Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2014, 03:51 PM   #1
JessM
We all have a dream

If Youíre Screaming that Means Youíre Still Alive!Ē Updated x4 3/12!-The End!

ďIf Youíre Screaming that Means Youíre Still Alive!Ē Disney Magic Dec 2013!

Ahhh the Christmas season! Canít you just picture it now!? All the lights, trees and time spent with family and friends. Sounds great right?!

Well experience Christmas time in Disney World and its pretty much perfect!

Hello and welcome friends to my 2nd trip report here on the DISboards!
If you havenít read my 1st trip report go check it out over here!

This trip was seriously one of the best trips I think Iíve ever taken to WDW. I was seriously down in the dumps and in need of a little Disney magic before I left for this trip, and Disney definitely came through for me!

I feel like I came back a whole new person! The Disney magic really resonated with me during this trip. Even though Iím not a kid anymore, I still have dreams that I hope someday will come true. They might involve finding prince charming or buying a home instead someday being able to fly like Peter Pan, but they are still there and still deserve to be celebrated every single day! AND lets be real, itís a dream of mine to be able to fly away to Neverland.

Anyho, enough of me blubbering and onto the introductions!

Iím Jess!

Iíll be your storyteller, ghost host and wilderness explorer guide today! I am beyond excited to share this magical Disney trip with you!

A little about me:

Iím 24 years old and this was my 20-something trip to World. Iíve been going to Disney yearly (sometime more!) since I was 4 years old. Iíve been in love with Disney parks, movies, music, you name it since I was a child. It definitely holds a special place in my heart.

Next up are the two people responsible for my Disney obsession:

Mom

First up is my wonderful Mother. She really is one of my very best friends and I love spending time with her! She loves Disney but not quite as much as me. She is also more of a follower not a planner. She is also responsible for this trip report title but we will get to that later!

Dad

My wonderful Father has made it possible for us to take all of our Disney trips over the years. My Dad loves Disney for the customer service and value he feels like you can get from Disney vacations. He used to be the family planner but Iíve definitely taken over that role since I joined the DISboards haha.

So that wraps up the introductions. Thatís right, this was just a trip with me and my parents! I was actually really excited about this trip because I like spending time with my parents and we are all very similar. None of like to sleep much on Disney vacations and we have the stamina to still enjoy it!

The Why?

Here we are on our ill fated 2012 trip.

So what was the reason for this vacation you might ask?? I mean does anyone need a reason? No but we did actually have one this year! Our vacation from 2012 didnít turn out quite as planned to this was our Do-over vacation! You can read all about that over on the pre-trip report (shameless plug : ) )

The When

December 5th-10th 2014! Which actually got extended to December 11th but more on that later too! Just in time to see Disney in all its wonder for Christmas without having to fight those holiday crowds!

We started going to Disney in early December in 2001 and we have pretty much gone every December since. We completely fell in love with all the holiday touches.

The Where

We stayed at our home resort once againÖ

The POP Century!

We booked two preferred rooms and we ended up in the 50ís section closet to Everything POP! The room location was great it was so close to everything!

I am so excited to have you all here with me as I relieve all the magic of this special trip! I tried my best to take good notes and a ton of pictures that I canít wait to share with all of you!

Iím also going to treat this trip report as a pre-trip report for my trip in February! Iím going down to complete the Glass Slipper Challenge as part of Princess Marathon Weekend! Iím so stoked, so stay tuned for trip plans and costume planning!

Phew, now finally Ö

On with the show!

Last edited by JessM; 03-12-2014 at 08:57 AM.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:52 PM   #2
JessM
We all have a dream

Chapter Links!

Chapter Links

Thursday December 5th 2013

MVMCP-Part 3

Saturday December 7th 2013

A Most Magical Day-Part 1!
A Most Magical Day-Part 2
Celebrate a World Filled with Magic
Celebrate a World Filled with Magic-Part 2

Sunday December 8th 2013
The Day of our Character Dining Extravaganza
The Day of our Character Dining Extravaganza-Part 2
A Fun Morning in the Magic Kingdom!
Character Dining Palooza Continues!
Very Christmasy Night!
Osborne Lights!

Monday December 9th 2013
I Like Warm Hugs!
Leisurely Trip Around the World!
More World Showcase and my first ever DISmeet!
Wish Upon a Star

Tuesday December 10th 2013
Having a Wild Last Day!
The One with the Trip Report Title Reveal
Lazy Tigers and a Show!
Officially Stuck in Disney
A Solo Night in Hollywood!

The Wrap Up
Final Thoughts

A Short PTR-Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend!
Ch-Cha-Changes!

Last edited by JessM; 03-12-2014 at 08:57 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2014, 04:43 PM   #3
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

YAY you started Jess!!! Obviously I'm on board since, you know, I was there at the same time.

So glad Disney got you out of the dumps AND you got to stay and extra day?? Sa-weet.

I love that you take trips with your parents. Honestly, I think that's awesome!!

Looking forward to hearing all the stories of your Christmas Do-Over!!
Old 01-03-2014, 05:01 PM   #4
courtneybelle
I don't have a skull. Or bones.

I'm here Jess! Can't wait to read all about it!
Old 01-03-2014, 05:52 PM   #5
heatherrrrz
Earning My Ears

I always love reading about trip reports that are from during the same time as I was in the World!
Old 01-03-2014, 06:00 PM   #6
katt789
DIS Veteran

Ah!! Iím totally in! I think we were there right around the same time, but heck if I can remember my dates! Lol.

How awesome that you got to spend time in Disney with your parents, and that you really enjoy it! Obviously, I do enjoy taking my Mom to Disney, getting to see the magic with parents is just awesome! Glass slipper challenge, ooo interesting!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 01-03-2014, 07:58 PM   #7
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Coming along for the ride. We were in the WORLD at the same time.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:00 AM   #8
JessM
We all have a dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
YAY you started Jess!!! Obviously I'm on board since, you know, I was there at the same time.

So glad Disney got you out of the dumps AND you got to stay and extra day?? Sa-weet.

I love that you take trips with your parents. Honestly, I think that's awesome!!

Looking forward to hearing all the stories of your Christmas Do-Over!!
Thanks Rob, I'm so glad you are here!

It was such a nice surprise to get to stay an extra day!

Thanks, a lot of my friends think I'm weird but that's ok I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybelle View Post
I'm here Jess! Can't wait to read all about it!
Welcome! I can't wait to share all the stories with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherrrrz View Post
I always love reading about trip reports that are from during the same time as I was in the World!
Welcome! It was such a wonderful week to be there, I couldn't get over the weather!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Ah!! Iím totally in! I think we were there right around the same time, but heck if I can remember my dates! Lol.

How awesome that you got to spend time in Disney with your parents, and that you really enjoy it! Obviously, I do enjoy taking my Mom to Disney, getting to see the magic with parents is just awesome! Glass slipper challenge, ooo interesting!

Welcome!

I love going with them, they are such good travel buddies.

Hopefully, the Glass Slipper will be good, I'm a little nervous for it to be honest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Coming along for the ride. We were in the WORLD at the same time.
Welcome! It was a wonderful time to be there!
Old 01-04-2014, 10:09 AM   #9
JessM
We all have a dream

Travel Day!

Thursday December 5th 2013
Weíre going to Disney!

Hello everyone! Letís get this trip report started!

Letís start out with everyoneís favorite day, travel day! I know not the most exciting to read about but definitely the most exciting to experience. After so much anticipation its finally time to go!

I woke up around 6am that morning and got moving. If you read my trip report you remember I did have to work for a couple hours before leaving, but I didnít even care I was going to Disney later!

Baxter knew something was up when I was getting ready, he normally never sits that close to the hair dryer. He knew I was leaving him.

I packed up what was left of my stuff and got it all ready for my parents to pick up on their way to the airport. I was off to do a site inspection at the airport so I figured I just meet them there.

I walked out to my car that morning to discover a lovely layer of frost. Ewww. I was so happy to be off to Florida and the 80ís soon!

Can you spot the sad puppy in the window??

So went off to the site for a couple hours and we actually finished up before I needed to be at the airport so I went and met my parents at my house and we all went to the airport together.

The airport was all decked out for the holidays!

We quickly checked our luggage and headed to security.

Reasons I love my home airport: No security lines ever!

We actually got chosen to go thru the express line so we didnít even have to take our shoes or jackets off, score!

We ended up at the gate early since dropping our checked luggage and security took two seconds.

We had a connection in Baltimore before continuing onto Orlando. While we were waiting for the plane the gate agent told us there was a lot of fog in Baltimore so they wanted to get us in route ASAP. In other words, get on, sit down and shut up haha.

Once our plane showed up, everyone did just that. And my Mom and I got the exit row with only two seats, SCORE! Sorry Dad you are on your own haha.

The flight to Baltimore was uneventful and once we landed it was SUNNY! SCORE! We were so happy we knew weíd make it out of there!

Before we knew it we were on our next flight! We all sat in the same row this leg since the flight was full. We didnít want to be those jerks that take up 3 aisle seats haha.

Since we knew were finally on our way to Florida my Mom and I enjoyed a couple glasses of wine on our next leg. It was around 2pm and the Steward got quite a kick out of us wanting wine. It was crisp and delicious.

Right before we landed someone in the row behind us asked the little girl in that row where she was going. She exclaimed:

ď Weíre going to Disney World, weíre going to see castles and Princesses. ITS GONNA BE GREAT!Ē

Everyone surrounding us thought it was the cutest thing including us. It definitely put us in the Disney mood!

THEN!

When we landed one of the Stewards sang Zip a dee doo Dah inserting some welcome to Orlando and thanks for flying with us lyrics. AWWW I wish I could remember more of it but it was so perfect and so funny. You could literally feel the Disney magic in the plane. Thank you SW for being AWESOME. And thank you Steward for loving your job!

After that flight I could tell this was going to be a great trip!

We quickly got off the plane and headed to the Fake-o-rail

We landed a few minutes early at 4:50pm and it was still light out! Aww itís the little things.

I was so excited to see that Florida sun!

Look at the Palm trees past Mum!

Somehow we literally missed every Disney thing in the airport. I have no idea which side we came in but I feel like one second we were getting off the Fake-o-rail and the next we were at baggage claim.

I did snap a picture of this though!

We grabbed our luggage and headed over to get our rental car. We went to take the elevator down to ground transportation from baggage claim and my Mom walks right up to the elevator and presses the light that indicates which direction its traveling thinking it was the call button.

I cracked up! She was like why isnít this working. An older couple next to us was looking at her like she was crazy and I was laughing hysterically. Apparently she was still feeling the wine. Yay vacation!

After pressing the correct button to call the elevator we made it down to ground transportation. Luckily my Dadís a Dollar whatever vip program they have so we didnít have to wait in the horrendous line.

Palm trees!

The most adorable little old man checked us in. He told us he didnít have any standards left but that we could chose whatever we wanted from the Full Size Row. Sweet!

After we started walking away, he ran after us and said do you want an SUV? Umm yes please! No Grandpa car for Dad this year!

Thank you Dollar for the sweet upgrade!

We loaded up and hit the road, we were on our way to Disney World!

I literally couldnít stop taking sunset pictures.

Finally we were seeing this wonderful sight!!

And not long after this sight! We were home!

You are so welcome for those wonderful car sign pictures haha.

We headed into Classic Hall and checked in!

We had done online check in so it was quick, easy and painless. I was so happy since the regular line wasnít super long but they were taking a long time with each guest to explain MyMagic+. I guess the ten emails and multiple mailings werenít enough.

We headed to our rooms to drop off our stuff and we were greeted by the classic Mickey Towel Head. We were finally on Vacation!

We were in the 50ís in the first building right next to Classic Hall. Our view was just of some privacy bushes but the location was great!

Mum and I shared a room because my Dad tends to snore a lot of vacation haha

We totally used to have a mickey phone like that.

Funny thing is, we had rooms right next to each other but my Dadís room had the new bedding but ours didnít. I have to say the new bedding looks a lot more comfy and those old comforters were so heavy haha.

By the time we dropped our stuff off it was 6:15pm, the night was still young, what were we to do?!
Old 01-04-2014, 11:38 AM   #10
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Following along!
Old 01-04-2014, 11:48 AM   #11
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

Joining in!!

Sounds like a pretty perfect travel day! Always nice to wake up to frost, and end the day in FL!

My 2013 trip report! Makiní our way, itís an ADVENTURE every day! A Nov (10-16) trip with a 2yr old!

DW DH DD2

DCL-Fantasy, Western Caribbean-May 2014; YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
Old 01-04-2014, 12:57 PM   #12
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

What a great start! I love that you enjoy trips with your parents!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninjaís Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 01-04-2014, 01:19 PM   #13
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Hi Jess! I'm joining in. We arrived on 12/5 at about the same time in the SW terminal. I'll check my photos to see if you are in them.

Sounds like you got yourself to sunny Florida just in time. Weren't those temps wonderful?

I need to go read your PTR and see the back story.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:36 PM   #14
LB1122
Life's full of tough choices...Disney is not one of them

Joining in to hear all about your fun trip. Going to head to the pre-trip to read about the redo as well.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:28 PM   #15
I_Luv_Stitch
Mouseketeer

Subbing in, just read your PTR and last TR, can't wait to hear more about this trip

Me (Jess 18) Mum (DisneyJo) Dad Ellie

Read my first TR here (2008 trip)
MY NEWEST TR JULY 2014

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: