Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2013, 07:10 PM   #286
Mindy5767
Loving My DVC Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by godoftheWorld View Post
It isn't about the pool, I'm dying of brain cancer myself. Go to the Poly and have a magical time. Get too drunk, eat too much and enjoy the pool. Then go right back to your room in the resort. Something's in life aren't about the money. It's the experience, the Poly is one hell of an experience.

I completely agree with the poster above!! Go enjoy! did you go? I missed the date of your upcoming trip.

One reason that I love the Poly so much is that I think it is the ONLY Disney resort that is just like it was in 1972 when I first visited Disney World. Its the only place on property that can throw me right back into the 70's...I know there have been changes and such, but to me, its still 1972 in there!

The Big Blue Pool at Art of Animation IS a zero entry pool. I noticed recently that there are special handicapped chair things on an extension arm that can lower a handicapped person into the pool. I noticed their installation at several pools, but have not seen one in use. I am pretty sure I saw one at Pop and I know I saw one at AoA. They must be installing them resort-wide.

Mindy5767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:31 AM   #287
glocon
DIS Veteran

Chaoslobster- Just wanted to ask if you wrote for a living. Your post was so vividly descriptive and imaginative that I was at the Poly while reading it.
I think I want to go to the Poly now!

I hope you have fun and enjoy every minute of your time at the Poly!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-24-2013, 04:28 PM   #288
disrailfan
DIS Veteran

Question

I have a question that is kind of pool related but not really. When we stay at a DVC resort they have Bathrooms with Showers at their pools that come in handy for us travelers that drive straight through from Indiana. We typically if our room isn't ready we will just use the pool showers to clean up before we head off to the park. My question is this, does every resort have showers like this at their pools? We are likely staying one night at Pop Century on our upcoming trip and would like to be able to have this option if our room is not ready.
disrailfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #289
Mindy5767
Loving My DVC Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by disrailfan View Post
I have a question that is kind of pool related but not really. When we stay at a DVC resort they have Bathrooms with Showers at their pools that come in handy for us travelers that drive straight through from Indiana. We typically if our room isn't ready we will just use the pool showers to clean up before we head off to the park. My question is this, does every resort have showers like this at their pools? We are likely staying one night at Pop Century on our upcoming trip and would like to be able to have this option if our room is not ready.
I have stayed at the Pop Century many times. I am afraid that I do not recall seeing showers at any of the pools there. I can picture the laundry room, as there is one. I don't recall seeing a shower in the bathroom area. I will double check for you and edit this with the answer. The answer is Yes...there are showers at the Pop's pool. I got this answer from a very reliable source. Just viewed photos of the Pop Century pool bathroom lockers too...so you will be all set!

Last edited by Mindy5767; 07-02-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Mindy5767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:34 PM   #290
smidgy
dimples

I'm pretty sure that all the resorts have showers in the restroom bldgs at their main pools.
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:04 AM   #291
Princess_Nikki
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StlBelievinNTheMagic View Post
I'm just curious. Do the same rules apply for Pop Century and the new Art of Animation resort? They are connected by the bridge and it's meant for guests to walk between the two. So in this instance, are you able to pool hop?
I would love a real good sound answer to this, too. We were encouraged by a few CM's to go over to AOA while we were staying at the POP. One CM exclaimed how much fun my DS6 & DS4 would have at the Cars Lazy Cone pool and also asked if we have checked out the underwater music at the Big Blue pool. The bridge takes you right by the Cars area! We did go to the Cars pool for a few hours one day. Decided to get the boys lunch at the AOA food court that day as well. Our POP RFID card work everywhere at AOA, even the Big Blue Pool.

Perhaps Disney is considering allowing the POP/AOA to use both resort pools since they are both considered value resorts AND that the All Stars are able to use all the All Stars pools, too...Sport, Movies, & Music.

Princess_Nikki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:21 AM   #292
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Nikki View Post
I would love a real good sound answer to this, too. We were encouraged by a few CM's to go over to AOA while we were staying at the POP. One CM exclaimed how much fun my DS6 & DS4 would have at the Cars Lazy Cone pool and also asked if we have checked out the underwater music at the Big Blue pool. The bridge takes you right by the Cars area! We did go to the Cars pool for a few hours one day. Decided to get the boys lunch at the AOA food court that day as well. Our POP RFID card work everywhere at AOA, even the Big Blue Pool.

Perhaps Disney is considering allowing the POP/AOA to use both resort pools since they are both considered value resorts AND that the All Stars are able to use all the All Stars pools, too...Sport, Movies, & Music.
No, it has already been announced that Pop Century guests cannot use AoA pool.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:29 PM   #293
Larnmerv
Earning My Ears

Use of Resort Playgrounds

Ok, so we're headed to WDW next week but staying off property. We plan to take a ride over to AofA and check out the place, have dinner, photo ops etc. We have 2 young boys 3 and 1 and would love for them to at least be able to use the playgrounds. Is it possible for them to play on the dry playgrounds located throughout the resort or do you need a guest key to gain access to them as well? We're not interested in pool hopping whatsoever, we have some great pools at our resort. I'd love to hear what previous guests or visitors have to say....thanks!
Next WDW trip Oct 12, 2013 traveling the Auto Train for a week long stay at Vistana Resort...Visits to Art of Animation, O'hana breakfast, MNSSHP, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Chip and Dale's campfire, Raglan Road and RELAXATION!
Larnmerv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:36 PM   #294
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larnmerv View Post
Is it possible for them to play on the dry playgrounds located throughout the resort or do you need a guest key to gain access to them as well?
It sure is possible and even encouraged!
Old 01-07-2014, 10:34 AM   #295
mse
Earning My Ears

thank you for the info
mse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:39 PM   #296
Meldev
Mouseketeer

If you stay DVC at Jambo house can you use the Kidani pool?

First Family Visit (Mom/Dad 3 kids) - Oct 2010 - POR
Second Family Visit (Mom/Dad 4 kids) - 2014- CBR
Meldev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:37 PM   #297
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meldev View Post
If you stay DVC at Jambo house can you use the Kidani pool?
It is all one resort. JH and KV comprise AKL/AKV.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 04:46 PM   #298
datoths
Earning My Ears

First post to the forum. We are Disney veterans of about 15 or so trips in the last 20 years... I think. I lost count. Anyway, we always loved to pool hop and we were never approached to show a resort ID. I have heard that they have been cracking down lately. Friends of ours just stayed at PORS and they were asked to show proof of stay. We are going again in this June, staying off props this time, and we were planning on making an evening of Pop Century and Art and Animation. Dinner, looking around again (we have stayed at both resorts already), and maybe a quick swim for my two boys. Has there been any word of cast members checking for proof of stay at the Nemo pool in AofA? I know it is gated... but when we stayed the gate was never closed. You didn't need the key card to get in. Just wondering.
datoths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:46 PM   #299
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by datoths View Post
First post to the forum. We are Disney veterans of about 15 or so trips in the last 20 years... I think. I lost count. Anyway, we always loved to pool hop and we were never approached to show a resort ID. I have heard that they have been cracking down lately. Friends of ours just stayed at PORS and they were asked to show proof of stay. We are going again in this June, staying off props this time, and we were planning on making an evening of Pop Century and Art and Animation. Dinner, looking around again (we have stayed at both resorts already), and maybe a quick swim for my two boys. Has there been any word of cast members checking for proof of stay at the Nemo pool in AofA? I know it is gated... but when we stayed the gate was never closed. You didn't need the key card to get in. Just wondering.
when we stayed at AOA the gates were always closed and you needed a key card to get in. soon they will fencing in all the pools at WDW.

it is not fair to those who paid to stay at that resort. it was difficult to find the lounge chairs we needed as it was, let alone a table.

youa re free to go over, check it out, eat there. but not swim there.
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:41 PM   #300
Diva1981
Earning My Ears

Some time ago there was discussion on the boards here that they would be closing the pools when no lifeguard was on duty and not allow guests to use them at their own risk. This was due to a young girl drowning after pool hours when her parents were with her. Does anyone know if this has become true or not? We are staying at AKK Feb 17 - Mar 1 and we like to go swimming and hot tubbing after the parks. So we are usually in the pool around 11 - midnight. Just curious if anyone has stayed recently and knows the answer to this. Thanks!

Happy to be DVC members!
Diva1981 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: