Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2014, 09:11 PM   #1
ellismom
Earning My Ears

How to book, traveling with my parents

Hi,
My family of four will be traveling with my parents next time. We are paying for our vacations separately (but could pay for whole thing with one account and pay the other back) we want separate (but hopefully adjoining) rooms. But, since I want to be able to coordinate all of our reservations, including fastpass+ And possibly the photo pass, do we/can we book on one reservation? Does two rooms automatically mean two reservations? Not sure how this works, TIA!

2013 F&W at Caribbean Beach
ellismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:38 PM   #2
gaudioli
Mouseketeer

I would like to know this as well....
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2014, 09:51 PM   #3
melissafox18
DIS Veteran

You can book more than one room and have one person as the main point of contact. You may have to call to do so vs booking online. It is possible. Disney does not guarantee adjoining or even adjacent rooms unless there is old one adult and the remainder of the guests are minors.

Have either of you considered either AoA family suites or a one or two bedroom villa? More space and you can all be together.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:11 PM   #4
momH2the4th
Mouseketeer

We are a family of 6 and get 2 rooms. To put you all on one reservation it's best to call and reserve 2 rooms. You can make payments with several different forms ~credit card, Disney gift card, etc. and they will break down the cost for each family.

While the AoA suites are nice, there is only 1 bathroom. We've decided after staying in the Cabins @ Ft. Wilderness last year, that we definitely need 2 bathrooms.

Even if you decide to make the reservations for your family & parents separately, your dining plans and fastpass+ can be linked through My Disney Experience. We used it last year when my sister's family joined us and they were staying at a different resort.

DH Me DD(16) DD(14) DD(11) DS(9)

2003 ~ Wilderness Lodge (DH/DW only) 2005 ~ Wilderness Lodge 2008 ~ Polynesian 2009 ~ Contemporary 2010 ~ Polynesian 2011 ~ Villas @ Wilderness Lodge 2012 ~ Wilderness Lodge 2013 ~ The Cabins @ Fort Wilderness 2014 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge Wilderness Lodge
momH2the4th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:29 AM   #5
mmounsey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momH2the4th View Post
We are a family of 6 and get 2 rooms. To put you all on one reservation it's best to call and reserve 2 rooms. You can make payments with several different forms ~credit card, Disney gift card, etc. and they will break down the cost for each family. While the AoA suites are nice, there is only 1 bathroom. We've decided after staying in the Cabins @ Ft. Wilderness last year, that we definitely need 2 bathrooms. Even if you decide to make the reservations for your family & parents separately, your dining plans and fastpass+ can be linked through My Disney Experience. We used it last year when my sister's family joined us and they were staying at a different resort.
AOA suites have two bathrooms.

DL: '78, '87, '95 WDW:9 trips starting with a '97 Disney-moon!
Our surprise trip! http://myescape-blogmia.blogspot.com.../surprise.html
mmounsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:36 AM   #6
ellismom
Earning My Ears

Thank you

Thank you, we really want two rooms so we can have a little space if we need it! That can be a long week of quality in law time for my hubby!

2013 F&W at Caribbean Beach
ellismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:48 AM   #7
v.t.
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellismom View Post
Thank you, we really want two rooms so we can have a little space if we need it! That can be a long week of quality in law time for my hubby!
We had 2 rooms that were booked at the same time, but under different names, different credit cards, etc. But I linked our accounts together on MDE. We had all our FP+ and a majority of our dining reservations together. But, your parents will need to let you add them to your account and not have an account of their own (for the magic bands). When my cousin went, her Dad wanted his MDE account separate and they had a much harder time getting FP+ and dining coordinated.
Hope that makes sense.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:29 PM   #8
karly05
DIS Veteran

Just a reminder, "adjoining" rooms are just next to/near each other, but you still have to go outside/into the hall to go to the other room.

"Connecting" rooms have the door inside the room that opens to the room next door.
2013 - POFQ - Mardi Gras in the Little Easy
2014 - POFQ - "Eat Around the World" - Yes. Yes, I did.
karly05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:28 AM   #9
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karly05 View Post
Just a reminder, "adjoining" rooms are just next to/near each other, but you still have to go outside/into the hall to go to the other room.

"Connecting" rooms have the door inside the room that opens to the room next door.
Very true but you are all adults and based on this - "Thank you, we really want two rooms so we can have a little space if we need it! That can be a long week of quality in law time for my hubby!", you might want adjoining rooms.

I find with my husband and his mother and her insistence on connecting rooms to be a distraction (not at Disney World but other places) because then my husband feels obligated to at least check in and move over there for breakfast or cocktail hour or TV watching. The connecting door is left open during our times in the rooms so it's just like a magnet with him.

So think about your two options and what would work out with your situation.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: