Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2014, 08:12 PM   #1381
lovelygirl1975
Mouseketeer

That mayor.....my, my, my. You must have smiled at him just right. He was just Frisky!!! He was enjoying his job a bit much for me. THE SUITE!!!! I scream in anticipation. Doing my best to wait for more patiently. Thanks so much for sharing.

ASMu-2007, CSR-2012, CSR-2013, AKL-1/2014, CSR-10/2014
Offsite: 1991, 1993, 1996, 2005
lovelygirl1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:15 PM   #1382
Lisann
Mouseketeer

Dirty Old Man!

Okay...the Mayor is a little overboard and is getting creepy! Yeesh!

More trip report, please!

I've stayed at: Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk Inn, Beach Club, Yacht Club and Port Orleans Riverside, Dolphin.
Lisann is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2014, 08:17 PM   #1383
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

OMG! OMG! It's started!!!!

... though, it just ended when it was getting good! So perhaps this gif is more accurate

In all seriousness though - it is super cool that not only are you allowed in to see the suite but you have an official guide explaining all the details - beyond awesome!

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:10 PM   #1384
peachmermaid
Mouseketeer

Oh man, I am so behind! I feel so ashamed. I hope you & your family had a WONDERFUL holiday season!

Yes, disney needs more buses. There is nothing worse than getting on a packed bus at the end of the night after waiting for one for 25 minutes. I know you have a ton of money guys, get some more buses!

I'm so adding seeing an outdoor movie to my wdw bucket list. You described it so well, i can't help but want to do that too.

Aaaaahhhh the tour is coming! That girl has the dream job! I so want to be a plaid in disneyland. I cannot wait to hear more.
peachmermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:22 PM   #1385
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

You left us hanging again!!!
Wow, that Mayor was a really "hands on" kind of guy.
It is pretty amazing how you know all these people. What are your secrets?
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Tiggerrn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:36 PM   #1386
natebenma
DIS Veteran

And.We.Almost.Made.It.Into.The.Suite...

So Close!

I am so excited for you and Em! This special treat could not have happened to two more deserving ladies! I can only imagine how appreciative you were and continue to be!

The anniversary photo is so cute! I also love the shot of Dean holding his book as a parade float goes by.

You have such nice connections with the Main Street Gang.

What is it with Politicians Behaving Badly? When we meet, I'll have to tell you the story of the day Ben and I approached our soon-to-be mayor on Election Day and my son called him "Daddy"

Great purse, and I hope whenever you use it you remember that glorious day!
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:02 AM   #1387
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Ha-ha.. The dreaded 1am time when Disboards take a hiatus!! Doesn't it know that us West coasters are online at that time lol.

I can't wait to read more about the Dream Suite!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:56 AM   #1388
J.C.&ALI'SMOM
I really had to bite my tongue on that one
Wondering how we could get our moonshine on the plane

Ah! Finally the main event! I have been quietly reading, waiting for the tour. As a WDW veteran this is an experience beyond compare! I'm soooo jealous. I know it doesn't matter, especially after this tour, but do you ever experience the attractions?? Lol! Great D&B too. I have had my eye on several but haven't bought one yet, I almost did when I was at DLR this summer. P.S. Disney Legend Dorthea. Redmond designed the castle mural.

J.C.&ALI'SMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:40 AM   #1389
TinyDancer
DIS Veteran

OH DEAR LORD woman post before we all have coronaries!!

Did I mention I cannot wait for your next update?

SOOOO awesome.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:54 AM   #1390
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyDancer View Post
OH DEAR LORD woman post before we all have coronaries!!
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(7)

Patiently (NOT) waiting for a new ticker

Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:57 PM   #1391
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

I don't get to comment too much on the DISboards on other TRs (or so it seems with how busy I have been lately!), but I've been meaning to read your TRs FOREVER because I've seen you comment on some other TRs here in the DIS (like my dear friend Rob's)... SO that being said, I've gone back and read a bunch of your stuff and just started reading this one!

You have had some AMAZING memories in Disney parks! Seriously! That Captain's Room at the YC?! Unreal. TOURING THE DREAM SUITE?! No big deal, haha. I love reading about it all though, seriously!

Just wanted to pop in though and say how much I am enjoying reading this TR and have enjoyed your past ones!
danimaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:39 PM   #1392
deedee2177
Disney Darling

So excited for the next update. I'm going to start calling you Mrs. Mayor...he sure does like you

I'm so happy for you and Em to get to enjoy this wonderful experience.

April 2014 PTR - Trip with the Grandmas http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3164112 - COMPLETE
April 2014 TR - Different type of trip http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post51308062 - In Progress
deedee2177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 03:17 PM   #1393
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Wednesday August 21, 2013: Day 6, Part 5

The highlight of our evening was dinner at Monsieur Paul. We had an 8pm ADR. Factoring in a 3 minute walk to the lobby, plus a 10 minute wait for a boat, plus a 7 minute boat ride to Epcot, plus a 4 minute walk to the restaurant that math works out to leave the room at 7:36 right? Yeah, we left the room at 7:45 pm which was slightly behind schedule but we could book it and make up lost time. We stepped outside and it had started to rain. Drat! We were all dolled up and I didn’t want to arrive to dinner soaking wet. We had left our rain ponchos in the room so I calculated which would be quicker – going back to the room or going to the gift shop around the corner from the lobby?? I chose the gift shop. 2 ponchos please. Oh, and that Mickey umbrella. I realized while I was standing there that my sandals would not survive the rain so I grabbed a pair of Mickey flip flops while at the check-out. Using our AP discount I saved approximately $5 for a purchase that was absolutely un-necessary. The moment we walked back outside it stopped raining and I didn’t use any of those items – the entire trip. I spent $45 to be rain proofed for nothing.
Oh it's not nothing, you have ponchos to use another time (if you remember to pack them), an extra umbrella that can live in your suitcase should you need it for travel and one always needs another pair of flip flops.

That's hysterical. You will be amused when you read about Jeff's rain jacket jaunt from this past trip.

Quote:
Day 7: Thursday August 22, 2013

Following lunch we had zero plans. Nada. Nothing. Post lunch lethargy was setting in. However that doesn’t mean that we didn’t have any excitement since who should we run into again? I’ll give you one guess because if you need more than that you have not been paying attention to this TR……
Kathy and Mark!! Yep. They were hanging around Epcot as well. We are so international together. A photo was necessary since 12 are not enough already on this trip!

the 12th one could be the ultimate GOOD one though, right?

Quote:
First I had to go up the club level concierge to assist with some dining reservations that I wanted to make for our December trip. Jessi, the amazing CM on loan from BWI assisted and kept calling me princess. It must be a habit to reference guests by that adorable term of endearment but considering I’m old enough to be her mother it was odd. Nice but odd.
Princess Brenda you shall be. Less odd had it been over the phone but pretty weird given that it was a live interaction and she was younger. You must have just been oozing princess qualities of some sort.

Quote:
Thurs. August 22, 2013: Day 7, Part 3

Oh and you will be glad to know that potential wardrobe malfunction #2 was nipped in the bud! The CM was having us hold up our wrists to the machine and my other hand was full so when my skirt started to billow upwards from a sudden breeze Em was there to hold it down. But not to fear, there wouldnt have been too much exposure since I was ever so smart after the RnRC incident and wore bike shorts under my skirt. So there!

Quote:
This was a great spot to view Illuminations while not having to camp out or stand on my tippy toes to get a view of the globe.
It may be one of the best, if not the best, in the WS...such a different view since you are low and on the water.

Quote:
Following dinner I was completely confused since for some reason I thought it was EMH and the park was open until 11pm. Seriously, I only had 1 margarita so NO, my judgment was not affected by tequila at least I didnt think so.

We walked over to FW to see Ellens Universe of Energy (I should abbreviate that one, no?) or Mission Space but they had roped off the area on the other side of Mousegears. Ohhhhhh&. Now I get it. The park is closed. After an about face we walked back to IG talking the following photos along the way.
We had that issue this trip. Not that I necessarily thought it was EMH, or had even checked a thing, or park hours but it was the holiday week and in general all hours were late. 9pm closure caught us very much off guard. Of course this is all because we went OFF PLAN.. It did make me double check park hours after that though!

Quote:
When we reached the beach area for the YC/BC I wanted to walk in the sand since I love the soft velvety feel on my bare feet. While we were walking along the beach we noticed that Disneys Enchanted was the movie on the beach that night. I LOVE that movie. I was so excited to see it playing.

It may sound silly to say that this was the best movie experience Id had when you think - it was just outside. It was. But there were little girls in their Disney princess outfits, a pop of fireworks from Fantasmic peeking over the BWI, the reflection of the Boardwalk lights on the water, the soft sand burying our feet, and my own little baby (figuratively of course) sitting there and all combined to be so incredibly wonderful!
I don't think it's silly at all! Many of the best moments are the unscheduled, unplanned spontaneous little ones.

Quote:
Friday August 23, 2013: Day 8, Part 1

Day 8… hmmm... whatever could be significant about day 8?? Let’s see, we’re going to MK, we’re meeting up with a former CM and having lunch together and that’s pretty much it. As far as we knew at the time! Yes, this is the day for the Dream Suite tour but it would come as a surprise a little later. Anyone who has followed my dining review already has that story. If you haven’t read my dining review – shame on you. Just kidding! I won’t give it all away since it will all fit together before too long.
Shame on me is right. I confess to following no dining reviews these days, someday, in my dreams, when I am caught up on my subscriptions...then maybe. I really love them though!

Quote:
I was up before dawn but there was zero chance that I was going to fall back asleep so I may as well take photos from the balcony right? It’s what I do.
Me too. Because you can never have too many pictures of coffee on the balcony, right?

Quote:
Em is more the type to wait and rise at the last minute. No worries, I enjoyed the quiet of the morning while she slept. It was a perfect start to my day to watch the boats on Crescent Lake and the Boardwalk dim their lights as the sun rose. The joggers out that early in the morning just annoyed me since I had still not once donned my running shoes to get my butt out there for a run. (Complete envy on my part for you Disers like Mary Ellen, Cynthia, Beth, and others who do run even on vacation. My hat's off to you!)
I'm not sure hats should be off. It's really only to mildly justify the pure gluttony that surrounds the rest of the trip. We managed 2, only 2 runs total this trip...over 10 days. Didn't make a dent in the gluttony!

However if you do ever decide to attempt it, it is awfully pretty if you figure out a good route! In August though? BLEH, I'd have hit the gym. December was wacky, our first run was 44 degrees out I think (real feel of 39). That was at Boardwalk. I'm wearing a fleece that I'd never planned to run in, and my running gloves which I'd luckily brought for NYE as the forecast looked chilly. A guy goes blazing past me (I am slow) saying "I never thought I'd need my runnning gloves at Disney". Then, 2 days later, at Saratoga it was 70 (with 75% humidity) when we went out to run. I'd worn a tee and really wished I'd chosen a tank.

Crazy!

SO much to say about your MK morning prior to the tour I can't even begin to quote. Magic after magic after magic. BOY does the Mayor have his eye on you! I love your Dooney bag, what a perfect reason to pick that print and layout
Old 01-09-2014, 05:55 PM   #1394
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Oh wow!! You really have connections!!! How do you know all of these people? Well if I'm not being too nosey that is.

What an awesome experience to visit the DreamSuite!!!
Old 01-09-2014, 11:19 PM   #1395
SimplyGoofy
"You are not Mickey Mouse... you are a rat!" "Rat, shmat. Besides, they're tourists. What do they know?"

It appears I returned to the DIS just in time - OH MY GOODNESS, YOU GOT TO TOUR THE DREAM SUITE!!!

I'm all caught up on your trip and dining reports, and will remain on the edge of my seat with the rest of the crowd for your next post(s)! So exciting!

Feb 2012 - A Savanna, A Wizard, and Oodles of Food - AKL/DxDP/WWoHP
SimplyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, dream suite, illuminations cruise, sunrise safari, yacht club

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: