Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2013, 10:31 PM   #136
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Hope you are all feeling better!

Love the picture of Kira and her Daddy in the second update!

I can take or leave Fantasmic now. I really like DL's better.

What an awesome Gaston! Sounds like a fantastic character meet!

Jill in CO
Thanks Jill

I love that pic too

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Get well soon Cass!!!
Thanks Jen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Kira makes a beautiful princess! Looks like BBB was worth every single penny.

It totally was worth every penny
Jill in CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Wow! What a cute princess she makes.

I mean, she is such a cute young lady anyway, but to watch that transformation into a princess was priceless.
I was wondering why she was not smiling much in the "first" reveal, but the mention of glasses put things into perspective.

Thanks for sharing, Cass!
LOL, yeah, glasses kind of help, eh?

And she loved every single moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK View Post
Eek! I've been MIA! Kira's BBB pics are priceless! My fav is the one where she is holding her hands to her face, seeing how she looked in the dress for the first time. Brought tears to my eyes.

Glad your FP+ reservation for BOG worked so well. We pre-ordered our food too, but then when we got there, they didn't have our order on file so we had to re-order our meal which took a good 20 minutes (had to wait in the line in the knights hallway). It still saved time though, since we did see a huge line outside the castle.

It sure looks like a fab Magic Kingdom day. That Gaston meet 'n greet was awesome. I may have to visit him next time.... Don't tell dh!

Loving your report so far. Hope you're feeling better and enjoying the season!
I love that shot too

That sucks that they didn't have your order on file

It's weird, there was no line up anywhere when we went! Not outside, not even inside where you pay! Still was nice just to stroll up and have them bring food to us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt & Di View Post
Loved it. Wish my Asiah was small enough to enjoy. She would have loved it when she was younger. Kira sure became a beautiful princess.
Yeah, they should have done the BBB much sooner!

---

With my third round of antibiotics and some (gasp!) prednisone I am finally on the mend.

I will do a couple of chapters tomorrow as I am just editing the photos
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:03 AM   #137
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Happy New Year!

TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2013, 12:48 PM   #138
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 5 - Part 8 - Holy Princesses, Batman!

After getting all purdy, we had a little time to kill before our FP+ with the Princesses, so we stopped to get a little snack...

Then it was back to FairyTale Hall...again

The princesses gave her a little more attention because of her outfit, which was nice because it made it that much more special, not that meeting all the princesses wasn't already the BOMB for my little girl

And of course, Aurora's meet was REALLY magical! She took a very long time with her, compared dresses, did some twirling and chatted quite a bit!

Since I totally blanked out after BBB and forgot to head directly to Castle Couture to grab some Photopass Photos, we stopped there for a few pics before heading out to do other stuff. So far, we hadn't really explored much further than Fantasyland, it felt weird

Just as we were waiting in line, the Photopass photographer that took all of Kira's BBB shots showed up and took over. He actually told the photographer that was there already that he was doing Kira's shots. I tell ya, he must have loved the bands

Here's my fave shots from that sitting:

He was a really nice guy but a lot of his shots were blurry

Still, I am so glad I remembered to go here because they certainly don't tell you about it at BBB.

Last edited by Timon; 12-31-2013 at 01:53 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:52 PM   #139
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 5 - Part 9 - Kissing would be nice, yes?

Next, it was time for a couple more rides. Yes, there are rides in the Magic Kingdom...somewhere.

The Mad Tea Party was our next stop! I did not anticipate how much Kira would love this ride! I can't do spinny things anymore due to my health, so I watched from the sidelines!

I love this first pic cus it looks like Rob is sporting some fairy wings LOL!

Clearly not having any fun at all...

Then it was POOH time!

And we even managed to fit in Mickey's PhilharMagic!

There was still one more Meet & Greet that we wanted to check off our list before dinner, so we headed over to Tiana's area behind the Christmas Shoppe. We got there 15 minutes before the listed meet was supposed to be over but the CM said the line was full and she couldn't let anyone else in!

Okay, this is the one and only time I was upset about a princess meet. Disney knows the lines get long, so why do they list the meet time from let's say 4:00-4:30pm only to arrive at 4:15 to find it closed???

Personally, I think they should list the end time of the meet when they cut off the line. There were several people who showed up the same time as us only to find the rope up and disappointed children!

She told us to come back in 30 minutes for the next meet so we walked around a bit to kill time.

20 minutes later, we went back to Tiana's to find ANOTHER rope with the same CM telling me the line was closed again. She did seem somewhat apologetic since she just told us to come back and we did and it was closed again!!!

Okay, whatever! I was determined to meet Tiana because Kira really wanted to met her and we had big dinner plans and her meeting times later didn't work out for us.

So, we stayed really close and showed up 5 minutes before the meet time to find the line more than half full!

Holy crap, I had no idea Tiana was so darn popular!!! It's not like she's that new any more, what the heck is going on???

Oh well, at least we made it in line this time, with just barely enough time to make it for our dinner reservation!

It was a long wait, which Kira spent on my iphone

As we waited, I noticed the CM's calling up a few kids to the front. I assumed it was for a photopass shot but I couldn't see. She then pointed to Kira and asker her is she wanted to come up and if I had a PP card. I told Kira to go with the CM and pointed out that she had a band on.

So a few minutes later she came back, looking confused, not knowing exactly what she did LOL!

And then we found these in our PP account...

By then, we could see Tiana come out AND as a very nice bonus, Prince Naveen was with her!!! I guess coming back for the third time has its' perks

Let me just say that Prince Naveen would be second on my list for best character meets this trip! (behind Gaston, of course!) He sounded JUST like him! I mean, it was amazing, I swear I was listening to the movie!

The very first time we heard him say "Hey, how you doin'?" Rob and I just smiled at each other and then he said (louder than I think he intended) "Wow, he's really good!" and Naveen heard him and turned back and gave us a smile

Naveen really liked Kira's book! He looked through it all and asked her questions about some of the characters, it was awesome! And to hear him do it with the accent was just perfect!

Tiana was very quiet and hardly said a word. So glad Naveen was there

It was now 5:15pm, which is when our dinner reservation was set for! Thankfully, it wasn't that far away!

Last edited by Timon; 12-31-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:19 PM   #140
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!
shakes dollar bills for good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
[
Another long day and another stuffy for her collection

Did you bring an empty Stuffy Suitcase along for all these guys?
What a sweet sweet picture.
cntkg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 06:29 PM   #141
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!

Quote:
Love this shot of my wonderful hubby!

I love that shot of your wonderful hubby too!

What an awesome trippie, Cass. I'm absolutely loving all the pics!
Old 01-01-2014, 10:34 AM   #142
Walt & Di
DIS Veteran

Trip Report

Loving your pictures and report.
Walt & Di is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 01:11 PM   #143
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 5 - Part 10 - Dining like royalty.

Dinner was to be in the Castle this evening

I really hummed and hawed about booking this meal. I had a really hard time wrapping my brain around spending $175 for dinner

Eventually I gave in thinking that she's never done it before (Rob and I had dinner here on our 7th anniversary back when there were no characters for that meal) and that she is the perfect age and we're not sure when we will get back, so I took the plunge and booked it for my princess!

She was soooo excited!!!

We checked in, waited a few minutes in the waiting room, which is just beautiful, and then took pics with Cinderella.

Kira got to her sign the second Cindy page, the one where I put the prince and step-sisters and Lady Tremaine.

Then we went upstairs!

Well, some of us ran...

I had to ask her to stop for a second while I quickly snapped this sucker...

There was a wand and a star waiting for her at the table...

We got a perfect table near the windows (only 2 tables down from where Rob and I sat in 2005) and this was her reaction when I pointed out that you could see the Carousel...

I can't remember our servers' name but he was very good! Rolls came out right away...

Which paired perfectly with my tomato soup!

My soup was soooooo good! I gave Rob a try and he loved it too so I saved him some.

He got a salad...

And Kira got this..

When our server came back, Rob was eating my soup and mentioned how delicious it was. The server asked Rob if he would like a bowl for himself and guess who nodded his head...

Nothing makes that man happier than food

I got the tenderloin for my entree...

It was very good but I gave Rob my asparagus.

Kira had the mini version, which she didn't eat much of...

and Rob got this...

Then we sat around for a bit waiting for the princesses to show up.

Notice anything in this photo? My friend Mike (Underdawg) would spot it in a second

I don't know if we lucked out with the timing but I loved that I was able to finish my entire meal before any of the princesses came out. Every other character meal, I feel like I have to rush to the buffet, then try to fit in a few bites in between the meets!

I also LOVED that every one but Jasmine actually took Kira's hand and led her away from the table so that all the pics aren't taken right at the messy table!

Snow was doing some kind of pinky thing with my girl

Will have to finish up in the next chapter
Old 01-01-2014, 01:25 PM   #144
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 5 - Part 11 - Cinderella's Royal Table Dinner continues...

It was a parade of Disney Princesses at our table!

Next up was Aurora...

Then Ariel...

Then it was dessert time!

Kira was VERY happy with her selection!

I got the chocolate cake, which is the signature dessert for this meal...cute Cindy theme going...

And Rob got this...

And then the infamous yellow cupcake...

Seriously, Disney must have somehow noted a celebration on all of our reservations because I made all the dining ressies myself and I know I didn't add anything! Enough of the cupcakes already

Then it was time for a little celebration thing. Not sure what was going on exactly but the princesses all went over to one area of the restaurant and then all the boys and girls waived their wands and swords.

And then the very last princess came by...

Can you tell how happy my little girl is?

And since the meal is prepaid, there wasn't even a check!

I would have to rate this meal just slightly behind the Akershus Princess Breakfast. The service was great, the food was very good, the princesses were all great with Kira. I would take away a few points for the cost but give it extra points for ambience and location!

Amazingly, I would absolutely do this meal again, even at $175
Old 01-01-2014, 09:14 PM   #145
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Happy New Year!

Awww thanks hun! Happy New Year to you and yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntkg1 View Post
Did you bring an empty Stuffy Suitcase along for all these guys?
What a sweet sweet picture.
We bought a whole new Disney suitcase at MouseGear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntkg1 View Post
I love that shot of your wonderful hubby too!

What an awesome trippie, Cass. I'm absolutely loving all the pics!
Glad you are enjoying the pics! Despite some health stuff, we had a really great trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt & Di View Post
Loving your pictures and report.
Thanks guys
Old 01-02-2014, 03:31 AM   #146
monica23535
DIS Veteran

Wonderful updates Cass

I adore the picture of Rapunzel hugging Kira, it is just precious!

Sounds like you had a great meal a CRT, I need to give it a try one day when I'm travelling with some girls, as I know my son would not appreciate it one bit, well, maybe when he is a teenager....
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

monica23535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 03:26 PM   #147
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Wonderful updates Cass

I adore the picture of Rapunzel hugging Kira, it is just precious!

Sounds like you had a great meal a CRT, I need to give it a try one day when I'm travelling with some girls, as I know my son would not appreciate it one bit, well, maybe when he is a teenager....
Thanks

Yeah, it's definitely not a boys kind of character meal

Teenager
Old 01-02-2014, 04:58 PM   #148
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 5 - Part 12 - A Magical ending!

Before we go on, I just wanted to post one last photo from our CRT dinner.

Kira drinking my water

Okay, so after our delightful dinner, we wandered over to the wishing well where Kira threw in a Canadian coin...

Some guy was passed out sleeping, right there against the railing on the ground!

We stopped at Cosmic Ray's for a bathroom break and Kira had a little moment

I can't even remember why but she was upset with me and proceeded to turn her chair around so she wouldn't have to look at me!

The attitude didn't last long, thankfully!

Took a spin on TTA next

Then made our way to grab a spot for MSEP.

Camcorder was almost out of battery so I sent Rob to Columbia Harbor House's second floor to charge it up a bit

We got the prefect spot for the parade, right next to the head lock things in Liberty Square. I'm blanking on the correct name for those at the moment. I was thinking Gallows but that's for hanging, right?

Whatever! You know what I mean!

We could see the floats coming down the street and then they turned towards Frontierland right in front of us. Great spot!!!

We all loved it of course!

Kira was asking to get changed into her regular clothes again and it was almost time for our FP+ for Wishes, so we headed towards Main Street USA. Unfortunately, everyone and their dog was too!

And then when we got there, they were playing the Celebrate the Magic show so it took us forever to get across to the bathroom to get her changed!

Then it was a total zoo trying to find the entrance to the FP+ area for Wishes!

It took us a while in the crowds and darkness but we made it with 5 minutes to spare whew!

It was worth the fight cus this area was AWESOME!!!

It wasn't very crowded and we were able to sit on the grass!!! There was no one bumping into me, shoving their way closer, just us and lots of space!!!

The view wasn't perfect, there are some trees blocking some of the view but I didn't care. Being able to sit and rest was sooo worth it!!

I had read blogs about people using their ipads to take photos but so far, I had only seen a few of them using them in the parks. Well, they were everywhere tonight

At one point, we all layed down and watched Soooo comfy!!!

Once it was done, we headed right to the Castle to see the Celebrate the Magic Show. It was soooo beautiful!! LOVED it!!!

We strolled down Main Street, taking our time while the crowds thinned out. The park was closed and it was time to go home.

It was such a long, wonderful day filled with so many fantastic memories. It was, by far, my favourite day overall because of the new stuff we got to see, all the princesses meets, Kira's BBB and dinner in the Castle. Add the night time entertainment and WOW, just MAGICAL!!!
Old 01-02-2014, 06:13 PM   #149
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 6 - Part 1 - Breakfast with 'Ohana

Today was Halloween! Very excited for this day!!! Tonight was Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at the MK but first up was breakfast with some very special friends.

She migrated to the floor this morning LOL!

And finally a pic of the pop machine that we pass several times per day! Kira requested this one!

The now-all-blue sign!

Rob didn't even notice that the last trip this sucker was pink!

Wish we were checking in!

The CM asked us if we were checking in and I said nope but we have breakfast reservations and then he asked me for my MB, which he took and scanned! Neat!

I love the Poly so much! One day we WILL stay here!

So, we were to meet our friends Chuck and Nancy at Kona for breakfast.

I "met" Nancy online in July 2006 on our Cruise Meet Thread for our October 2007 cruise, along with many other wonderful DIS friends.

We just clicked right away, which was amazing because I don't "click" with many people. She reminds me so much of my mum and I truly believe that somehow, my mom up in Heaven, sent Nancy to me. She is sweet and generous and loving and so kind. Ever since then, we've become the BEST of friends and despite living so far away from her, she has become my best friend in the whole world (right after my hubby, of course )

It had been 4 VERY LONG years since I had seen them last so this was THE day that I was looking forward to!

As soon as I saw her across the second floor, I started running! I could see her running towards me and Kira was running behind me trying to catch up LOL!

We hugged for what seemed an eternity and both started bawling like babies!

At one point we were crying so hard, we had to tear away from each other just to stop

Lots of hugs later, we composed ourselves long enough to get a group shot.

Then onto Kona!

Kona breakfast was mine and Rob's favourite meal from last trip! He fell in love with the Kona coffee and the food was just amazing!

After getting a table, Nancy and Chuck spoiled us with some presents!

We got some gorgeous hand-made luggage tags and some wicked Disney Car Vinyls, which made me wish we hadn't bought the other ones, but no worries, we have two vehicles

Kira was spoiled with a Disney Tervis tumbler and a Disney Halloween Shirt.

Nancy is always sending things for Kira so while she doesn't remember meeting them when she was 2, she knows them very well from all the pressies

We were introducing Nancy and Chuck to the Kona coffee, so they ordered two pressed pots!

As good as you remember, Rob? I think so LOL!

Nancy ordered the famous Tonga Toast

While the rest of us had the Big Kahuna

While they enjoyed their coffee, I have to say that I was very disappointed with my food. Everything was dry and yucky. But that's okay, the company MORE than made up for it.

They ordered another round...Kira helped this time...

And sadly our breakfast was over. I didn't want it to end. It was so great to see them again!!!

Unfortunately, we had some things to do before the Halloween Party started so we said our good-byes for now. We would see them later at the party but we ended up only visiting with them for a few minutes that night.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:00 PM   #150
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!

Quote:
Day 5 - Part 12 - A Magical ending!

Before we go on, I just wanted to post one last photo from our CRT dinner.

Kira drinking my water

And look how she holds that glass. LOL!!! Like a little pro.

Quote:
Okay, so after our delightful dinner, we wandered over to the wishing well Once it was done, we headed right to the Castle to see the Celebrate the Magic Show. It was soooo beautiful!! LOVED it!!!

Love this show! I'm totally amazed by the entire thing.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: