Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2014, 06:54 AM   #1
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

The Dream is over, but I don't want to wake up...Sailing into a New Year

Well folks I am back in Japan and though it has taken me a few days to start this trip report I finally am.
First and foremost I am in severe denial that my trip has come and gone. I truly can't believe that it took 702 slow days of planning before I boarded an airplane in Tokyo Narita and then it went by like a flash. I've had the worst case of cruise and Disney withdrawel the last couple of days. My body is rejecting the knowledge that I am home and that today was my first day back at work. I went through the motions of teaching, but my heart was definitely not in it. I've slept alot and not eaten enough since starting for home and then arriving. To kind of make up for it I've already started planning the next one...either an Alaska cruise or a 7 night Fantasy cruise. We shall see.

Ok now to move on to the report itself. It will take a couple of days to get pictures loaded, especially since my computer is acting funny. When I do I will share what I have. The report itself partially a review,partially tips, but mostly just my story of what was a wonderful cruise. Was it perfect....well no as you will see, but it was an incredible experience.

Ok here is where I introduce the folks you will meet along the way in my story. Well one of the title opions for thie was "One Sumo and Five Ninjas and the quest for the Honey Dipped Bacon."

So I am the Sumo...pictures did not suit me well this time as I am a big guy. I will share some of them, but will leave some of the more frightening ones out. My name is Wally for those who don't know me. I took this trip with my wife and four other Japanese friends... The five ninjas.

My wife...Kiyomi..the love of my life...my angel...my sweetheart. I wanted so badly for this trip to be perfect for her. You will have to wait and see if it was.

THE HIROTA family
Tomo and Hidemi...Hidemi has been a good friend of ours for quite awhile and she is like a daughter to us, although she is only about ten years younger. Tomo is her husband and it was a first time cruising for both of them and a first time to Walt Disney World for him. He is a shy and quiet guy.

THE SUGIZAKI family
Maki and Shu...Maki was probably most excited overall. They are friends of Hidemi, but now are friends of ours also.

All of this adventure started 702 days before ever leaving Japan....and that is where I will leave you. I hope you will join in and read along. You will hear my thoughts on Palo, how to celebrate a birthday on the Dream and what really happens on a cruise ship on New Year's eve.

While you wait....this is my second TR....the first one is linked below and included my daughters, but they are grown up now and stayed home. This is an all adult ...mommy and daddy...trip...and believe me it was neeeded.

LINK for past TR

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1569813

Join THE DIS DAD'S CLUB Here![/QUOTE]
tokyodisneydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:23 AM   #2
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

Ok I'm back and with actual photo evidence that I went on this trip. No followers yet, but I hope that will change as I have lots of fun to share.

So this is me and my wife. The first of our group that you will see a picture of. We left our house at about 8 am in the morning on the 27th of December in Japan. It took us about 30 hours from our front door to the hotel room door. This really played gmes with my mind and my wife's mind the first night as you will see soon.

This is Hidemi and Tomo. Hidemi had been to WDW before, but it was Tomo's first time. It was both of their first time on a cruise.

Finally after 28 hours of buses and planes the whole group was getting ready to board the Magical Express....our destination ....All Star Movies. Oh that is Maki and Shuichi. Yes the date on the picture was the 28tyh becaquse the camera was set to Japan time and it was the 28th in Japan, but we had time traveled and it was the 27th in Florida.
We had chosen a value hotel because it was just a place to sleep and if I told you how much a plane ticket from Japan cost per person you would understand better.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2014, 05:54 AM   #3
IadoreWDW
But why is the rum gone?

Hi Wally! I'm here! looking forward to your report!

WDW AsMu '97WDW AsMo '99WDW offsite '04WDW offsite '08 WDW offsite '10
WDW offsite '12

faithtrust&pixiedust
adreamisawishyourheartmakes

IadoreWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:43 AM   #4
Jazzy B Bunny
Mouseketeer

Hey Wally! Looking forward to updates
Old 01-12-2014, 07:02 AM   #5
Lita
Mouseketeer

I'm following! I subscribe to a lot of trip reports (including your prior ones), but don't announce that I am following.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

DL - numerous times as I grew up in CA
WDW - CBR 97, Poly May 2013
DCL - Dream April 2014
DCL - Fantasy August Eastern Caribbean 2015

Me 40 DH 48, DD7, DD5
Lita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:45 AM   #6
figment52
Oh man, I checked out the website only to discover that I am Older than Peeps!

Looking forward to your report. Having priced flights to/from Tokyo I would stay at All Star as well.
figment52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:23 PM   #7
DisneyZell
Likes Adventures on the High Seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyodisneydad View Post
Well one of the title opions for thie was "One Sumo and Five Ninjas and the quest for the Honey Dipped Bacon."
I vote that you change it to this!

I'm on-board and ready to ride! Can't wait to hear how it went. Particularly the Honey Dipped Bacon part. Only I know what that is!

DZ
DisneyZell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:18 PM   #8
dededisney
Mouseketeer

So glad you are posting this Wally. I have been waiting to hear about your trip. Hopefully you won't take quite as long as someone else we know
dededisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:18 PM   #9
DisneyZell

Quote:
Originally Posted by dededisney View Post
So glad you are posting this Wally. I have been waiting to hear about your trip. Hopefully you won't take quite as long as someone else we know
Ahem. I wonder who your talking about???
Old 01-13-2014, 01:14 AM   #10
perfectmatch300
United We Stand
Will ride anything with "roller coaster" in the name!

I'll be following along.

I can't even begin to imagine adjusting to that time change!
Old 01-13-2014, 08:47 AM   #11
2015Cruiser
Remaining Anonymous

I've got another year until mine, so I'll follow along with yours..

2015Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:34 PM   #12
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyZell View Post
Ahem. I wonder who your talking about???
Yeah I wonder... Lol...and as u will see eating the bacon really was a quest as all except the last day the wife was on me about my eating.

Thanks everyone for joining in... U will get an update after work tonight. Yesterday was my youngest daughters Coming of Age ceremony so didn't have time. I may even throw in a picture of her in her Kimono... Very expensive Kimono... We rented it and the cost to rent was more than the cruise. Japan... Gotta love it

Old 01-13-2014, 05:39 PM   #13
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment52 View Post
Looking forward to your report. Having priced flights to/from Tokyo I would stay at All Star as well.
Yeah it was sticker shock when we got the per person price for airline tickets. Just because of the time of year

Old 01-13-2014, 06:15 PM   #14
Spunkyminky
Mouseketeer

Hi Wally, okaerinasai.
Looking forward to your trip report but I have a question just out of curiosity.
Were your "ninjas" strictly Japanese speakers?

I'm Japanese-American, fluent in English/Japanese. My brother and his family lives in Japan. Other than my brother(who was born and raised in the US), rest of his family does not speak any English. Do non-English speaking cruisers enjoy cruising at all if they have no clue what's happening during shows and movies?

My sister in law is a huge Disney fan and when I told her that we're going on a Disney Cruise, she had mentioned that she wanted to go with us next time. My nieces are 7 & 5 yrs old, and I don't even know how that would work while they're at Oceaneers Club. I just wasn't sure how much the girls will enjoy cruising if they don't understand any English.
Would love your input!
Arigato~
Spunkyminky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:52 PM   #15
DisneyZell

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyodisneydad View Post
I may even throw in a picture of her in her Kimono... Very expensive Kimono... We rented it and the cost to rent was more than the cruise. Japan... Gotta love it
:scar ed1:: scared1::scare d1:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: