Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2014, 01:53 PM   #46
MinnesotaMouseketeers
DIS Veteran

If it doesn't break the bank, I would stay on Disney property.

We have done off property twice and we will not do it again. First we love the Disney 24/7 experience. And even though we were close to the main gate it was still a pain to get onto and out Disney property. Long waits at the lights, traffic, road construction, parking once there.

We love the theming at each of the resorts we have stayed at. Because we have been to WDW many times we make the resort part of our vacation. We will leave the park during the afternoon to have a little down time. Sit poolside with a drink in our hand, early dinner reservations then go back to a park, bike or boat rentals, horse drawn carriage ride. If you come and go as much as we do it would be a pain to be off property.
Disneyland 1975, Off site/Big Red Boat 1987, Port Orleans/Wonder 1999, Off site 2000, Poly/Wonder 2004, CBR/Eastern Magic 2007, WL 2009, GF/Wonder Panama Canal 2011, POR 2012, AKL/Dream 2013, All Star Music/Fantasy Eastern 2014, Off-site 2015, Numerous ports of call to other countries
More fun stops: CA-LA, San Diego, San Fran. & wine country, NM-twice (all over), AZ-twice including Grand Canyon, CO-all over, SD-Black Hills & Badlands, MI-UP, Isle Royale & Mount Pleasent, TX-S. Padre Island twice and San Antonio, WI-All over including Apostale Islands, IA-Quad City area, WY-Devils Tower, AK-Kantishna Roadhouse at Denali NP, Anchorage, Seward, MT-Glacier NP, Ireland 2012, BWCA six trips - 2013 last one
MinnesotaMouseketeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:56 PM   #47
nugov2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaMouseketeers View Post
If it doesn't break the bank, I would stay on Disney property.

We have done off property twice and we will not do it again. First we love the Disney 24/7 experience. And even though we were close to the main gate it was still a pain to get onto and out Disney property. Long waits at the lights, traffic, road construction, parking once there.

We love the theming at each of the resorts we have stayed at. Because we have been to WDW many times we make the resort part of our vacation. We will leave the park during the afternoon to have a little down time. Sit poolside with a drink in our hand, early dinner reservations then go back to a park, bike or boat rentals, horse drawn carriage ride. If you come and go as much as we do it would be a pain to be off property.

We were able to come and go very easily off site. With valet it was even easier. We were back at our house quickly for a rest. We resort hopped for activities the entire time we were there. We did every activity at the hotels we wanted with no inconvienance. Most likely(especially if you are at a value) the activities you want to do will be at another resort anyway, so you will have to leave to do the activity anyway and use park transportation which is no faster than your own car. I am not saying some people still wouldn't prefer on site, but just b/c your are off site doesn't make those types of activities any more difficult if you stay at one of the off site locations close to the parks. Like I posted before some off site locations are closer than the values(and even some mods) are.
nugov2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2014, 03:59 PM   #48
ready2vacation
Mouseketeer

We have done both. When we stayed offsite in Windsor Hills, we had no problem going back and forth. However, it was the off season. We missed the full immersion into Disney so we went back to onsite only. I will admit that the price and amenities offsite draw me sometimes, but magic bands,FP+, etc. bring me back
ready2vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 04:43 PM   #49
HereForMinnie
Mouseketeer

I think it also depends on whether you want an Orlando or Disney vacation. If you plan to head over to Universal and International Dr, or if you plan to eat offsite anyway then staying in a condo makes sense. If you only want to do Disney then I would try to stay onsite.

Upcoming: Last minute trip July 2014-GF RPC
2011- Poly GV (1x) GF TPV (1x) GF RPC (1x)
2012- SSR (1x) AKV SV (2x)
2013- AKV (1x) WL (1x, never again) BC (1x)
HereForMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: