognized and some I did not but soon the crowd had to disperse to get ready for the lifeboat drill.
D-Lounge

Can you see the Mickey head in the ceiling?
FFV Bracelet

Not my image
Next...leaving Port Canaveral as that familiar feeling strikes again.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:23 AM   #21
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Great photos!
Love the shots from round POR
Excited to hear about your cruise
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:57 AM   #22
perfectmatch300
United We Stand
Will ride anything with "roller coaster" in the name!

Loving your TR so far. Can't wait to read more, and to see more of your great photos!
Old 01-12-2014, 07:10 AM   #23
lizzyb
DIS Veteran

Great start! Can't wait for more!
Oct. 23-28, 2007 Pop Century,July 12-19, 2008 Pop Century, Jan. 23-30, 2009 Pop Century, Jan.23-31,2010 POR, Aug. 28-Sept. 4, 2011 CSR, Aug.13-19, 2012 AoA, April 20-27, 2013 Disney Fantasy, Aug. 3-12, 2014 CR, April 25- May 2, 2015 Disney Fantasy

lizzyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:26 PM   #24
PixieDustandEeyore
DIS Veteran

Cant wait to read more
PixieDustandEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:08 PM   #25
chudson98
Mouseketeer

We leave on the Fantasy on Saturday. Can't wait to hear more!
Old 01-12-2014, 09:17 PM   #26
shadowryter
DISNEYHOLIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Great photos!
Love the shots from round POR
Excited to hear about your cruise
Thanks so much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectmatch300 View Post
Loving your TR so far. Can't wait to read more, and to see more of your great photos!
Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyb View Post
Great start! Can't wait for more!
More on the way!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieDustandEeyore View Post
Cant wait to read more

Quote:
Originally Posted by chudson98 View Post
We leave on the Fantasy on Saturday. Can't wait to hear more!
I think I'm jealous!
Old 01-12-2014, 09:28 PM   #27
shadowryter
DISNEYHOLIC

When we got back to our room our luggage was waiting for us giving me just enough time to organize before the drill and toss a few things into a laundry bag to be pressed for later on.
Fantasy and Christmas tree

Dan

Magnets and Fish Extender

The last time our drill was in the Buena Vista Theater to which someone mentioned a scene from Titanic. It was so disorganized. This time...Tada!!! Evolution Lounge??? Well at least it was done well. Very professional and orderly.

Our next meet was at the sail away party. A bunch of us gathered by the second stack facing Fish lips and waited to wave like a bunch of crazy people at the camera. It was so much fun! The cool thing was that one of our cruise mates had a special sign made to hang over the side. It was great but kept wanting to flap up in the breeze and Brian and company did their best to hold it in place.
Leaving Port Canaveral

FFV sign

We said so long to our cruise mates and headed down to our stateroom to finish unpacking and to get ready for dinner.
View from our window

Chocolate pralines...yummy

A few of us hung around and chatted for a while but then Dan and I turned our attention to the sunset and headed back to our stateroom to take it in and just relax before getting ready for dinner at the Enchanted Garden.
Ahhhhh...the setting sun!

Once we were in open water the ship was at full tilt. Since we were forward you could feel every little break of the waves as we cruised on through. And so did I. Last time I got a bad dose of sea sickness and this time would be no different.

I noticed it when I was just sitting on the bed. Then I went to wash my face and re-apply my make-up when I felt it. I've come to realize that if you are feeling a little nauseous the worst place to be is standing in a tiny bathroom looking into the mirror as the background sways to and fro. Now, I did take Dramamine an hour or more before we left port. It was the non-drowsy kind and guess what? It didn't work.

Dan and I got dressed and arrived at Enchanted Garden just as the doors swung open. We were led to our table and in a few minutes we were greeted by our table-mates Kris and Larry. This was the first time we met and I didn't even know what they looked like because Kris did not post her picture on Facebook. Despite how I was feeling we had a lovely conversation and just for kicks and giggles I ordered the very same food as I did the last time which I couldn't take a bite of just a quick snap on the shutter of my camera and then I turn away. I found myself briefly explaining to Kris and Larry what was going on and tried to eat a piece of a roll but to no avail.

In the meantime Dan was enjoying his roll and appetizer while I just sat there and stared at my soup. Next came his salad and finally the Sea Bass. I really love Sea Bass especially the way its prepared at the Enchanted Garden but I couldn't even stand the smell of this beautifully cooked fish. It was déjà vu all over again and I quickly had to excuse myself. Geez, I got further than this last time. Dan just took a bite of his entrée and was enjoying it. I told him to stay, just give me my KTTW card and Id be fine but he wouldn't hear of it and left his entrée behind to stay with me. All that ran through my mind was what a lousy first impression I just made in front of our table-mates. The rest of this night was a blur. I took another Dramamine, crawled onto the sofa bed and crashed though I barely remember getting into bed, make-up and all.
Multi-grain Loaf and Country Current Bread with Chickpea-Garlic Purée

Thyme and Garlic Brioche...Filled with Lobster, Morels, and Porcini Mushrooms and Leek Stew in a light Buttermilk Cream

Cream of Green Asparagus Soup...With Crabmeat and Asparagus Tips

Romaine Wedge...fresh crisp Romaine topped with a creamy Romano Dressing and homemade spiced Croutons

Alas no Pan Seared Sea Bass or dessert!Lol!
Ok...evidently I was well enough to take a photo of this little guy!?
Towel Snake

Next...party with the Pink Champagne Girls!

Last edited by shadowryter; 01-12-2014 at 09:34 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:21 PM   #28
disny_luvr
DIS Veteran

I loved all your pictures of POR. It looks like a lovely resort.

Loved the first day on the Fantasy. We did the same as you - boarded and headed straight to Cabanas. The food was delicious! We also had a category 8 room and we LOVED the window. My boys enjoyed standing and sitting there and looking out. Sorry you weren't feeling so good the first night - we could feel lots of motion, too. We were fortunate enough to stand with Kris and Larry at sail away - what a sweet couple.

Can't wait to read more.

Upcoming Trips:
Beach Club ~ June 27-June 30, 2015/Polynesian Village ~ June 30-July 6, 2015
Disney Fantasy: 7-night Western ~ November 28-December 5, 2015
Past Trips:
* Polynesian ~ August, 2014 *
* Disney Fantasy: 7-night Eastern ~ November/December, 2013 * Disney Magic: 2-night Cruise ~ August, 2012 * Beach Club Villas ~ June, 2012 * Wilderness Lodge ~ November/December, 2010 * POP/CBR ~ May, 2009 * Wilderness Lodge ~ November, 2004 * Dixie Landings ~ April, 1996 * CBR ~ June, 1991 * Fort Wilderness ~ June, 1984 *
disny_luvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:23 PM   #29
disny_luvr
DIS Veteran

One other thing...

I see you have another cruise booked. Are you by any chance sailing on the November 29th Fantasy (same week as last year)? We have a cruise on the Wonder booked for March, 2015 but we are heavily considering moving it to the November 29th Fantasy sailing. Just wondered if we'd be on the same cruise again.

Upcoming Trips:
Beach Club ~ June 27-June 30, 2015/Polynesian Village ~ June 30-July 6, 2015
Disney Fantasy: 7-night Western ~ November 28-December 5, 2015
Past Trips:
* Polynesian ~ August, 2014 *
* Disney Fantasy: 7-night Eastern ~ November/December, 2013 * Disney Magic: 2-night Cruise ~ August, 2012 * Beach Club Villas ~ June, 2012 * Wilderness Lodge ~ November/December, 2010 * POP/CBR ~ May, 2009 * Wilderness Lodge ~ November, 2004 * Dixie Landings ~ April, 1996 * CBR ~ June, 1991 * Fort Wilderness ~ June, 1984 *
disny_luvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:37 PM   #30
lizzyb
DIS Veteran

Sorry you felt soo crummy. Hope noext cruise you can find something that works better for you.
Oct. 23-28, 2007 Pop Century,July 12-19, 2008 Pop Century, Jan. 23-30, 2009 Pop Century, Jan.23-31,2010 POR, Aug. 28-Sept. 4, 2011 CSR, Aug.13-19, 2012 AoA, April 20-27, 2013 Disney Fantasy, Aug. 3-12, 2014 CR, April 25- May 2, 2015 Disney Fantasy

lizzyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: