Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 09:37 AM   #1591
vas221
Earning My Ears

I know that Disney had big time problems with fraud and who had a disability and who didn't, as a company that make billions a year why can't they crate a website that only doctors have access to and fill out a short questionnaire and official diagnosis, and also the doctor can include the disney travel confirmation number and link it all together. When you arrive at the resort you still have to get a card with the photo on it and when you get to the rides the card has to be scanned to verify that the card is still valid.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:41 AM   #1592
Vidia2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vas221 View Post
I know that Disney had big time problems with fraud and who had a disability and who didn't, as a company that make billions a year why can't they crate a website that only doctors have access to and fill out a short questionnaire and official diagnosis, and also the doctor can include the disney travel confirmation number and link it all together. When you arrive at the resort you still have to get a card with the photo on it and when you get to the rides the card has to be scanned to verify that the card is still valid.
Really?
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2014, 11:54 AM   #1593
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vas221 View Post
Because of a pesky little thing called laws.

Why would anyone want all their medical info plugged into a website?!
Old 01-09-2014, 03:34 AM   #1594
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vas221
Because the DAS is intended to provide "Equal" access and under ADA laws one cannot be forced to prove a disability in order to obtain equal access. If they were giving "better access" then Disney could choose to require proof....but we all know Disney is not going to provide "better access", so they cannot require proof.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:19 PM   #1595
asc
Mouseketeer

looking into information for a person planning on a visit with someone with stage 4 terminal lung cancer. anticipate that at the time, will be in the middle of chemo and will be extremely tired so probably will have a mobility assitance device but if not, really the need would be to be provided with an area where she can sit and wait before needing to go on the ride...i think they would just get the DAS and do the whole return at the time noted? my question is that when you return at the time noted, do you just go into a separate line? i anticipate that even in some more shortened line (such as the FP line) that might be too much standing...[hard to say really]
Old 01-09-2014, 05:00 PM   #1596
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc View Post
looking into information for a person planning on a visit with someone with stage 4 terminal lung cancer. anticipate that at the time, will be in the middle of chemo and will be extremely tired so probably will have a mobility assitance device but if not, really the need would be to be provided with an area where she can sit and wait before needing to go on the ride...i think they would just get the DAS and do the whole return at the time noted? my question is that when you return at the time noted, do you just go into a separate line? i anticipate that even in some more shortened line (such as the FP line) that might be too much standing...[hard to say really]
You would either go into the FP line or the wheelchair line. There wouldn't be a way to avoid these two options, and sometimes the wheelchair line can get pretty lengthy with folks needing HA vehicles.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:41 AM   #1597
luvmybts
Earning My Ears

We are arriving Friday afternoon, but weren't planning on going to parks until Saturday morning. Can I go to Guest Services outside of MK and get my son's DAS card so we don't have to wait in a line on Sat? Wasn't sure if this was possible or not.

Old 01-11-2014, 11:12 AM   #1598
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmybts View Post
We are arriving Friday afternoon, but weren't planning on going to parks until Saturday morning. Can I go to Guest Services outside of MK and get my son's DAS card so we don't have to wait in a line on Sat? Wasn't sure if this was possible or not.
Yes, it's possible at any park.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:45 AM   #1599
Belle1962
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411 View Post
Looping is going on the same ride multiple times in a row, with the old GAC this was an easy task, but it requires preplanning with the DAS. My YDD is a looper and I just give up my FP+ and use the DAS in conjunction to enable her to ride 3x on the rides she is obsessed with.

She mostly loops on what I call high pressure rides. Mission Space, ToT, RNRC and EE. Something about the pressure on your body , she craves...and I hate so it works out well. LOL oh and teacups, she would stay on the teacups all day if she was allowed. I don't understand how she doesn't feel sick from spinning??
Thank you. My grandson's largest re-ride records may have to stay. (It was getting harder for him to "beat" them anyway. (example: Expedition Everest 11 times; Goofy's roller coaster 14 times).

It will be nice to go to a park and be able to do more than 3 or 4 attractions.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:35 PM   #1600
bocaj1431
Mouseketeer

Sorry, if this has been posted before. Are the DAP paper like the GAC? I had problems with the GAC getting wet last year and want to know, if maybe I should purchase a waterproof pouch for it.

Thanks
Old 01-11-2014, 06:55 PM   #1601
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocaj1431 View Post
Sorry, if this has been posted before. Are the DAP paper like the GAC? I had problems with the GAC getting wet last year and want to know, if maybe I should purchase a waterproof pouch for it.

Thanks
It's paper.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:43 AM   #1602
CPT Tripss
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle1962 View Post
Thank you. My grandson's largest re-ride records may have to stay. (It was getting harder for him to "beat" them anyway. (example: Expedition Everest 11 times; Goofy's roller coaster 14 times).

It will be nice to go to a park and be able to do more than 3 or 4 attractions.
Gosh, I was never able to do this as a TAB. Preferential access?
Old 01-13-2014, 03:38 PM   #1603
Belle1962
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT Tripss View Post
Gosh, I was never able to do this as a TAB. Preferential access?
No--staying at the park LATE on EMH nights when they were after park closings for the MK--no line at Goofy's. For EE -single rider line (again near closing time) afte the first use of GAC.

As a rule of thumb we try not to be at the big rides during the day.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:38 PM   #1604
Iggipolka

DIS Veteran

Is the DAS issued for length of stay for resort guests, or do we need to get a new one each day?
Thanks.

DVC owners at AKV, VGC & Aulani
Old 01-13-2014, 04:41 PM   #1605
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggipolka View Post
Is the DAS issued for length of stay for resort guests, or do we need to get a new one each day?
Thanks.
Length of stay.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: