Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2013, 05:35 PM   #391
tigger&tigerlover
Mouseketeer

Update

I wanted to follow back here to relate my experiences with shipping. I sent one item USPS to Port Orleans French Quarter, and ordered from Amazon Prime. The Amazon order shipped in 2 boxes as one of them was bottled water and heavy. When I arrived, the Cast Member who checked me in said "I show there are 3 boxes for you. Do you want Bell Services to bring them to your room?"

I'd sent the package from the Post Office and ordered from Amazon roughly 10 days before my arrival date. I don't know whether these went to the mail center first or not, nor do I know when they got to the resort. I just know that it worked perfectly when I allowed enough time to get there.

However, I STRONGLY recommend printing out the shipping label with bar coding and having that available to put on any shipment that you plan to make from the resort to your house. I didn't, and when I got to registration to ship my package home, they were out of UPS Ground Labels. They labelled the label numerous times to send it Ground, called their shipping department (or whatever handles shipping), and logged it into a book to change the form to Ground when the labels came in.

When I got home and checked the card I'd used to hold the shipment, it had gone 2nd Day Air, with a corresponding very high charge. In addition, it had my address crossed off, a different apartment number in sharpie on the label, and I only got it because I went to the office to claim it after it arrived 5 days after shipment with a 2nd Day charge. I really only had myself to blame since I'd read here to bring a return label, and decided not to at the last minute.

I'll know better next time. Shipping there went perfectly, return shipment I need to handle myself with a prepaid label.

Next time....whenever that is...
Old 12-26-2013, 02:21 AM   #392
RENThead09
DIS Veteran

just checked tracking on my items and UPS has it listed as Orlando rather than LBV.

Everthing else is correct:
my name
POP Century with the correct address
my reservation number
the correct zip

Just the city is listed incorrectly.

Anyone else have this issue and was it delivered to the correct location?

It was shipped UPS Ground.

THANKS!
5 more days til WDW!!!!!!

Upcoming Races...
Nov 2014 Avengers Half Marathon
Jan 2015 Star Wars Half Marathon
RENThead09 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-26-2013, 10:12 AM   #393
Sarah84
DIS Veteran

Anyone know how long Disney resorts happily hold packages for you?
there's something I want to order and have delivered to my resort (works out much cheaper than having it delivered to the UK) but I don't check in until 25th January
April 2012: Disney World wedding & Mexico honeymoon
March 2013: Disneyland Paris July 2013: Las Vegas Jan 2014: Disney World & Disney cruise on The Magic
Sarah84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:18 PM   #394
tigger&tigerlover
Mouseketeer

I don't know the highest amount of time, but I do know that my packages arrived 10 days before I did, and there wasn't any problem with them holding it that long.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:28 PM   #395
Freis
Earning My Ears

buying at amazon.com!?

Hey,. could you help me here please!?

I'm arriving at musics resort at january 2

At the amazon shipping information there isnt space for putting the room reservation number or date that I'll get/leave the resort... is that a problem adressing only with adress + my name?

will they know how to give me the package ?
Freis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:10 PM   #396
Saloli27
Mouseketeer

Has anyone shipped their luggage?

I wanted to know if anyone has shipped their luggage before. I am wanting to save money and not have to be charged baggage fees. So I wanted to know if I could save money shipping our items. What company did you use when shipping your items? Any recommendations?
Old 01-03-2014, 01:45 PM   #397
PxyShan
Earning My Ears

This may be posted somewhere in this thread already since it's from 2010, but I thought I would post in case it helped anyone else.
I just called CR and spoke to the business center. They charge the following for receiving packages:
anything 4 lbs and under: $3
5-20 lbs: $5
20-70 lbs: $10
This is in addition to whatever you already paid to ship from UPS, Amazon, or where ever. Not world ending - but nice to know.

PxyShan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:31 AM   #398
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have any experience with shipping from the Disney Store to the resorts?
Old 01-29-2014, 08:30 PM   #399
matt1979
Mouseketeer

Can anyone tell me why my package wouldn't have been held at the all-star music resort? It arrived 6 days before us. I used the address and info in this thread. Had my name, reservation #, and arrival date. I arrived today and it wasn't here. It's at some holding facility and they said they'd put it on the truck for delivery tomorrow. I know I already complained in another thread I started...but if this is standard procedure or something can be done to ensure it's delivered on your arrival day, I'm sure others could benefit from that knowledge. We had shipped diapers and breakfast food...so not receiving it today is a huge inconvenience for us. I had been under the impression it would be held at the resort...but apparently that's not the case?
matt1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 03:07 PM   #400
GigiDisneyfreak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1979 View Post
Can anyone tell me why my package wouldn't have been held at the all-star music resort? It arrived 6 days before us. I used the address and info in this thread. Had my name, reservation #, and arrival date. I arrived today and it wasn't here. It's at some holding facility and they said they'd put it on the truck for delivery tomorrow. I know I already complained in another thread I started...but if this is standard procedure or something can be done to ensure it's delivered on your arrival day, I'm sure others could benefit from that knowledge. We had shipped diapers and breakfast food...so not receiving it today is a huge inconvenience for us. I had been under the impression it would be held at the resort...but apparently that's not the case?
If you sent it through the U.S. Postal service then I think it goes to a holding center because the Postal service doesn't recognize the individual streets in WDW, however if it was sent via Fedex or UPS it should have went directly to your hotel. This is how it used to be but I could be wrong.

Me, DD(21), DD(15), DGD(2)

Feb. 1987, 1988, and 1990 offsite; July 1992 offsite; Aug 1994 offsite; Oct 1996 Poly and POR(bayou); Sept. 1997 ASMu; Nov. 1998 CBR; May 2002 AKL; Dec. 2004 & 2005 POR(mansions), Mar. 2009 CSR, Mar. 2013 YC,
GigiDisneyfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:34 PM   #401
matt1979
Mouseketeer

Sent via UPS. I am wondering if something has changed. When I called a couple weeks ago to confirm the mailing process...they gave me a different address than in the first post. I stuck with what was given here. The address Disney gave me seemed like it may have been for the all stars offices or something versus the resort itself. Maybe they've started to route everything there? Could explain my issues. In any case...I definitely would recommend suggesting in the first post if this thread that people include their arrival date on the packages. Didn't seem to help me...but most people on this board say it should be included.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:58 AM   #402
matt1979
Mouseketeer

Just to follow up on my last post...for All-Star music...a Disney CM on the phone told me to ship to 1601 Lake Buena Vista Drive versus the 1801 in the first post. I shipped to 1801...with my arrival date clearly marked on the shipping label...and I did not get my package on arrival day but had to talk to concierge who got it to me my second day here. I had the feeling had I not specifically asked about my package at concierge...I may not have ever gotten it. Whether that had anything to do with the address I used or was just a mistake on Disney's part...who knows. But someone may want to look into whether something changed. And not only would I recommend people having their arrival date on their label...but after my experience...if you want/need your package on arrival day...call the day or two before and confirm they have your package and it will be available the day you arrive.
Old 02-02-2014, 03:39 PM   #403
neeleyd
Mouseketeer

Help!! Lost Package?

Hoping someone will have insight in this issue...
We checked out of the Cabins at FW on Friday and shipped a 45# box back home that we had shipped to the resort (via UPS). The CM recommended I use Fedex for my return shipping. I personally filled out the ship label and he told me he would call to request a pick up of the package. A couple of hours later I received a vm message that I had a package available for pick up at the front desk, which was a mix up, I'm sure... I called back and was on hold for some time and was told they would call me back because they were very busy. No one called me back. When I check the Fedex website using the tracking # on my receipt, there is no info. I called Fedex and they have nothing in their system with that # either. I called the FW resort and they looked and said there was nothing in their package/shipping area....so it sounds like my package is lost in transit or something. Has anyone had this experience before? I'm hoping that it will take a day or so and then show up in the system....or maybe just show up on my doorstep. It was shipped 3-day which would be Tuesday....any help would be appreciated.
neeleyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:21 PM   #404
DVCmom1960
Earning My Ears

Just Curious Did your package arrive?

Last edited by DVCmom1960; 02-07-2014 at 09:47 PM. Reason: posted @ wrong spot
DVCmom1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:12 AM   #405
neeleyd
Mouseketeer

Sorry I forgot to follow up. Yes I did finally receive my package, but only after calling the resort for the third time. This time the CM looked and said the package was there and said they would call for a Fedex pickup. It came 2 days later than originally scheduled , but thankful it did arrive. Apparently the CM who assisted me the day I shipped failed to follow through and didn't phone to request a package pickup as he assured me he would do and the CM I spoke to on the phone apparently didn't check the mail room at all because she said nothing was there to ship. So, persistence pays off. I really didn't know what to do, but Fedex had no record of my tracking # and also had not charged my cc for the shipment, so I concluded it HAD to still be at the resort. Thanks for asking. Sorry for the lengthy story.
neeleyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: