Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2014, 10:54 AM   #1
oklamomof4boys
DIS Veteran

Cozumel adventure park- a review

It was just DH and me on our last cruise. We thought we would try something new to see if our kids would like it. We wanted to try zip lining. We went to Cozumal Adventure park- I was a little hesitant. Pictures made it look like the zip lining was just in the middle of a resort. I couldn't find reviews on disboards but other places gave it decent reviews. You first went training. The staff was nice and tried to be entertaining. The place was clean. There were lockers to store your stuff ($5 but you got back$2). The zip lining was 4 towers in a grassy area- they were not very long. You had to go across a rope bridge or a suspension bridge to get to some of the zip lines. The lady in front of me got scared on the rope bridge (the first one was kind of scary for me- maybe because I was stuck on it for quite a while since she had trouble getting across. She was done after that and didn't do any zip lining. Some of the towers you have to repel down (which was fun). After that you had the option to rock climb the towers. They want your entire excursion group to stay together before moving on to snorkeling. Our group was small (5 people!) but I saw some that had as many as 40 ( not Disney groups. I don't know the max Disney allows in a group) but I think it would get pretty boring waiting for everyone to finish. Then we went snorkeling. The only place I have snorkeled is Castaway Cay so I really can't compare it to much. We saw more fish than we do at CC but most of them were the same kind. After that is finished you can stay at the beach for a few hours (I guess it depends on how long your group took) and they will call you a taxi (price included) whenever you want to go back to port. One drink was included. Oh, and when we were getting off the ship they told us we could get a towel if we wanted one but they had towels at the resort. They failed to tell us you had to rent them!

I guess if you wanted a very small taste of zip lining, it would be good for you but we didn't think it was worth the $75

Nathan's magical wish trip- Pre trip report [/U]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1866940
WDW twice including Nathan's MAW trip to WDW
8 cruises and counting- almost Platinum!
Disneyland- over 14 times and counting
oklamomof4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:24 AM   #2
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Hi Carol, good review! I don't think it's something that Scott and I would be interested in, (well, he would be, but I hate heights!) but glad you were the guinea pigs!

Jenny & Scott
2000-POFQ, 2005-FW, 2006-FW, 2008-FW, Feb 2009-CBR/POFQ, Sept 2009-ASM,2010 BWI/WL/AKL/DCL Magic Western, July 2011 BWI/DCL Dream, Nov 2011 FW/AKL, May 2012 GF/DCL Fantasy-Eastern/BWI, Oct 2012 DCL Magic-Western, Feb 2013 DCL Magic-Cozumel, Apr 2013 DCL Magic-CC/WDW/KW, Sept 2013 - DCL Wonder-Bahamas, Dec 2013 - DCL Wonder-NYE-Cozumel, March 2014 - DCL Magic-4 night, Patiently waiting for: Nov 2014-Dream, Nov 2015- DCL Wonder B2B-Western & Bahamas-Galveston, DCL Wonder 2015 NYE Cruise-Bahamas-Galveston
ukintheus is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2014, 03:33 PM   #3
jrabbit
DIS Veteran

If you want to do "real" ziplining, try the XPLOR park excursion in Cozumel. They ferry you across to Playa del Carmen on the mainland, then its a short bus ride to the park. They have free lockers (I think they were "free").

There are two ziplining circuits with about 10 lines each. Pretty High, Pretty Long, Pretty Fast. A few of them you land in water. In the middle of one of the circuits is a water slide you go down holding / wearing your ziplining equipment) I would do one and then the other back to back, so you don't have to wait in line again the "suit up"

After ziplining, you can go to a pretty good lunch ("free") and then decide if you want to drive the jeeps or go swimming in the underground river or "paddle rafting" in said river.

The "free's" are in quotes because this excursion used to cost about $200 per person before the latest rate increases (now $232/ person ). OK instead of the word "Free" I should have used "Included". We are going to do this again this spring.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:44 PM   #4
JohnDS
DIS Veteran

good review.
JohnDS is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: