Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2014, 10:13 PM   #136
wendyoconnor
DIS Veteran

We just did our first FE and I was amazed at the variety of items we received. I was really surprised at what people did for our then 5.5 month old daughter, I wasn't expecting anything for her. We received food, pins, candy, magnets, promotional items, items that reflected the giver's home state or town.

Some of my favorites include:
The crocheted baby blanket for my DD and the knitted bag for myself (I'm a knitter/crocheter too)
Real Cadburys from England!!!
Moon Pies
Board books for DD
Onsies for DD
A list of the hidden Mickeys
Magnets

Fort Wilderness 6/1992, Disney Magic 9/4/04, Disney Magic 9/18/05, Disney Fantasy 4/21/12, Disney Fantasy 10/19/13 upcoming Disney Wonder cruise 6/8/2015
wendyoconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:50 PM   #137
Spunkyminky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie-Mickey View Post
What I loved about the FE is not the stuff but the people you meet. We had dropped out of the FE because we lost an immediate family member approx. 2 weeks before the cruise. We were going to cancel but at the last moment went. We had no gifts as we dropped out. A bunch of the group new our sadness and made a FE for us and filled it daily. That is my most memorable life experience. We were so sad and they lifted our spirits so high. A few rooms caught us delivering gave us hugs. What a special group of people on this site. We decided to go to each port and purchase a key chain from the island to give to each room. $5 each and a memory of the trip. From what I can tell people really liked them.
That is so sweet of them! I'm so sorry your family suffered a loss right before your vacation.
My cruise is in Feb and so far, it looks like we have lots of great families in our FE group. We're already having lots of fun on Facebook. Really looking forward to meeting families from different cities/countries and enjoy our vacation.
Spunkyminky is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2014, 12:34 PM   #138
RapunzelFloyd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie-Mickey View Post
What I loved about the FE is not the stuff but the people you meet. We had dropped out of the FE because we lost an immediate family member approx. 2 weeks before the cruise. We were going to cancel but at the last moment went. We had no gifts as we dropped out. A bunch of the group new our sadness and made a FE for us and filled it daily. That is my most memorable life experience. We were so sad and they lifted our spirits so high. A few rooms caught us delivering gave us hugs. What a special group of people on this site. We decided to go to each port and purchase a key chain from the island to give to each room. $5 each and a memory of the trip. From what I can tell people really liked them.
That is really sweet, I am sorry for your lose, but so glad you had people on the cruise to lift your spirits.

Check out my blogwww.rapunzelscrafts.weebly.com
DLR- 31st birthday & proposal- August 2011
WDW-AOA- 1 year Anniversary- March 2013
DLP- September 2013
Disneyworld Beach Club and First Dream Cruise- June 2014
RapunzelFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:11 PM   #139
Mom2Ben02
Our little souvenir from WDW was baby #2! :-)

I am so totally new to this! A question - we've only ever sailed Royal Caribbean before, and, from what I understood, we couldn't bring on alcohol. Do I have to hide 25 bottles of booze in a tampon box?
Old 02-03-2014, 11:46 PM   #140
dbarker
Mouseketeer
You can't miss my DH. He's a big burly USMC redneck w/ a fanny pack and acting like a kid who can't wait for the next ride at WDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Ben02 View Post
I am so totally new to this! A question - we've only ever sailed Royal Caribbean before, and, from what I understood, we couldn't bring on alcohol. Do I have to hide 25 bottles of booze in a tampon box?
Answer: No.

Disney allows beverages to be brought onboard (alcoholic and non-alcoholic). However, it MUST be in a carryon bag.

What I have read that some people do that are flying, is put the booze in one small checked bag for the flight, without the DCL tags. Pick that one bag out from the rest upon arrival. Carry that one bag onboard the ship.
dbarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:09 PM   #141
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarker View Post
Answer: No.

Disney allows beverages to be brought onboard (alcoholic and non-alcoholic). However, it MUST be in a carryon bag.

What I have read that some people do that are flying, is put the booze in one small checked bag for the flight, without the DCL tags. Pick that one bag out from the rest upon arrival. Carry that one bag onboard the ship.
We find a store by the port and before returning the rental car we purchase what we want!

ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 05:17 AM   #142
4Hicks
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Ben02 View Post
4Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:39 AM   #143
Nurseterri
A dream is a wish your heart makes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfogt View Post
I love these threads! I am overwhelmed trying to decide what to make for our cruise, but at the same time, super excited! I haven't done anything "crafty" in years and now I can't stop looking up stuff to make.
I am the same way! Plus I bought TONS of little "trinkets" (which I now see might not have been the best ideas as people supposedly "forget" them in the cabins) and small cabin gifts! I am making bunch of different homemade gifts too (not everyone will get the same gift) to try out different ideas.

I am a FEaholic!

Disney World 1986, 1994, 2005.
Disney Dream November 2012.
Next stop, FANTASY!

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...7mm9vpoy9w.png
Nurseterri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:44 AM   #144
Nurseterri
A dream is a wish your heart makes...

[QUOTE=tictoc;47372137]My problem is I cannot seem to limit myself after reading and seeing all of your terrific things. I have ended up making coasters, frames, keychains, bookmarks, magnets, pirate creeds, journals, autograph books and paperbag scrapooks. I have bought small bottles of booze, first aid kits in a water proof container, felt color pages, lip balm, sharpies, koozies dry erase boards and small basketball hoops for the teen boys. We only ave 7 cabins that want to join and no one is flying. I guess I figured the sky is the limit! I have been having a blast searching for the ideas and making the stuff. Nothing uniqe, but all useful I hope![/QUOTE

YOU SOUND LIKE ME! WAY TOO MUCH STUFF BOUGHT/WILL BE MADE!

I am an FEaholic!

Disney World 1986, 1994, 2005.
Disney Dream November 2012.
Next stop, FANTASY!

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...7mm9vpoy9w.png
Nurseterri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:50 AM   #145
fnrsgrl
Mouseketeer

A gorgeous mini-scrapbook, some beautiful homemade cards and some adorable Mickey and Minnie keychains. We also had an international traveler who gave out candy bars from her home country, and we thought that was awesome!

2002- Yacht Club and All-Star Music; 2007 AKL and All-star Movies/DCL; 2008- All-Star Movies; Feb. 2010- POR; 2012- POR/DCL; 2013- POR
Me & DH, Bond, KP, Carbon and Sprinkles
Please check out my first PTR, Sea Ya Real Soon: A Dreamy Pre-Trip Report, my NEW PTR, There's No Place Like Your Second Home for the Holidays--A Very Merry Christmas-y PTR And my first TR, A Veritable Explosion of Pixie Dust
fnrsgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 04:58 PM   #146
Babysaurs
Earning My Ears

Some great ideas here!
Babysaurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:42 AM   #147
jrzgrl1020
Earning My Ears

FE Gift

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilouisianagal View Post
We got a mini bottle of red wine and a mini bottle of white wine last trip. That's about the only memorable thing, the rest were trinkets or candy (I'm always game for chocolate!).

You could bring mini bottles for FE on the cruise???
jrzgrl1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 01:14 PM   #148
scgustafson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrzgrl1020 View Post
You could bring mini bottles for FE on the cruise???
We received several mini-bottles of various liquors on our Med cruise in June. Many of the non-US FE members wanted to provide samples of their national liquors.
scgustafson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 05:04 PM   #149
SnipsNSnails
DIS Veteran

Some of our favorites were keychains (which my parents and I still use), magnets (they are all on our fridge) and sand bucket and shovel for the boys to use at CC with a mickey head painted on it, a paint brush to get the sand off their feet (with a mickey head), felt homemade tic tac toe boards with mickey hands and feet as the markers, wave phone holders, coasters with a custom image for our cruise, first aid kit, music cd.......so many great gifts, I can't remember them all.

For the teens in our exchange I glued mickey heads to ear buds, for tweens I did the same with flashlights.

7/1996 - CBR, 12/1998 - BC, 12/2008 - Pop DDP, 9/2011 - CBR DDP, 2/2013 - DCL Magic, 6/2013 - DL BWPPI
4 Generations Do WDW - Sept 2011 Trip Report
SnipsNSnails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:47 PM   #150
Ariel93086
Earning My Ears

Too old?

Ok I absolutely love this FE idea! I am going on the Dvc member cruise to Alaska in May 2015! So first DCL cruise, first member cruise, and first trip to Alaska! Needless to day I am super excited!!!! I have been researching all the fun stuff (esp the FE info) recently and I need your opinion. I would love to participate in the FE for my cruise, however, I think we might be too old for it! Hahaha! All the guests in my cabin are adults! I'm going with my mother and aunt (both middle aged) and I am 28 years old. So I would absolutely love to participate but do you think people will not want to give because we are all adults? Let me know what you think!

I mean, you're never too old for Disney right?
Ariel93086 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: