Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2014, 05:55 PM   #1
jamarmiller
Mouseketeer

What's next ? For disney animated princess movies ?

So , what's disneys next princess movie ? With the success of frozen, seems like the whole disney princess movie thing is back ??

I can't find anything on the net ?
jamarmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:26 PM   #2
disneylovin24
~Let It Go~

I don't know the answer to this but I am curious as to what others may say.

Disney Princess films have certainly been successful and common lately (Princess and the Frog, Tangled, Brave and Frozen) and that may lead to more, but at the same time maybe Disney will try to step away from princesses now since they have done a few

Of course Disney could just focus on Princess Leah now too

disneylovin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2014, 06:33 PM   #3
grossmansr
Mouseketeer

I don't know but I hope they use a classic fairytale. Hansel and Gretel maybe? I know it's not a princess story but I think it would be cool to see a brother and sister team. Something for the boys too, you know?
grossmansr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:36 PM   #4
wdwgreg
Mouseketeer

They haven't done an animal led movie for a long time, and a lot of the classics are such as Bambi, (Jungle book sort of) fox and hound,aristocats lion king etc
wdwgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:55 PM   #5
mvk
Mouseketeer

You'd probably be smart to look at Hans Christian Anderson or the Grimm Brothers Fairy Tales for the next movie. Most of the princess movies have been adaptations of stories from those two places.

Something I can see being done is a take on Little Red Riding Hood. They tackled it a bit in Once Upon A Time, but maybe an animated version could turn into a princess story. They haven't stayed exactly true to the original tales, so it can be adapted so that the girl is a princess.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see historical stories ala Pocahontas or Mulan. Two that might work into an adaptation could be Joan of Arc and Amelia Earheart. Might be a little tougher to do those, but I'm sure a fine story can be made.

Something I'd really like to be adapted would be the story of Salvatore Giuliano. It would obviously needed to be lightened up, and a princess character would have to be written into it, but I think that is a fantastic story, and it would provide something for girls and boys. Mario Puzo fictionalized the story in his book The Sicilian. Like I said, it would have to be cleaned up quite a bit, but there is a good skeleton of story in there. Plus, it would give them another 'Epcot Princess' that they can put out for Meet & Greets in the Italy Pavillion.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:29 PM   #6
old lady
DIS Veteran

Most fairy tales that Disney has done are based on European version of what fairy tales is. Take on fairy tales from mostly hans christians anderson or grimm brothers. Other non -European countries have fairytales, too. How about a spooky Japanese fairytale?
Old 01-10-2014, 06:54 AM   #7
disneylovin24
~Let It Go~

I think Little Red Riding Hood will come eventually even if she is not a princess. It's one of the few classic tales Disney has not tackled yet. I'm sure Disney would add some of its own elements to make it their own and not to confuse it with other films

Maybe they could tie in the animal factor and make Red the wolf like in Once Upon a Time, but is that too scary for little kids? Maybe

Old 01-10-2014, 07:06 AM   #8
mvk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylovin24 View Post
I think Little Red Riding Hood will come eventually even if she is not a princess. It's one of the few classic tales Disney has not tackled yet. I'm sure Disney would add some of its own elements to make it their own and not to confuse it with other films

Maybe they could tie in the animal factor and make Red the wolf like in Once Upon a Time, but is that too scary for little kids? Maybe
I think more likely it would be that Red's stepmother sends her to her grandmother's house, then plots with the wolf to take care of her. Red would meet a prince in the beginning and he would be the one who shows up near the end for the big rescue.

I'm sure it would have more twists and surprises than that, but that would probably be the basic premise.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:53 AM   #9
disneylovin24
~Let It Go~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvk View Post
I think more likely it would be that Red's stepmother sends her to her grandmother's house, then plots with the wolf to take care of her. Red would meet a prince in the beginning and he would be the one who shows up near the end for the big rescue.

I'm sure it would have more twists and surprises than that, but that would probably be the basic premise.
But would Disney really have to make it in to a princess movie? I think they could do it without making her a princess.

If they really want to do another princess movie they haven't tackled the Princess and the Pea yet. I feel like a lot of funny things could be done with that one!

Old 01-12-2014, 01:36 AM   #10
mvk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
But would Disney really have to make it in to a princess movie? I think they could do it without making her a princess.

If they really want to do another princess movie they haven't tackled the Princess and the Pea yet. I feel like a lot of funny things could be done with that one!
The story is already well know enough that it would help market itself, much like Tangled (everyone knows the Rapunzel story) and Princess and the Frog (everyone knows the kissing a frog story).

I guess they don't have to necessarily make it a Princess movie, but that seems like a natural to me.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:24 PM   #11
skittlesfirehawk
Mouseketeer

i would like to see a spanish or gay princess
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:29 PM   #12
yanks1417
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvk View Post
You'd probably be smart to look at Hans Christian Anderson or the Grimm Brothers Fairy Tales for the next movie. Most of the princess movies have been adaptations of stories from those two places. Something I can see being done is a take on Little Red Riding Hood. They tackled it a bit in Once Upon A Time, but maybe an animated version could turn into a princess story. They haven't stayed exactly true to the original tales, so it can be adapted so that the girl is a princess. I also wouldn't be surprised to see historical stories ala Pocahontas or Mulan. Two that might work into an adaptation could be Joan of Arc and Amelia Earheart. Might be a little tougher to do those, but I'm sure a fine story can be made. Something I'd really like to be adapted would be the story of Salvatore Giuliano. It would obviously needed to be lightened up, and a princess character would have to be written into it, but I think that is a fantastic story, and it would provide something for girls and boys. Mario Puzo fictionalized the story in his book The Sicilian. Like I said, it would have to be cleaned up quite a bit, but there is a good skeleton of story in there. Plus, it would give them another 'Epcot Princess' that they can put out for Meet & Greets in the Italy Pavillion.
I like these ideas! I think another Epcot Princess is a great idea too, although, I think the addition of Frozen into the Showcase needs to die down a bit.
yanks1417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:18 PM   #13
ToyStoryMania1
Earning My Ears

New Princess

In terms of Princesses I think if they are going European I say Spanish (as in Spain) or Portuguese. A princess from a remote Pacific Island might be a nice change as well which can tie in with the Polynesian.

I think there needs to be a Disney movie that markets male characters a little better too though. Not that boys can't appreciate the Princesses, but it would be nice to have a different type of movie that isn't....well Planes or Cars.
ToyStoryMania1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:20 PM   #14
disneylovin24
~Let It Go~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyStoryMania1 View Post
In terms of Princesses I think if they are going European I say Spanish (as in Spain) or Portuguese. A princess from a remote Pacific Island might be a nice change as well which can tie in with the Polynesian.

I think there needs to be a Disney movie that markets male characters a little better too though. Not that boys can't appreciate the Princesses, but it would be nice to have a different type of movie that isn't....well Planes or Cars.
I would not mind another Cars, but another Planes...PLEASE NO! I know Planes 2 is in the works and I just pray it is better. What a bad movie, or at least I thought so. I don't know if it was just a letdown after Cars or if the plot was really weak and too simple.

Old 01-12-2014, 09:30 PM   #15
ToyStoryMania1
Earning My Ears

Cars and planes

Quote:
I would not mind another Cars, but another Planes...PLEASE NO! I know Planes 2 is in the works and I just pray it is better. What a bad movie, or at least I thought so. I don't know if it was just a letdown after Cars or if the plot was really weak and too simple.
Ya Planes needs to stop being made at 2. Cars was good, but I don't want them to overdue it with a third installment. How Planes got the green light frustrates me.
ToyStoryMania1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: