Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2014, 07:20 PM   #16
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoangelxo View Post
Is there a lot of noise in LM?
We stayed over the busy Columbus Day weekend. The resort was at capacity. We were on the third floor facing the lake and we did not hear a thing.
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:08 PM   #17
dmoore718
If you think being a firefighter is tough, try being a firefighter's wife

We stayed in January 2013 and LOVED it...we were in a Nemo suite and thought it was great for a family of 5. The busses were great too and a very short walk from Nemo section. My kids still talk about how great it was.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2014, 08:31 AM   #18
Jenny Sanders
DIS Veteran

We stayed at AoA twice in 2013. The first time was just my husband and me in a Little Mermaid room in April. The second time was for 5 nights in a Nemo suite during the 4th of July with our 4 kids (21, 17,13 and 13). We loved it both times, and didn't experience any problems.
29 trips to Disney World and counting...next stop POFQ March 2014
Jenny Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:14 PM   #19
cgattis
DIS Veteran

Are the Cozy Cone cabanas rented, or are they just first come, first served? And is the only pool bar at the Nemo pool? And heck, while I'm on a roll...how does the pool water feel now, at night in the winter? Is it comfy? I saw the temp posted somewhere, but it didn't really mean anything to me...?
cgattis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:23 PM   #20
alex9179
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgattis View Post
Are the Cozy Cone cabanas rented, or are they just first come, first served?First come, first served

And is the only pool bar at the Nemo pool?
Yes

And heck, while I'm on a roll...how does the pool water feel now, at night in the winter? Is it comfy? I saw the temp posted somewhere, but it didn't really mean anything to me…?
I don't know, but it was pretty darn cold when we went at the end of Oct 2012!
Have fun!
alex9179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:45 PM   #21
houstonmama
Mouseketeer

It's awesome!!! We usually stay deluxe because we're not park commandos (have special needs kiddo) so we spend a lot of time at our resort. We thought we might miss some of the things that values don't offer but we totally didn't. I thought DD would miss the slide but the Nemo pool is soooo cute she didn't at all. We stayed in a LM room and yes it's smaller but it's adorable! DD loved it . The walk is not bad and walking through the Lion King section makes it go by quickly. We stayed in the Ursula section facing Pop and the view was lovely. We weren't there during a super busy time but didn't notice the resort being too noisy. I'm sure you'll have a great time!

houstonmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:50 PM   #22
I Love Pluto
DIS Veteran
I guess that makes me a kiddie song expert.

We found the Lion King suite to be wonderful in including two full bathrooms. But - we were completely disappointed in the sleep surfaces. We were 4 adults, and we needed beds - not pull-outs.

Maybe AoA will get smart & include BEDS for 4 or 6 in some of the suites??!!

We loved the pools & food court. We did our laundry in the Cars section. It was clean - very clean! Nice section to walk around. Well designed!
Old 01-02-2014, 11:43 PM   #23
AliceandAriel
part of your world!

Stayed in a LM Room October 2013, and it was enchanting. Quiet, a little far to walk to after the parks each day, but worth it. The rooms are decorated magnificently, and the food court was amazing. My only complaint was that housekeeping kept trying to clean the room!

Well, that, and the food court one morning reeked of something gross, like barf. I could barely fill my cup of pop before I had to dip out, gagging.

[May 2012 Off-Site WBC][May 2013 Off-Site WBC][October 2013 AoA LM][February 2014 AoA LK][October 2014 AKV-Kidani]
AliceandAriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:20 AM   #24
CNYDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

I stayed at Art of Animation in 2012 in a Lion King building. I liked it and noise-wise, it wasn't so bad. The food court was good I thought. I liked the pizza and create your own pasta.
CNYDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:57 AM   #25
michashell
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoangelxo View Post
Is there a lot of noise in LM?
We stayed October 2012 and the crowds were at about a 5 or 6. We were on the ground floor of LK near the ice machines. Right outside our bedroom window was were they had the evening movies. I was pleasantly shocked that we didn't hear any noise from either ice machines or movies - and I'm a very light sleeper. Noise level was important to us because we had a little one that still took afternoon naps which is why we chose LK (no pool).

I thought the food court had a nice variety of food choices, but I really missed having a table service restaurant.

Otherwise we loved the resort and would stay again. Our kids were young (5 and 3), so the pools worked well for us. They didn't miss having a slide. The theming was great and it was not nearly as spread out as I expected.
michashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:52 PM   #26
tnd
DIS Veteran

We stayed in a Cars suite this past August and absolutely loved it. The suite was comfortable for 4 people (2 adults, 8 year old, and 2 year old) and had everything we needed. We did rent a car, which I really loved, but on the days when we took the buses, they were fine too.

We were very happy with the food court, other than the slowness of the lines at checkout, but we were there right when they were introducing the RFID mugs, which may have had something to do with it. The pools were excellent, especially the Big Blue Pool.

Before this stay, we had stayed in Bay Lake Towers, the Contemporary, and the Polynesian, and while this does not have the same amenities or location, for the price, it's really excellent. We will likely stay there again this year if we end up back at Disney.
tnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:45 PM   #27
WantToGoNow
DIS Veteran

We had a ground floor LM room on the back T section of the Triton bldg. We had noise the first morning when it sounded like a dozen children running back and forth in the room above us. They must have left that day because we never heard another sound.

I thought the walk was a bit far in the evening but I have a lot of foot pain anyway. I ended up driving back and forth to the main bldg with dd9.

My adult dd had a ECV and she and ds12 always "walked" back and forth.

We swam 4 times - 3 times in the LM quiet pool and once in the Big Blue Pool. I thought the main pool was colder than the quiet pool. The music was neat but it seemed low and I really couldn't understand what they were saying.

We only ate at the food court once - at midnight one night and it was delicious.

We all loved the decor of the resort. I took dds ECV the last evening and went and looked at everything.

The bus service seemed good for the amount of people they serve. We did board early with the ECV but if we arrived when a lot of people in line, we always held back and let a bus load first. Every bus we were on the entire 9 days was standing room only.
WantToGoNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:34 AM   #28
xoangelxo
Earning My Ears

Oh, sorry one more thing.... Are the pools heated?
xoangelxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:46 AM   #29
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoangelxo
Oh, sorry one more thing.... Are the pools heated?
Yep, 82 degrees.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:58 AM   #30
lizzyb
DIS Veteran

We absolutely loved AoA. Stayed in the cars suite which was beautifully themed. No complaints whatsoever.
Oct. 23-28, 2007 Pop Century,July 12-19, 2008 Pop Century, Jan. 23-30, 2009 Pop Century, Jan.23-31,2010 POR, Aug. 28-Sept. 4, 2011 CSR, Aug.13-19, 2012 AoA, April 20-27, 2013 Disney Fantasy, Aug. 3-12, 2014 CR, April 25- May 2, 2015 Disney Fantasy

lizzyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: