Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2014, 01:58 AM   #1396
Viva Las Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
And here's a glimpse behind the door..
The suspense is killing me but that is the best cliff hanger ever! Just a glimpse...

So excited for the next update.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:02 AM   #1397
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Hi there everyone! I have a few comments to get through... and then I'll pick this back up and get the next part updated. Who knew there would be so much interest in what is behind that little door!

My apologies for posting and then disappearing. I do have an excuse. I took the day off work yesterday because we got new carpet both upstairs and downstairs. And if that wasn't enough, at 1pm in the afternoon I suckered my DH into painting the living room with me. Needless to say I've been getting my house back in order and catching up at work today so I've been very busy for the last 48 hours.

I have read through all the comments and want to say THANK YOU to everyone that has let me know you are following along even if this was your first time dropping by. Seriously, thank you.

Similar to what we've all heard with air travel, 'You have your choice in reading TRs and I thank you for stopping by mine.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Wow! Wow! WOW!

I can only imagine that you must have been out of your mind with excitement at this point. Not only getting to meet Dean and his wife and get tons of wonderful PP pictures, but to tour the DS! That is truly beyond a dream! I imagine that it was pretty hard to focus and take pictures. The whole experience must have been beyond amazing.

I love your new bag. It's gorgeous and good for you for having a spontaneous purchase without a lot of deliberation! You'll always have it to remember this special day!
Hi Mary Ellen! It was an experience that we'll never forget but we were so blessed to even have someone think to ask on our behalf.

Thanks and I think if I had been coherent I may have stopped myself from making that purchase. The bag is a nice little remembrance of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
So, so, so exciting!!! I am giddy in my chair just waiting for it!

I loved the photo of Dean trying to dance like the other CM in the parade (her name excapes me) - I watch her every single time there's a parade, she is so funny - and she just screams "happiness"!

Anxiously awaiting another update!

D~ <---- BTW... The book is awesome - thank you! I love that it's broken up into many stories, so I can pick it up and put it down on a whim - however - I find it hard to put down! LOVE IT!!!!
Thanks D~!

Ha ha! I have several photos of Dean interacting with Barb on Main Street and chose that one! It was funny though seeing him try to dance like her.

Oh, I'm so glad that you are enjoying the book. It is easy to read in brief spurts since the chapters don't tend to be too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Oh that Mayor! He's awfully frisky, isn't he?
Wow, I think my heart would have just stopped when learning I would get to tour the DS. Now that's a heck of a surprise! Those pics in front of the parade are adorable.
Nice purchase on the Dooney bag! Like Mary Ellen said, you'll always have that to remember the special tour.
Oooooh I can't wait to see the rest!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Hi Wendy! Yep, the Mayor is indeed a smooch guy.

It took a few moments for it to sink in since we are nobody and we were invited into the DS.

Ha ha! Yep, Dean was a dancing fool for a moment there.

I think I agree now, I like my little keepsake to remember the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlenellbell View Post
So excited to read about your tour! What an amazing - unexpected surprise!!! You are so right............your eyes will be forever drawn right to those windows every time you walk by the back/side of the castle. It is such a special place!!
Hi Kristy!! It was a huge surprise bomb dropped on us. NOT like you though who actually STAYED inside there! I linked your TR earlier in my review since I wanted people to read about your experience of actually staying there. That was before you posted all about the party and special treatment with your plaid which made it even better.

Exactly, I will always look up at those windows and remember... During our December trip I took more photos of the same windows and of the door in the corridor.

Thanks for reading!

Note to anyone interested in reading about someone's experience of actually staying IN the DS. Read littlenellbelle's Boo To You and The Castle Suite Too TR linked in her signature.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2014, 02:07 AM   #1398
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Every time I read about someone meeting someone that is just dripping with so much Disney history, I just get chills. What an amazing thing to be a part of for so long! God bless these souls that make so much magic for us all to enjoy. I love it!

Oh..and about your one person wave…I must say, once I accomplished this. I used to work for a video-conferencing company and before the conference is set up, you just see yourself on the video. There was a second or so delay so I very successfully did a one person wave. I was far more amused that I should've been. It's the little things.

I am sooooo eagerly anticipating your DS pics!! OMG OMG OMG…what a dream come true! I am in tears and we haven't even gone inside yet!!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

princess_momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:28 AM   #1399
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

A few more replies and then I'm stopping for the night.... I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I've been lurking long for while both here and on your Dining Report, but I wanted to come out of hiding and say hello!

I love how much fun you and your daughter seem to have together! That's the kind of relationship I hope to have with DD6 someday.

Thanks for the link to Dean's book. I'm always on the lookout for a great Disney read, I'm sure I'll order it soon.

Looking forward to hearing more!
Hi Shannon! I'm delighted you are here and I'm glad that I discovered your TR as well. It's so funny that many times I focus on my subscriptions and try to keep up with everything and unaware of some wonderful reports like yours that I have completely missed. I've expanded my horizons and I'm following along! (It's late, I hope that made sense and didn't sound like I'm a snob. )

I really wish that I had "discovered" mother/daughter trips sooner. I can imagine the memories that you are building for Maddie even now while she is still young. That's awesome.

Certainly! It's a wonderful book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
I squealed when I saw you posted this! I just cannot imagine the excitement that must have been flowing, following that surprise. Wow, wow, wow.

Thank you for showing us the windows and door! I must check them out next time now that I know what's there.

This is just amazing.
Hi Kelli! Ahhh I'm glad you were excited to read. You were probably thinking... Finally! Yes, it only took me over 4 months to get here. And yes, I may have squealed myself.

Now that you know what is behind that door you won't pass it by without thought again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
Brenda I see your TR posts on the Facebook group and had to pop over & read about your visit to Cinderella's Suite....and of course I have to start at the beginnning!!

Just read your intro, and your Grand Marshall story from a few years back. what a great time and a fun writing style. I'm in.!!! I'm a slow DIS'er...not enough hours in the day for me, but I'll be catching up & commenting as I can.
Hi Moira! I'm glad that you chose to come over and read. Thanks!

No worries, I'm just glad to know you are here and following!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessM View Post
Ahhh Brenda, I'm so excited to hear all about the DS tour! It sounds absolutely amazing and I love the reaction pictures, I would have reacted the same way!

I'm ashamed to say I've never met the mayor, even though he seems a bit too frisky I'll have to find him next time

I stay FAR away from the Dooney's for that exact reason. I could easily talk myself into buying one. I'm going to crack soon I know it, they are just SO pretty. I LOVE the one you picked out! I think I'd get the most use out of one that size.
Thanks Jess! yeah, that was my re-enactment not to be confused with the scene from Home Alone where Kevin tries his dad's after shave. I was definitely going for surprise!!

Oh my! The Mayor likes the ladies and you are cute and young so please be careful. (Don't say I didn't warn you! )

There's so many Disney Dooney styles out right now. It's hard not to miss them so if you are having a moment of weakness you may have to stay away from the shops.

I was a little skeptical about the size of the bag since I prefer a tote where I an fit a lot in my bag. However, it is perfect for days that I don't want to be a pack mule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie170 View Post
Uuuuugggggghhhhhhh!!!!! Please hurry with the next post!

Cute Dooney you selected. I shop the same way. Rationalize and overanalyze every purchase. I'm always checking return policies for my buyers remorse selections.

Um, that mayor is something else. He's kind of lucky you're so good natured.
Ha ha! I will try! I have to thank you for reading first!

Thanks, I do like my new Dooney. I over think everything so why not this? I hear you about the return policy. You just never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW2012 View Post
Are you all FB friends or is there some super exclusive FB group? I always see people reference FB and get slighly jealous Maybe I should get my butt out of lurker mode and start posting ;-)

Brenda, thanks for the update. I look forward to seeing the big reveal. Those pictures with the Mayor were cracking me up. He sure did look feisty!!!
I know there are different FB groups for people going in certain months and for other group travels. This FB group I don't even remember how it was started or who is the "owner"... In fact, I don't even know who invited me!! If you FB friend me I can let you into our Dis group. (I think! ) You can always PM me as well.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:02 PM   #1400
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

EEK!!! HOW EXCITING! To just be like, "Hey, would you like to visit the Dream Suite today?" I can't even imagine how ecstatic you were in that moment! And DARN YOU for that teaser!!! Just kidding, I can't wait to see all your posts from inside the suite!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:23 PM   #1401
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

My goodness does the Mayor love you. Is there a Mrs. Mayor? If not, i'm sure he'd pick you!

Great Dooney purchase. Now you'll always correlate your DS high with the bag

NOOOOO! Hate mail being sent.....now! Very excited for the tour

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:25 PM   #1402
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Argh! I just noticed that the responses I did last night didn't update for some of these so.... trying again. I don't want some of you to think I'm ignoring you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
Brenda, I am so amazed at how many people you know at WDW; I'm going to start using your name around Disney from now on. At check-in... Yep thanks for the presidential suite ohh you also say it is a theme park view. At ADR's... Thank you, love the view from this window...appetizers complements of the house, thank you. At park entrance... An all day unlimited FP for my entire party, thank you..
Hi Bob! Welcome back. Sorry that our December dates didn't overlap. It would have been wonderful to meet you.

Ha ha! Don't forget, thanks, I do believe we are free at 3pm to be the parade Grand Marshals!

Quote:
August 23rd is an important day every year in the Goofy4prez household. It was on that date 27 years ago my DW's (Carolyn) dreams came true. Yep, she said "I do" to her Prince Charming. Yikes, how did that flying object come from the other room. Yes dear, it was my dreams come true.
Ahhh I'm sure your DW is very glad that the slipper fit - even all these years later. I've seen a family photo that you posted before and there's definitely a true love look in her eyes!

Quote:
As for the mayor; I would say there is a bit too many hormones raging through his system. But too his defense, he does have good taste.

Quote:
My wife is much like you when it comes to impulse buying; She is the one that is more reserved and thinks it through. As for me, when I turned 40 I purchased a "Screaming Yellow" 2014 Mach 1 Mustang. I warned her that I would love to see the 2015 Mustang Shelby GT350... Oh, I turn 50 in five days.
Happy early birthday! I'm 90 days behind you my friend. This is my big 5-0 year as well.

Here's a little something for you... it's the least I could do.

Quote:
My point with impulse buying, while my DW went to take a little detour for a moment (as KatMark calls them, bio breaks, LOL), I ran into the store quickly, pondered for a few seconds which seemed like an hour, and bought my wonderful wife one of these pictured below. She squaked about the price for a few moments when she got back, but it didn't take her very long to transfer her stuff from her old purse into this one and have it hanging over her shoulder in time for the DIS meet that evening.

Very well done! What a great bag and perfect timing for the Dismeet. Your DW may take more frequent bio breaks in the future....

Quote:
Brenda, I will end with this, your trip reports are among the most enjoyable things about the DIS. I look forward to them.
Thank you so much Bob! Your kind comments are always appreciated! I definitely look forward to your responses and although I can't actually send a brand new Mustang for your birthday I can send warm wishes and let you know that I'm glad you are following along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattadisser View Post
You do know that we are all in our chair clapping, jumping up and down in our seats like little kids waiting to hear the rest of the story don't you???

This is so cool! I would have been beyond giddy at this point.

I never realized the whole "charms" aspect to that Dooney line! Now I am like..duh! Nice pick with Marie on the front, she's a favorite in our house as well.

Now back to sitting and clapping waiting for the rest of the story!

Christine
Hi Christine! There has to be a stopping place somewhere...

I didn't realize there were different Dooney bag "patterns" either. Marie is so cute so I stopped looking when I saw her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodrocksluver View Post
Shhh...don't tell Becky

I can NOT handle how handsy (lippy?) the Mayor is! Holy cow, I'll never be able to look at that man the same way again!

I've decided that I need to go on a WDW vacation with you an Em. You have so much good luck. Grand Marshals, Admiral Suite, Dream Suite

Love the Dooney you picked out. Marie AND Mary Poppins' carousel horse? Looks like a winner to me!

This is so random but I think about it every time I look at your signature Grand Marshal picture. The first time I saw it I thought the other girl (not Em, the girl with the Mouse Ears) was Miranda Lambert.
I have a feeling that Becky is aware of the attention her hubby receives.

That Mayor would be an HR nightmare for my company! Good thing he's only interfacing with complete strangers on Main Street USA!

Honestly, we've just been very lucky!

That gal in the parade with us (Devon) does look like Miranda Lambert. Now that you mention it, I completely agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
Ahh this is all so exciting!! I CAN'T WAIT TO READ ALL ABOUT YOUR DREAM SUITE TOUR! I bet it was just absolutely GORGEOUS!

The pictures of the Mayor trying to kiss you are hilarious. He's pretty brave going straight in for the lips! MORE THAN ONCE!

I seriously need to order Dean's book. I bet it's an excellent read! And like you suggested, I'll definitely have my tissues ready.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Dooney purse you chose!
Hi Lauren!
Thanks, the suite is only mildly spectacular to put it lightly!

I can dodge the Mayor's lip kisses pretty good but goodness, it is becoming a sport!

Dean's book is a slice of life right from Main Street MK where he transformed the vacation experience of so many people and did such a good job doing it. Knowing first-hand how that happened I can tell you that my perspective of the book may be a little skewed but the stories are absolutely wonderful.
Old 01-10-2014, 04:04 PM   #1403
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
Just a short post to say real life has been crazy lately, but I am still reading along. Thanks for the Disney fun on long days filled with real life. I can't wait to see what is behind that door.
Hi there! You were one of my page 1 shout outs for the top thread! I'm so glad to hear that despite the craziness of life you are hanging in here and following along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Bahaha, love that first PP photo. Too cute. Hide your eyes children!!

Goodness that Mayor Weaver does love you, no doubt.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

This whole thing is just incredible Brenda. I mean there's pixie dust and then there's PIXIE DUST!!!!
That is the holy grail right there.

Haha, good luck trying to dance like Barb there Dean.

No hate mail here AT ALL. I actually love the build and we're at least at the crux of it all now, so YAY!!! I think I would be so overwhelmed I would be all over the place in my head.
Ha ha! The PP photographer had to ask about all of our relationship to get that pose to work. It was their anniversary so it was cute.

For the next encounter I'm going to ask him for a ring before he goes any further!

I agree Rob! We were incredibly lucky.

Dean trying to dance.... it's rather like this guy attempting to do Swan Lake at the ballet!

The perfect stopping point for me doesn't mean it is for everyone else!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
You're so naughty leaving it there

I bet you know and noticed more things in your DS visit than I took in during my stay
Hi Jo! I'm killin' ya right!

We were only there for an hour but I think I remember all the details... or it could be that I've seen the photos 135 times! Seriously though I'm so glad that I was able to read about your trip and staying there since that is the ultimate dream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiebee View Post
Such a dramatic photo to leave us on! HOW COULD YOU LEAVE US HANGING LIKE THAT.

Ugh. I'm just so excited to see what is to come!!
Hi Maddie! It was late and I was tired! How's that for a reason?

I'm glad you are reading and looking forward to the next update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrncessA View Post
No joke, that is exactly what my kids look like when they head out the door to school...

DS had to ask me to put his backpack on him this morning because he was too bundled up and couldn't maneuver it. I took pictures of them walking to school today in the snow, not to happy to go back after the 2 1/2 weeks vacation.

Can't wait for more of the Castle Suite! Take your time on writing it in several installments, spreads out the things I can put off doing to read TR's.
So my perception of winter in the burbs is not too far off I see! That's too funny.

I'm glad you are anticipating the next update.... I'm still juggling my dining review and now a group dining review from our December dates so I'm plenty busy. So much so that I haven't started the Dec. TR. (In case anyone else wanted an update on that as well. )
Old 01-10-2014, 04:38 PM   #1404
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi there everyone! I have a few comments to get through... and then I'll pick this back up and get the next part updated. Who knew there would be so much interest in what is behind that little door!

My apologies for posting and then disappearing. I do have an excuse. I took the day off work yesterday because we got new carpet both upstairs and downstairs. And if that wasn't enough, at 1pm in the afternoon I suckered my DH into painting the living room with me. Needless to say I've been getting my house back in order and catching up at work today so I've been very busy for the last 48 hours.
That's the reason I haven't been on the past few days as well..painting the Master bedroom. One of my New Year resolutions and it's done! Sadly, DH got suckered into my NY resolution. Something he wasn't expecting to be doing

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 04:48 PM   #1405
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Happy early birthday! I'm 90 days behind you my friend. This is my big 5-0 year as well.

Here's a little something for you... it's the least I could do.

Me, too! Me, too!

May I also have a virtual mustang?
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:29 PM   #1406
Moira222
Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW2012 View Post
Are you all FB friends or is there some super exclusive FB group? I always see people reference FB and get slighly jealous Maybe I should get my butt out of lurker mode and start posting ;-)

Brenda, thanks for the update. I look forward to seeing the big reveal. Those pictures with the Mayor were cracking me up. He sure did look feisty!!!
The FB group is Disney World Addicts

Brenda, I am all caught up and then some. What a great TR so far! I have popped back through to a few of your past TRs and some of your DRs.

I read about some of your meets with KatMark on her TR, but its so much fun to hear from your side too. And you and your daughter are so beautiful and just seem to have so much fun together enjoying each other's company. awesome! Hope my relationship with my DD (10 now) is that good in 8 years!

You've had a great trip so far, such fun DISMeets.
and
OMG I can only imagine the excitement when you found you were were going to tour Cinderella's suite. Frankly just spending the morning with Dean and all of the fun interactions you had with the Mayor and the Main Street cast members would make it a memorable trip. but the Castle?

the anticipation is building....
Moira222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:12 PM   #1407
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I read your Plaza review and remember your excitement, but it was so good to see it again. You look like a giddy kid who just got a bag of candy...and who could blame you.

Love all the photos with all of the celebrities.

I can't wait until you rally get into this DS tour.
Thanks Kathy! That's my look as long as the candy isn't chocolate! (ick!)

I'm expecting to have another update this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
Yay, so exciting and what a perfect picture to leave on! You have had such a great day up to now. I can imagine how you wanted to see and hear everything whilst in there, it really is a once in a lifetime experience.

Ridiculously excited for the next part.
Lisa, thanks! We went into the day expecting to meet up with an old Disney CM and ended with a friend with whom we are so very grateful for his kindness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybelle View Post
Oh man, what a flirtatious mayor!

AHHHH I actually had popped over to the Dining Review to read that part, but it's still so exciting to hear about!

I also have a hard time picking among all the different Dooney patterns, but you picked a great one! My mom got a little bag in that pattern as well. I love the carousel and the balloons.

That is such a beautiful mosaic and I am very excited to see what comes next! Such awesome VIP treatment, too. I would expect nothing less from the Mayor of Main Street's true love. Does his jurisdiction reach the castle or is that all Cindy?
Truly! The Mayor needs to find another place for his lips!

Ahhh so you were one of those who had the scoop from our lunch so this was like a re-run.

It appears your mom and me have yet another thing in common besides adorable daughters.

Definitely no Mayor allowed in the castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna be Ariel View Post
Lot of catching up to do!
HI there Wanna be Ariel! I'm glad that your are reading! Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelygirl1975 View Post
That mayor.....my, my, my. You must have smiled at him just right. He was just Frisky!!! He was enjoying his job a bit much for me. THE SUITE!!!! I scream in anticipation. Doing my best to wait for more patiently. Thanks so much for sharing.
I think the Mayor said that he liked red-heads. It must be something like that.

Awww I'm glad you are anticipating the next update that I promise will contain more than a glimpse. Thank you for reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisann View Post
Okay...the Mayor is a little overboard and is getting creepy! Yeesh!

More trip report, please!
Less Mayor, More Trip.... I hear ya!
Old 01-11-2014, 12:01 AM   #1408
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
OMG! OMG! It's started!!!!

... though, it just ended when it was getting good! So perhaps this gif is more accurate

In all seriousness though - it is super cool that not only are you allowed in to see the suite but you have an official guide explaining all the details - beyond awesome!
I LOVE your gifs Phil. Very appropriate.

I thought they'd just let us loose in the suite unsupervised but I suppose they didn't trust us to not bounce on the beds and invite all of our friends for a blow out party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachmermaid View Post
Oh man, I am so behind! I feel so ashamed. I hope you & your family had a WONDERFUL holiday season!

Yes, disney needs more buses. There is nothing worse than getting on a packed bus at the end of the night after waiting for one for 25 minutes. I know you have a ton of money guys, get some more buses!

I'm so adding seeing an outdoor movie to my wdw bucket list. You described it so well, i can't help but want to do that too.

Aaaaahhhh the tour is coming! That girl has the dream job! I so want to be a plaid in disneyland. I cannot wait to hear more.
Hi Jennifer! Thanks we did! Didn't you do some traveling over the holidays?

I agree! MORE BUSES! We had an all-time record wait last trip after park close. They had personnel coming over and take us to another bus we waited so long. I'm grateful that someone was there to assist though.

Can you imagine watching your gal Ariel in a movie on the beach? It would be awesome! Richard can bring you a cocktail!

I want to be a plaid too!! After taking the KTTK tour I decided that I could totally do that job. They should just call me now and make me an offer. I could see you doing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrn2 View Post
You left us hanging again!!!
Wow, that Mayor was a really "hands on" kind of guy.
It is pretty amazing how you know all these people. What are your secrets?
Hi Linda! I know, I'm mean like that.

I have no secrets. I'm just annoyingly chatty and corner them for photos every trip! So sorry for the cliff hanger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
And.We.Almost.Made.It.Into.The.Suite...

So Close!

I am so excited for you and Em! This special treat could not have happened to two more deserving ladies! I can only imagine how appreciative you were and continue to be!

The anniversary photo is so cute! I also love the shot of Dean holding his book as a parade float goes by.

You have such nice connections with the Main Street Gang.

What is it with Politicians Behaving Badly? When we meet, I'll have to tell you the story of the day Ben and I approached our soon-to-be mayor on Election Day and my son called him "Daddy"

Great purse, and I hope whenever you use it you remember that glorious day!
Ha ha! Yes, so close! Awww thank you so much Dee. We were and are very grateful for a number of people who made this happen. As Dean said, he made a career out of asking people outrageous requests that they had an opportunity to say 'no' to. The other people involved in making the decision for go/no-go could have said no... they didn't owe us anything and we are nobody!

We had some fun with the photos and seeing Dean try to dance like Barb - complete fail but hilarious nonetheless!

I'm looking forward to hearing the "daddy" story. That's got to be funny.

Thanks, I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Ha-ha.. The dreaded 1am time when Disboards take a hiatus!! Doesn't it know that us West coasters are online at that time lol.

I can't wait to read more about the Dream Suite!
Paula, thanks for dropping by! I suppose more people are sleeping at 1am California time so if they must do maintenance I guess I can sacrifice or rather head to bed.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:25 AM   #1409
katt789
DIS Veteran

I’m back and ready to read all about this AMAZING EXPERIENCE!!! I can’t believe how excited you guys must have been when you found out, like, I’m pretty sure I would legit cry so so hard, it would be insane!

Great pictures and stories from the meet, MiSi would be such a great backdrop for that experience lol! AAAARRRG SO FREAKING CLOSE SUCH A TEASE RIGHT NOW I AM DYING

But seriously, beyond amazing that this happened and I cannot wait to read all about it!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:19 AM   #1410
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C.&ALI'SMOM View Post
Ah! Finally the main event! I have been quietly reading, waiting for the tour. As a WDW veteran this is an experience beyond compare! I'm soooo jealous. I know it doesn't matter, especially after this tour, but do you ever experience the attractions?? Lol! Great D&B too. I have had my eye on several but haven't bought one yet, I almost did when I was at DLR this summer. P.S. Disney Legend Dorthea. Redmond designed the castle mural.
Hi there! And I'm very glad to have you reading along!! Thank you so much!

This day is probably a bad example of our normal park touring but yes, we do attractions.

And YES! I stand corrected! Dorethea Redmond did design the mosaic in that corridor! Mary Blair did the mosaic in the Contemporary Resort.

I believe Dorthea also did the artwork in the Parfumerie in New Orleans Square at DL. Please correct me if I'm wrong since I don't want to be a source of incorrect information, again!

Thanks again for joining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyDancer View Post
OH DEAR LORD woman post before we all have coronaries!!

Did I mention I cannot wait for your next update?

SOOOO awesome.
People with heart conditions may need to sit this one out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedby3 View Post
I agree, that was good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post
I don't get to comment too much on the DISboards on other TRs (or so it seems with how busy I have been lately!), but I've been meaning to read your TRs FOREVER because I've seen you comment on some other TRs here in the DIS (like my dear friend Rob's)... SO that being said, I've gone back and read a bunch of your stuff and just started reading this one!

You have had some AMAZING memories in Disney parks! Seriously! That Captain's Room at the YC?! Unreal. TOURING THE DREAM SUITE?! No big deal, haha. I love reading about it all though, seriously!

Just wanted to pop in though and say how much I am enjoying reading this TR and have enjoyed your past ones!
Hi Dani! Ahhh our friend Rob! He's spoken highly of your TRs. I'm guilty of the same with your TR and I do believe that your are a Premier pass holder AND a DVC owner?? See? I've lurked enough to know that much so now that we are getting to know each other I have no excuse not to be super friendly and go to your TR and say hi!!

Seriously, I'm go glad that you popped in! Even if you don't have time to follow one more TR I'm so glad that that you are here letting me know that have peeked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedee2177 View Post
So excited for the next update. I'm going to start calling you Mrs. Mayor...he sure does like you

I'm so happy for you and Em to get to enjoy this wonderful experience.
Thanks Sandra! Like I've said before, he's going to have to put a ring on it next time!

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: