Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2014, 07:23 PM   #151
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!
shakes dollar bills for good luck

[QUOTE=Timon;50378101]Day 6 - Part 1 - Breakfast with 'Ohana

Quote:
So, we were to meet our friends Chuck and Nancy at Kona for breakfast.

I "met" Nancy online in July 2006 on our Cruise Meet Thread for our October 2007 cruise, along with many other wonderful DIS friends.

We just clicked right away, which was amazing because I don't "click" with many people. She reminds me so much of my mum and I truly believe that somehow, my mom up in Heaven, sent Nancy to me. She is sweet and generous and loving and so kind. Ever since then, we've become the BEST of friends and despite living so far away from her, she has become my best friend in the whole world (right after my hubby, of course )
Awwwww, you're gonna make me bawl all over again. But the feelings are mutual, Hun.

Quote:
It had been 4 VERY LONG years since I had seen them last so this was THE day that I was looking forward to!

As soon as I saw her across the second floor, I started running! I could see her running towards me and Kira was running behind me trying to catch up LOL!

We hugged for what seemed an eternity and both started bawling like babies!

At one point we were crying so hard, we had to tear away from each other just to stop

Thank goodness you can't see my ugly "cry face". LOL

Quote:
Lots of hugs later, we composed ourselves long enough to get a group shot.

Love this pic! Can I get an 8x10 glossy please?

Quote:
We were introducing Nancy and Chuck to the Kona coffee, so they ordered two pressed pots!

As good as you remember, Rob? I think so LOL!

OMG, this stuff was to die for! We're still chipping away at our gift from you and Rob but it's running really low. Guess it's time to go back and get some more, right?

Quote:
They ordered another round...Kira helped this time...

I think I was so hyped up on caffeine that by the time that breakfast was over, I just about ran to the MK that afternoon.

Quote:
And sadly our breakfast was over. I didn't want it to end. It was so great to see them again!!!

Unfortunately, we had some things to do before the Halloween Party started so we said our good-byes for now. We would see them later at the party but we ended up only visiting with them for a few minutes that night.
I think the CM's at Kona were about to kick us out anyway since they were setting up for lunch already.

And, we can blame Chuck's bad back for not being able to cop a squat on the curb with you for the parade that night. But we knew more good times were yet to come in the next week.
cntkg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:08 PM   #152
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Aren't Disney friends the best? I met my BFF through another Disney list and we only get to see each other at Disney now.

Jill in CO
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2014, 08:30 PM   #153
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive

Pass the tissues please....the special friendship between you and Nancy is beautiful beyond words. Made me cry just reading it. What a gift for you two to have found each other on the DIS.
CJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:52 PM   #154
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I am catching up today. your Gaston sounds fabulous. We had a great one too and we just laughed at how concieted he was.
Your MK sounds wonderful and even you CRT visit makes me want to go back, even though I hate the price too. It looks like you had different food options thant we last year. Yours looks better.
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:12 AM   #155
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Aren't Disney friends the best? I met my BFF through another Disney list and we only get to see each other at Disney now.

Jill in CO
They sure are, Jill! The ABSOLUTE Best!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK View Post
Pass the tissues please....the special friendship between you and Nancy is beautiful beyond words. Made me cry just reading it. What a gift for you two to have found each other on the DIS.
I'm thankful each and every day for that gift myself. Cass is so extremely easy to love like that though.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:02 PM   #156
tow-mater-1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post

She migrated to the floor this morning LOL!

Ok... this pic is just priceless!

Lots of hugs later, we composed ourselves long enough to get a group shot.

Nancy and Chuck!

Oh Cass... I just LOVE your reunion pics! I was crying too reading this. It was Nancy and Chuck (and Robin and Dawg) that brought me to you and I'm so glad they did
tow-mater-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:51 PM   #157
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntkg1 View Post
OMG, this stuff was to die for! We're still chipping away at our gift from you and Rob but it's running really low. Guess it's time to go back and get some more, right?

I think I was so hyped up on caffeine that by the time that breakfast was over, I just about ran to the MK that afternoon.

I think the CM's at Kona were about to kick us out anyway since they were setting up for lunch already.

And, we can blame Chuck's bad back for not being able to cop a squat on the curb with you for the parade that night. But we knew more good times were yet to come in the next week.
Rob hasn't even opened his yet! I think he is waiting for a special occasion

I felt so bad for Chuck and his sore back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post

Jill in CO
Totally the best!!! That is awesome about your BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK View Post
Truly a wonderful gift

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I am catching up today. your Gaston sounds fabulous. We had a great one too and we just laughed at how concieted he was.
Your MK sounds wonderful and even you CRT visit makes me want to go back, even though I hate the price too. It looks like you had different food options thant we last year. Yours looks better.
Does Claire still enjoy the princesses? It was a very good meal, better than I thought it would be!

Quote:

I'm thankful each and every day for that gift myself. Cass is so extremely easy to love like that though.
Awww, you're pretty darn easy to love too, babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tow-mater-1 View Post
Ok... this pic is just priceless!

Nancy and Chuck!

Oh Cass... I just LOVE your reunion pics! I was crying too reading this. It was Nancy and Chuck (and Robin and Dawg) that brought me to you and I'm so glad they did
I know! I am so glad they did too

Sorry about yet another lag in updates, folks. I am dealing with more health issues. Hopefully all this crap is behind me now and my road to health is all downhill from here cus this uphill crap, really really sucks!
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:16 PM   #158
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 6 - Part 2 - Sketchers and cankles, oh my!

After our awesome meet up, it was time to run some errands. My sister had asked me to go to Winn Dixie for a particular brand of Melatonin, which was fabulously priced. We ended up at two Winn Dixie's but only one of them had what she was looking for.

Up next was a trip to the Premium Outlets on Vineland Road.

This is how Kira amused herself when we drove anywhere

The reason for this trip was to do some shopping at the Sketchers Outlet Store. I discovered Sketcher's GoWalks on a trip to Vegas in 2012 and I fell in LOVE with them! Not only were they the most awesome walking shoes I have ever had but they were purple!

I've never seen purple GoWalks anywhere else and mine are slightly tattered so I was really hoping I could find some new ones.

Parking was a freaking ZOO here! We drove around for a good 10 minutes and not a single space opened up! Finally, I just had Rob drop Kira and I off so he could go park before I went bonkers

There were no purple GoWalks but I did find some black ones. I was disappointed in their selection but Kira was more than thrilled because they had Twinkle Toes! One of her best pals at school had just gotten a pair of these and Kira was smitten! She also said that her cousin Dani had them so she was thrilled to see them here!

I told her I would buy them for her and she immediately picked out another pair So, we ended up with a pair of Twinkle Toe shoes and boots. I had been hoarding a Sketcher's coupon for almost a whole year knowing I would be visiting during our trip, and since it was an outlet, the prices were not that bad actually.

We looked around a few other stores before it was time to go back to the resort.

This was where my ankles started to bother me and when I first noticed that they were all swollen!

My ankles have never swollen up before like this before! Not even when I was 9 months preggo!

I was starting to have trouble walking, the pain was pretty bad!

I took a pic when I got back to the room.

I now realize that you wouldn't really notice the swelling if you don't know what my ankles normally look like, but trust me, they were fat and swollen!

And my left big toe was also red and very sore! I had been doing pretty darn well, all things considered, up to this point. Thus began my downward slide healthwise. Thankfully, I had made it through the long, full, tough days at the parks!

My wonderful hubby went and got me some ice and I iced them on and off for a good hour! The swelling never did go down but at least I could walk on them without crying out in pain.

After a rest and a snack and a bath for Kira, it was time to get ready for the Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom. We love this party so much, we normally go twice but the prices have gotten a little out of hand and we could only afford one night. What better night than Halloween? We've been there on Halloween twice before and just love the atmosphere. Sure, it's a little more crowded than other nights but still very doable.

Kira had been saving her fave dress for the occasion and had requested that I use her make-up from BBB tonight.

I can see in this pic that my arms and hands were also quite swollen!

She was a very pretty Rapunzel!

With light up shoes

Boy, did those shoes get a LOT of attention that night and for the rest of the trip! More on that later. Time to finish this chapter up
Old 01-08-2014, 04:34 PM   #159
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!

Think I'd look silly with a pair of those Twinkle Toe shoes?

I suppose I'd get away with it at Disney though, right?
Old 01-08-2014, 08:03 PM   #160
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Hi Cass! I have now caught up with your TR and wow, it is even better than your old ones! I love seeing Kira interact with all the princesses. I love how you and Rob go above and beyond to do everything she wants to do, even when you may not be in the mood for any more characters. My parents did the same thing on my childhood Disney trips and I appreciate it so much to this day! Kira will always be happy about it!

I can't believe we were at MNSSHP on the same night. Had I seen you and Rob I totally would have recognized you two from your old reports and website. My friend and I had an amazing experience that night so I can't wait to hear about yours.

I hope you guys are all feeling better too! Happy New Year!
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:59 AM   #161
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Think I'd look silly with a pair of those Twinkle Toe shoes?

I suppose I'd get away with it at Disney though, right?
They don't come in our size I already checked

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
Hi Cass! I have now caught up with your TR and wow, it is even better than your old ones! I love seeing Kira interact with all the princesses. I love how you and Rob go above and beyond to do everything she wants to do, even when you may not be in the mood for any more characters. My parents did the same thing on my childhood Disney trips and I appreciate it so much to this day! Kira will always be happy about it!

I can't believe we were at MNSSHP on the same night. Had I seen you and Rob I totally would have recognized you two from your old reports and website. My friend and I had an amazing experience that night so I can't wait to hear about yours.

I hope you guys are all feeling better too! Happy New Year!
Hi Lia!

Thanks for your wonderfully kind words!

It's all about the princess, right?

It's one of the reasons Rob and I spent the money and went several times before we had Kira. We got to see everything ourselves on those trips, so now we go for her But I am looking forward to the day when she will be more into the rides and less into waiting in line for characters

Oh, too bad you didn't see us there that night! This was the first trip since 2003 that we didn't run into any DISers (that wasn't planned already, that is!) so it would have been lovely to see you

As usual, we loved MNSSHP! Hopefully I can get to that later today
Old 01-10-2014, 02:42 PM   #162
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 6 - Part 3 - Two fairies and a captured pirate!

On our way out to the vehicle, I noticed a nice little detail that we have passed a good dozen times and hadn't noticed before...

Do you see it? Love the magical little touches like this!

Just after 3pm, we headed out for MK! We parked quite a ways away so we had to tram it today...

Kira chose monorail...again LOL!

Obviously not very happy about her choice

Surprisingly, at around 3:45pm, they were letting MNSSHP guests through the gates!

Got our bands and treat bags (which we never even used!)...

Stopped for a quick photo op, of course!

And then we were on a mission to see some fairies! I think we had met just about everybody but the Fairies and Merida, so those were our two early goals this evening.

The wait for the Fairies was quite long but thankfully it was indoors!

I would say about 25 minutes later, it was Kira's turn!

Notice the CM's? They were talking about Kira's shoes

First up was Rosetta!

Tink was just there waiting, bored apparently, so she started drawing lines on the carpet LOL!

Rosetta was rather impressed with all of Kira's doodling in her autograph book and called Tink over to check it out...

Then Tink took her book and signed it for her...

And then a nice little pose...

And then funniest thing happened...

Tink made the observation about Kira's daddy being a Pirate and that she would have to watch out all night because this was the night all the pirates came out. I can't remember exactly how it went down, but that led to Rob talking about getting photos of Tink with pirates which led to Rob saying something like "I bet you don't have any photos of you capturing any pirates!" and before we all knew it, he was on the floor in front of them telling them to put their feet on him and take a pic

The Photopass guy AND Tink were so stunned they just looked at him for a while not sure what to do LOL!

The PP guy starting laughing REALLY loud and was saying something about Halloween Night and seeing crazy things

Tink just could not bring herself to "step" on Rob, Kira, however, had no problems stepping on her Daddy

Old 01-10-2014, 03:19 PM   #163
tow-mater-1
DIS Veteran

Love the update Cass! Rob makes a great pirate I was laughing so hard at the pic of him lying down

Hey were you dressed up? I wanna see pics!
tow-mater-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 03:52 PM   #164
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 6 - Part 4 - Planetary Boogie and Twinkle Toes

Next goal? Merida!

We got there about 10 minutes before the meet time was scheduled to start so we had to get in the very long line outside of the area.

I had gone up to ask the CM a question. Everyone seemed to be asking the same question, how long until the meet starts but I had a different question. Of course, right at this moment, I can't remember what my question was but instead of listening to my actual question, this very rude CM just told me "10 minutes"

I was a little confused and repeated the question and before I could even finish it, she cut me off and SHOUTED to me "I said 10 minutes!!!"

I was so shocked that I just got yelled at by a WDW CM that I just stood there with my mouth open staring at her.

She then realized that she might have stepped over the line a little and softly repeated "10 more minutes until the meet starts".

I just looked at her and loudly said, in a very sarcastic tone "That wasn't my question but thanks a lot, you were very helpful", gave her a dirty look and walked away.

I seriously have never seen an attitude like it in all my Disney trips! And she wasn't just pissy with me, she was like that with everyone!

Yes, I'm sure she gets the same question a billion times a day but honey, this is Disney World, if you can't answer dumb questions politely, you shouldn't be working for Disney and you really shouldn't be working at a character meet and greet!!!

Blue shirt, khaki pants, BAD attitude...

Finally they opened up the area and we all herded in like good cows...errr...tourists.

Rob mentioned she looked a little old for Merida but my 6 year-old didn't care

Okay, cha-ching! Our two primary pre-party goals, done!!!

I made the unilateral decision to stop and have a little break. A little tradition for Rob and I that we gladly kept up with Kira over the years is always stopping to enjoy Sonny Eclipse inside Cosmic Rays.

We've had all his songs on our computer for many years now and Kira has grown up listening to them so knows them and loves them as much as we do

I told them to grab a seat and enjoy while I got a little snack. They had eaten at the hotel but I was busy icing my ankles so I was getting a little peckish so I just got some fries and a drink.

Well, apparently they were peckish too because they "helped" me finish my fries in like 6.2 seconds

So back I went and this time I got an order of strips and fries to share

Which were devoured in just a slightly longer time period LOL!

Since Kira's first trip, at the age of 10 months, a new tradition started, with her and her daddy dancing to Sonny. I love that footage!!!

That stuff is on the camcorder, which I haven't even sifted through yet but I did take a little footage of my girl dancing on my iphone...she was being a little goofy here

After our Sonny fix, we ventured into Tomorrowland again!! OMG! That makes it twice now this trip we walked over there!

We rode Wedway, a Halloween Party at dusk tradition for us...

And then we hit up Buzz too!

That ride just hurts my joints but I really enjoyed watching my family make funny faces while they tried to conquer the evil emperor Zurg

Darkness had fallen at the Magic Kingdom, which thrilled my little princess Rapunzel because now her shoes REALLY lit up!

I will leave you with little video I took in line at Monster Inc Laugh Floor...

She sure loved those shoes! As did everyone else

Last edited by Timon; 01-14-2014 at 09:43 AM.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:35 PM   #165
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Yes, Claire is still into princesses and I think she still thinks they are real too.

We have had twinkle toes or generic version in the past too. Boy those are quite the hit. To bad you couldn't find your purple shoes again....those were darn cute.
If it makes you feel better your swollen ankle looks like my every day ankle. LOL
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: