Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2014, 05:21 PM   #16
ElizabethB
I have a raw meat fetish. Who knew!!??

I second all the positives about CR. We loved our garden wing room with patio and garden view. And we loved walking to MK with the kids in their strollers. So easy to come back for pool or nap and then wander over again later. We liked the pool area too. The smaller pool that is right on the lake is very pretty.

We, too, think the rooms at WL are too small. Dh and I felt like we were constantly bumping into each other or the armoire, and we are not large people.
ElizabethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:30 PM   #17
HereForMinnie
Mouseketeer

I didn't like WL but I laughed when I walked in the room because I'd read so many posts and blogs stating the rooms are small. They weren't small at all to us. Are they as big as Poly's or a one-bedroom villa? No. But they aren't small. I think they're the perfect size for a family of four.

Upcoming: Last minute trip July 2014-GF RPC
2011- Poly GV (1x) GF TPV (1x) GF RPC (1x)
2012- SSR (1x) AKV SV (2x)
2013- AKV (1x) WL (1x, never again) BC (1x)
HereForMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2014, 05:56 PM   #18
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

BLT is not the center of the action - it is a DVC resort - none of the DVC resorts to me are center of action. well sometimes BWV can feel like it.

they are generally quieter than the hotel part.

that say studios at BLT are TINY. you would need at least a 1-bedroom at BLT - so go with CR think the regular rooms are a little cheaper than a 1-bedroom at BLT.

now since I generally go solo - the studios are great for me.

now the lobby and even the tower itself at CR - can definitely feel like the center of the action. Part of the problem it the monorail going through it. Now it is a heck of alot better than in the 70's and 80's before WDW became so good with white noise. the white noise is very, very good - you won't even heard it unless you go to another resort after it. (we went to okw - and boy it may a big difference)

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:12 PM   #19
scjo68
DIS Veteran

We have stayed in the CR Garden Wing twice, and really enjoy it. In fact, I gave my DD her choice of any resort for her 16th birthday trip, and CR was her pick. I did insist we get the lowest priced room at whatever resort she chose, so we were in a standard view, rather than a Garden view. That is one way to get into the CR for at least a little less, if you do not care about the view (we really don't). We had a view of a wall. If that- or a parking lot view- would bother you, book a garden view.

We also love the Poly. The advantage of the CR is the ability to walk to/from MK. The monorail at the Poly is nice but we had a few times when the monorail was not working. No matter how crowded and backed up transportation is out of MK, you can always walk to the CR.

We have not stayed in the CR tower so can't compare that to the Garden wing. We have always found the Garden wing of the CR to be quiet.
Aug. 2013 POP, Nov. 2013 CR, Aug. 2014 POP
scjo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:19 AM   #20
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat View Post
BLT is not the center of the action - it is a DVC resort - none of the DVC resorts to me are center of action. well sometimes BWV can feel like it.

they are generally quieter than the hotel part.

that say studios at BLT are TINY. you would need at least a 1-bedroom at BLT - so go with CR think the regular rooms are a little cheaper than a 1-bedroom at BLT.

now since I generally go solo - the studios are great for me.

now the lobby and even the tower itself at CR - can definitely feel like the center of the action. Part of the problem it the monorail going through it. Now it is a heck of alot better than in the 70's and 80's before WDW became so good with white noise. the white noise is very, very good - you won't even heard it unless you go to another resort after it. (we went to okw - and boy it may a big difference)
I agree with this. when we've stayed at BLT (granted it was low crowd in January) it was very quiet. of course you have the fireworks and all but we were never bothered, didn't hear hallway noise or noise from the other rooms.

we've never stayed in the garden wing but it does not appeal to me. JMO.
we went over there and toured the wing that was torn down at one point after we knew they were going to be building a dvc building in its place. It was just something my grandfather wanted to do.

I'm surprised to hear that you're priced out of the GF if you were booking a polynesian room. I agree you pay a little more for the same room (cl to cl, tpv to tpv) but always found the difference to be negligible compared to the overall cost. If you want a garden wing room to save some cash then I'd say its a good option. (i don't know how much it saves you but i get the impression on here its quite a bit) otherwise I would personally check out the GF or book a room in the tower at CR if you are sure you don't want to stay at the Polynesian with construction.

good luck

2015October 8 days poly cl tpv March- 9 days Boardwalk villas spring break January GF RPC and disney dream 2014: December: YC CL, 12/12 dream concierge, 10 days AKV-CL October 4 days GF RPC Halloween Party TripJuly: 4 days boardwalk villas/Boardwalk Inn club level June -1 day OKW, 8 days GF RPC May - 4 days GF RPC march-April - 10 days Poly cl/ 2013: Bay Lake Tower TPV, fantasy concierge, bc cl, poly cl (2x), gf sl, vero beach resort 2012 - Vero beach resort, OKW, Poly cl 2011 - Disney Dream and AKV- Kidani (our son's first disney trip) 2010 Disney's Vero Beach Resort 2009 Disney's Vero Beach Resort (our son's first vacation)
Husband, myself and 5 year old son
jcjen519 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:30 PM   #21
yce22princess
Mouseketeer

Any truth to what I've heard that there are a few Garden Wing rooms that actually have balconies? We just switched from the GF to the CR Garden Wing for July. Thanks!
yce22princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:32 PM   #22
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yce22princess View Post
Any truth to what I've heard that there are a few Garden Wing rooms that actually have balconies? We just switched from the GF to the CR Garden Wing for July. Thanks!
I don't think so, but the 1st floor rooms have nice little "patios".

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:08 PM   #23
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yce22princess View Post
None of the GW rooms have a balcony. First floor rooms, however, have a small patio.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: