Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2014, 07:20 AM   #91
ThinkTink91
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tow-mater-1 View Post
I found out when Nate returned that the show was actually different! It was much more scary and sinister. Well that’s it…. I’ll just have to go back.
Oh shucks mom. what an inconvenience. Now you have to fly all the way back to sunny florida to go back on the darn cruise to see the fireworks with your favourite child. bummer. So when are we going.
ThinkTink91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:43 AM   #92
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!
shakes dollar bills for good luck

Ooooooh, the Roy looks fabulous! I'd never leave my cabin. Everything I need or want is right there!!
cntkg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2014, 12:05 PM   #93
plannermom
Mouseketeer

I'm not sure where you can go after the Roy O Suite, but want to follow along anyway. I am planning for a first cruise and think the cabin crawl is a great idea!
plannermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:16 PM   #94
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkTink91 View Post
Just remember your favourite Canadian daughter when you win that lottery
Actually, I just wrote about my favourite Canadian daughter in my trip report
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 01:00 PM   #95
micknme
Mouseketeer

Lovin' the trip report Char!

OK, now I think there is a church FB page that would just love to have a couple of your pictures posted, especially the mixology one!!!

Double dare you
micknme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:34 PM   #96
tow-mater-1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
I can't wait to write about Pirate Night since that was the night of Daniel's big date. I may just post the video Wendy took, if I am feeling suitably brave.

I forgot about the big date. I remember he kept getting mad at me because I kept making smoochy noises before. He told me I was a terrible Canadian mother

I am still absolutely gutted I missed the Cabin Crawl (well, the Roy O Suite actually). We just felt like everything had been so hectic up to this point, we wanted to take the time to spend it with the kiddos. I still hope the Roy O Suite is in my future (maybe after that big lottery win, eh?)
It was a rather hectic cruise wasn't it. I did feel like we always had to be somewhere.
tow-mater-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:47 PM   #97
tow-mater-1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkTink91 View Post
Oh shucks mom. what an inconvenience. Now you have to fly all the way back to sunny florida to go back on the darn cruise to see the fireworks with your favourite child. bummer. So when are we going.
Well that depends on how long it takes you to save to take your wonderful mother... don't worry I will spring for the first drink of the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntkg1 View Post
Ooooooh, the Roy looks fabulous! I'd never leave my cabin. Everything I need or want is right there!!
I know! Did you see the hot tub behind me too?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannermom View Post
I'm not sure where you can go after the Roy O Suite, but want to follow along anyway. I am planning for a first cruise and think the cabin crawl is a great idea!
No kidding eh! It's rather anticlimactic after Nachi and Roy but I will try and make it entertaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by micknme View Post
Lovin' the trip report Char!

OK, now I think there is a church FB page that would just love to have a couple of your pictures posted, especially the mixology one!!!

Double dare you
Hahaha... now if you Double DOG dared me I might have thought about it but you're too late
Old 01-10-2014, 04:33 PM   #98
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Found my way here via Joh, really enjoying your TR, loved your formal night dress.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:09 AM   #99
tow-mater-1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
Found my way here via Joh, really enjoying your TR, loved your formal night dress.
Well I'm glad you did! and thank you. It seems cruises are my only chance to dress up.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:23 AM   #100
tow-mater-1
DIS Veteran

Halloween!

Everyone left after helping us finish off our extra shooters and we headed over to pick up the boys from the kids club. We were definitely feeling VERY good at this point. We had to get the boys ready for Halloween and ourselves for semi formal night. We had thought about dressing up in our costumes for dinner but I decided I didn’t really feel like it since I wasn’t thrilled about my costume. We wore these costumes on our last Halloween cruise and we didn’t have a chance to go and look for something else before we left. The boys were pretty excited to dress up. Luke wore the same costume as last year, Darth Maul, and we picked up a Spider Man costume for Gabe back in the summer. I don’t know about everyone else but my kids love to dress up all the time and the costumes showed some wear and tear. I had to fix the Darth Maul as some of the seams were coming apart and with Gabes costume the fabric was worn at the nose from all the wear since summer and Evan pointed out to me that it looked like Spidey had a runny nose! Ewww…I wish I had have brought a red marker…or a kleenex!

Here’s Darth Maul before dinner

Cute little Anna

And her brother Banana

Here’s Nate…. Groovy baby!

With the girls

When I saw the Captain milling about I was not going to miss my opportunity again!

Darth and Spidey and Super Donald!

Bonnie and Clyde brought their own personal doctor!

Here’s the kids. Wait a second…. Anna, were you not just a cat?!

After the party we headed to the theater to watch the show. That night it was Disney’s Believe. I don’t recall too much of this show other than it was about a father and daughter because all the earlier Burt Reynolds were taking effect and I was feeling rather sleepy. Really the rest of the night was a blur and I think we just went back to the cabin and went to bed. That was probably a good thing since Castaway Cay was the next day! Overall Halloween was a big hit but I did miss the trick or treating that they did on the magic.

Next up…. Castaway Cay!

Last edited by tow-mater-1; 02-04-2014 at 05:18 AM.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:32 AM   #101
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Can't believe they don't do trick or treating but it's always fun to dress up, hope my baby feels the same way in the future so I can dress her as a Disney Princess. Hubby and I dressed as Bonnie and Clyde once but not as fancy as that.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:21 PM   #102
tow-mater-1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
Can't believe they don't do trick or treating but it's always fun to dress up, hope my baby feels the same way in the future so I can dress her as a Disney Princess. Hubby and I dressed as Bonnie and Clyde once but not as fancy as that.
I know! I was really looking forward to the trick or treating. I wonder if they still do it on the Magic? I asked Gabe if I could dress him up a princess and he almost disowned me!
Old 01-12-2014, 02:37 AM   #103
tow-mater-1
DIS Veteran

Castaway Cay!

Oh how I love and hate this day. It is the best and the saddest since we know we have to pack up to leave. We actually slept in a little on this morning! It may or may not have had anything to do with Burt Reynolds. We quickly got ready and went to breakfast because we wanted to get to off the ship as soon as possible. We left breakfast and headed straight for deck 1 but people were heading back saying they needed their picture ID. I always thought that you didn’t need to bring any ID since there were no inhabitants here but oh well… Nate and Cassie headed back up to get the ID while the boys and I waited. Finally they returned with the ID’s and we headed to the tram which just arrived as we were walking toward the area. Our phone was acting a bit weird not letting us call anyone and the battery showed that it was low after charging all night. These phones did nothing but frustrate me the whole trip. I’m not a texter to begin with so using these without a keyboard was driving me mental. We did bump into Joh and she had just dropped Daniel off at whatever he was doing and then she was heading to Serenity Bay. ( I’ve yet to see it!)We venture off to find a spot on the beach. During this time we got a text from Jen and Rob saying that they had just arrived on the tram so we waited for them before parking on the beach. While we were finding a spot we saw a wedding going on. Who could ask for a more beautiful place to be wed! The beach is just breathtaking…. exactly how I remembered it. It was not long before all the others joined us. We were only missing Wendy and Rich and Joh and family but they were too busy enjoying Serenity Bay. I always mean to go because you can sign your kids in to the clubs there and head over but this is always the best family day and I don’t WANT to leave my kids. One of these days I will see Serenity Bay when they don't want to spend it with me.

Here are just a few pics of my millions of Castaway!

If you look closely Evan Cassie and I are heading towards Pelican Plunge!

Here Cassie and I are getting ready to race. Since I picked the fast slide she got a head start.

Here’s Cassie winning

If you ever feel the need for a salt water colonic… this would be the way to go!

This one gets my vote for cutest pic of the week. Little Anna and Logan.

Me and Emma

Evan found a hermit crab!

Luke helping Anna to the beach.

Most of the gang

Poor Luke needed a rest because he was a little chaffed by the end of the day. His thighs were fire engine red… I always mean to bring baby powder!

What a great day and great memories!

Next up…. The last supper.

Last edited by tow-mater-1; 02-04-2014 at 05:32 AM.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:55 PM   #104
figment52
Oh man, I checked out the website only to discover that I am Older than Peeps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tow-mater-1 View Post
Castaway Cay!

This one gets my vote for cutest pic of the week. Little Anna and Logan.

Next up…. The last supper.
What a great photo!!! You can't pose pictures like that.
figment52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:52 AM   #105
tow-mater-1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment52 View Post
What a great photo!!! You can't pose pictures like that.
Thanks...it's my fav!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: