Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2014, 12:57 PM   #1
Dayzy
Earning My Ears

I need DDP explained to me like I'm 5.

I'm new to DDP. I've always stayed off property before. Our trip will be 2 adults and 2 children. We were looking at the deluxe plan because I know us and we're going to want to sit down at lunch and relax and most likely do the same for dinner. Breakfast will likely be quick service though. So how does the Deluxe plan work? Since I can mix and match my QS and TS meals is there a point value attached? Is QS worth 1 pt and TS worth 2, and then If I have had more QS will there be "points" left at the end of the week to do character dining which is worth more?
Thanks, I hope this made some sort of sense.
Dayzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:09 PM   #2
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Deluxe plan: 3 meal credits per night, 2 snack credits per night. Per person. You get all the credits at the same time when you check in and you can use them anytime.

Meal credits can be for either TS or CS. Your choice. Everything is one credit unless you choose a restaurant that costs 2 credits per person (usually called "signature" restaurants). There are several of these, but the majority are one credit. All character meals except Cinderella's Royal Table are 1 credit per person (some include Mickey's Backyard Barbecue as a 2 credit character meal, but it's classified as a dinner show.)

If you want your money's worth, the trick is to use as few of your credits for CS as possible. Those who want to maximize the plan and don't want 3 full table service meals a day usually go for a table service breakfast (pick a buffet or family style for greatest value) or early lunch, and a signature restaurant (2 credits) for dinner.

If you can, do not use credits for breakfast CS. This is the worst monetary deal out there. A CS breakfast does not include either appetizer or dessert and you might as well just buy the breakfasts if you want them, saving the credit value for a 2 credit TS or more single credit TS.
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2014, 01:26 PM   #3
Dayzy
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much!
Dayzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:45 PM   #4
serene56
DIS Veteran

I used allears.net to figure out where we were eating and what it will cost. Added in the tax. (gotta figure the tip is not included if we pay out of pocket or using the dining plan so did not include that)

Eating sit downs for both lunch and dinner will factor heavy on the tips too.

but anyways.
We were 2 adults a 1 disney kid (she was 8

dining plan would cost us 959.
But I took $800 and put it on a gift card for the 3 of us and came home with $6.36 so for us the dining plan was not worth the money
Old 01-08-2014, 05:42 PM   #5
Mannickb
Earning My Ears

Sharing on Dining plan

We had a good deal on DIning Plan with the offer Stay Play and dine. I want to Know if my 11 years-old can share her adult meal with her younger sister at cs and at Ts restaurant ( not the buffet ones, of course) so we could keep the child credits for light fares?

Luc

Marie-Annick
Léa-Maude, 13,
Emma,10,

Marie-Jeanne, 7,
Mannickb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:29 AM   #6
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Most likely, but not at fixed price restaurants (Cinderella's or Akershus), family style (like 'Ohana or Garden Grill) dinner shows, or Via Napoli. All these places require each guest to use a credit.

If you have one child on your reservation, you won't be able to order more than one child's meal at a time at a TS restaurant.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:27 AM   #7
summermac
DIS Veteran

You could always go OOP. At least compare the two.
Jun 2009 - Caribbean Beach Resort
May 2001 - offsite
May 1998 - All Star Music
summermac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 04:19 PM   #8
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Here is the PDF for the 2014 Deluxe plan, it may help you a bit.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/me...luxeDining.pdf

Good Luck!

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 OKW - July 2015 AKV Kidani June 2016
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:18 PM   #9
jude&jonah
Mouseketeer

If I were you, I personally would do the regular dining plan which includes 1 TS, 1 QS, and 1 S and find better QS places to eat at vs. the crappier ones. You can find some really nice places (Wolfgang Puck Express, Earl of Sandwich, all around Epcot, Sunshine Seasons, etc.)

Then you could always pay for like 2 or so lunches OOP for the days you really want to sit down more formally for lunch and dinner.

I love the DxDP for going to a lot of signature restaurants that cost 2 credits- but I could be wrong- but I'm guessing with 2 kids you won't be doing a ton of this? If so- then DxDP can be great- but if you don't plan on doing the fancier restaurants- I think the DxDP is a lot of money. It means sit down breakfast, lunch, and dinner with very little park time remaining.

1995- Caribbean Beach / 1998 x2- Boardwalk & Fort Wilderness / 2002- Sheraton Vistana
2006- Sheraton Vistana / 2006 to 2007- Grand Floridian Cast Member /
2011- Coronado Springs / 2013 Caribbean Beach & Polynesian Split-Stay / 2014 POR FQ
Planning a magical honeymoon for Sept 2015!
jude&jonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:21 PM   #10
jude&jonah
Mouseketeer

Also the nice thing about paying for some lunches OOP- is you can pick less expensive places that are very cheap OOP. For instance, I think it's kind of magical to sit at The Plaza on main street and watch the parade go by or just watch the crowds through the windows. A burger and fries is like 12.00 and since I'm doing a nicer dinner- I figure why not make lunch the best of both worlds- casual and cheap- and yet a sit down.

Again tho- if you intend to do a bunch of the 2 point signature restaurants- I think the DxDP would be worth it.

1995- Caribbean Beach / 1998 x2- Boardwalk & Fort Wilderness / 2002- Sheraton Vistana
2006- Sheraton Vistana / 2006 to 2007- Grand Floridian Cast Member /
2011- Coronado Springs / 2013 Caribbean Beach & Polynesian Split-Stay / 2014 POR FQ
Planning a magical honeymoon for Sept 2015!
jude&jonah is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: