Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2013, 02:38 PM   #1
sdjen
DIS Veteran

ASM fridge question

Just wondering. I have been reading reviews on tripadvisor and have noticed the fridges in the room seem to be hit or miss. We are staying at ASMusic in February and would really like a fridge.

Does anyone know when they will be in all rooms??

Thanks
Old 12-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #2
siskaren
DIS Veteran

They've been working for months to replace the refrigerators, which had to be replaced due to some mechanical issue. I would really be suprised if they weren't finished by February.
siskaren is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-20-2013, 07:36 PM   #3
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

We've stayed at AS Music twice since the fridge problem (September and November). Both times we asked for and got a fridge.

It seemed easier in November so I wonder if they have more on hand now. I had a conversation with a supervisor type person (he and a mousekeeper were doing room inventories whatever that is) - he said just call and ask for one and they'd bring it.

We're visiting again in January and I'm not worried about getting a fridge at all.
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music; May 2014 SWW AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies

Our new favorite thing to do (between Disney trips) is posting DHs photos on foap - he's under guanojoe (how funny is that?!)
Good Morning Dewdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:39 AM   #4
sdjen
DIS Veteran

Thanks. I hope they will have them in Feb. I guess I don't understand how it could take them so long (several months) to replace the fridges in the rooms

If I don't have one, I guess I will just request one. I need one to store some medication.

Thanks!!
Old 12-22-2013, 12:59 PM   #5
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdjen View Post
Thanks. I hope they will have them in Feb. I guess I don't understand how it could take them so long (several months) to replace the fridges in the rooms

If I don't have one, I guess I will just request one. I need one to store some medication.

Thanks!!
I would assume it took so long because thousands of rooms were affected, and they couldn't get enough replacements all at one time. But if by any chance they're still not finished by February, a request for medical reasons would take priority.
siskaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:21 AM   #6
Arthur92
Mouseketeer

stayed in Nov.2013 and my fridge worked fine. But I've heard a lot of hit & miss stories.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:27 PM   #7
Gamegrl1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Morning Dewdrop View Post
We've stayed at AS Music twice since the fridge problem (September and November). Both times we asked for and got a fridge.
This sounds encouraging because I've heard similar hit-or-miss situations and we're first-time visitors coming to ASMu in a month. So did you just call the hotel directly? And sorry for this dumb question - when you requested it, did you still have to pay an extra "per day" charge for it, or was it free?

And is it a real mini-fridge, or is it more like a glorified cooler? (My T.A. described the ones at the All-Stars as "cool boxes", which alarmed me, because we need something to keep dairy cold. I don't feel like getting food poisoning on my vacation which I've been waiting for for almost three years!

Also, if you have the direct phone # for ASMu I'd love that...otherwise I'll just try through the main Disney line, I guess.

Thanks a lot!
Gamegrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:53 PM   #8
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamegrl1 View Post
This sounds encouraging because I've heard similar hit-or-miss situations and we're first-time visitors coming to ASMu in a month. So did you just call the hotel directly? And sorry for this dumb question - when you requested it, did you still have to pay an extra "per day" charge for it, or was it free?

And is it a real mini-fridge, or is it more like a glorified cooler? (My T.A. described the ones at the All-Stars as "cool boxes", which alarmed me, because we need something to keep dairy cold. I don't feel like getting food poisoning on my vacation which I've been waiting for for almost three years!

Also, if you have the direct phone # for ASMu I'd love that...otherwise I'll just try through the main Disney line, I guess.

Thanks a lot!
we just checked in - went to the room. Saw there was no fridge and went down and asked for one. I'm a big believer in asking nicely face to face when possible

The fridges we got were regular sized mini fridges as far as I can tell. Before the All Stars got fridges (first time round) we had purchased (and brought with us on every trip) a mini fridge. Once they got the fridges we sold it on craigslist. The ones they got in and the ones they have now (when you ask for them) were basically the same thing (at least the ones we got). Only difference is the ones we've had to ask for (Sept and Nov) were plugged in outside of the TV unit - so they were clearly temporary rather than 'installed'.

no extra charge.
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music; May 2014 SWW AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies

Our new favorite thing to do (between Disney trips) is posting DHs photos on foap - he's under guanojoe (how funny is that?!)
Good Morning Dewdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:02 PM   #9
jmenjes
Mouseketeer

Hit or miss indeed...I stayed at Movies two weeks ago, and my room did not have a fridge.
Before 99 -- Lost count along the way
jmenjes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 06:37 PM   #10
Gamegrl1
Mouseketeer

Just called Disney

I phoned ASMu today and the CM said that the fridges are supposed to be in the Standard rooms by next week. Well, I chuckled and said "'Supposed to' isn't the same thing as actually having them there!" and the CM suggested calling 10 days prior to our trip to confirm that they're actually there. I'll be happy about that, and happy not to have to pay extra for them like two years ago when we were originally supposed to go.
Gamegrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: