Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2014, 02:48 PM   #211
DressmakerJ
Earning My Ears

I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your TR. We are embarking on our first-ever cruise on the Fantasy on the 25th. Reading your observations and impressions has been very helpful. I loved your approach to packing--I wish I could be as organized! I'm looking forward to your next cruise report, as well. Thanks so much!
DressmakerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:57 PM   #212
pepe3penelope
Princess Ariel at Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conorama View Post
Wow- you know you're cool when you manage to unsubscribe from your own thread... I missed these replies - sorry! I clicked the wrong link in my email - or that's the story we're sticking to, anyway... Thanks! I lurked on here a long time before our cruise, and it fed my obsessive researching tendencies nicely, so I figured I owed the boards something in return. Thanks! I re-read this when it popped up again last week - it's been almost 1 year, so Conor is different in some ways now as a wise 5.5 year old, but not in most. We just got back from taking my dad out for supper, and we got a waiter who recognized Conor (small town - not that we eat out all the time - honest!) because "he's the one who talks a lot". Yep. Once he got over his disappointment that they didn't have "a vegetable salad without the vegetables" (aka veggies and dip), and the waiter was able to stop laughing, we had a grand time. Love the "in head out mouth" stage ... most of the time, anyway. Thanks! We did like a whole lot about the cruise, but not enough for it to be our main vacation every year - or, honestly, it's mostly me, since I really felt a bit tied down by schedules and navigators and port times. I'm the one with a crazy work schedule, so we can blame me. However, this year, through a series of good luck events, we decided to do a 2nd "mini" vacation, so, yes, as per the men's request, we're back on DCL. I will write up something once we get back from MY vacation... the one-week lie on the beach like a lump, with my Kobo, and only make one or two decisions per day ... when to hit up the juice bar, and which restaurant to visit for supper vacation, which happens in 23 days, not that I'm counting down for that or anything. (I will grudgingly admit that there was not a lot of arm-twisting required by the men in my life to get me back on DCL. I blame the lattés - there is something in them, and I'm not buying that pixie dust story!!! ) Glad you enjoy them so much, and I hope you get back in 2015 as you hope. I'll spend the next few months coping with the highs and lows of planning, while admitting that, honestly, I do NOT care about the quality of the lanyard we'll get as first time silver CC members. (DUCK!)
I was so pleased that you responded! I'm so surprised that you're going on another trip! At least you know what to expect. When is your best trip? Can't wait to hear about that next trip report!

pepe3penelope is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2014, 06:48 AM   #213
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conorama View Post
Thanks! I re-read this when it popped up again last week - it's been almost 1 year, so Conor is different in some ways now as a wise 5.5 year old, but not in most. We just got back from taking my dad out for supper, and we got a waiter who recognized Conor (small town - not that we eat out all the time - honest!) because "he's the one who talks a lot". Yep. Once he got over his disappointment that they didn't have "a vegetable salad without the vegetables" (aka veggies and dip), and the waiter was able to stop laughing, we had a grand time. Love the "in head out mouth" stage ... most of the time, anyway.
Oh, I totally get that. We were grocery shopping yesterday and my husband was recanting the things our 6yo was saying in the (crowded) bathroom. It's always something.
CRSNDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:10 AM   #214
Conorama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagarvin View Post
Thanks for taking the time to complete your TR- especially on the excursions. We are sailing in June and trying to make some decisions!
No problem. I'm glad it was helpful. I like to know details (this is probably beyond obvious) so happy to provide some for others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DressmakerJ View Post
I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your TR. We are embarking on our first-ever cruise on the Fantasy on the 25th. Reading your observations and impressions has been very helpful. I loved your approach to packing--I wish I could be as organized! I'm looking forward to your next cruise report, as well. Thanks so much!
Excellent- just about exactly 1 year after us. I hope your preparations are going well! My packing approach is organized out of necessity more than anything- I really was ridiculously busy leading up to the cruise last year, so there was really no choice. We've been doing a late January/early February trip for years now, so I usually get motivated to get organized just after Christmas, out of protest of all the stuff in my house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe3penelope View Post
I was so pleased that you responded! I'm so surprised that you're going on another trip! At least you know what to expect. When is your best trip? Can't wait to hear about that next trip report!
Yes, well, you're not the only one surprised we're going back! We have a 4-day trip on the Dream in May. We are definitely bucking the "longer is better" trend. I have to be in Orlando for work anyway, which is where this idea got started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSNDSNY View Post
Oh, I totally get that. We were grocery shopping yesterday and my husband was recanting the things our 6yo was saying in the (crowded) bathroom. It's always something.
Oh dear. And oh yes. ALWAYS. "Your child is so articulate" is code for either A) "Your child doesn't shut up", B) "Your child says the most embarrassing things", or some combination of the above.

It's a family-friendly forum, so I'll spare everyone his latest discussion points... needless to say, the bathroom was involved again. His latest fascination with how the body works just leads us down very scary conversational roads....
Old 01-15-2014, 10:14 AM   #215
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession

Ha! I hear ya!
CRSNDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: