Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 01:31 PM   #3721
tripplanner2
DIS Veteran

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Bug...Happy Birthday Hope it was wonderful.

Ready to take down all the holiday stuff but have someplace to be soon. Not enough time. Hope tomorrow.

Watched Saving Mr. Banks too. Loved it! Had all the kids with me. Not exactly what I was expecting. Fine for older two but younger one was exposed to more than I was planning. MKY: Agree that I thought there would be more of Disneyland in the movie. But I wished it would go on forever. Loved seeing Walt at work.

Tomar: Sounds like you all had the flu. Took DD9 to Dr. cause she had a deep cough and was afraid with the asthma. Doctor said EVERYONE has the flu. But if you received the flu shot it was doing a decent job this year. Heard H1N1 is back this year. Not as bad as 2009 cause lots already exposed. Glad your doing better.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:14 PM   #3722
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Talking

Happy 2014 All!

Tomar, sorry you have been sick. Take care. Push fluids and rest!
I cannot believe it doesn't get as cold in NJ? Well we don't get nor-eastern's so there is always a trade off. Yesterday I parked in the parking garage at the hospital and my windows where totally frozen shut > still can't open them. Ugh. Luckily we are on the "good" side of lake micigan cause east of us and east of the lake get terrible snow from lake effect.
Tomar, I think you are the only member of our clan with BCV experience: please give me the good, bad, and ugly? I booked for a 1 br and the AAA rate was already 20% I was surprised but the skeptic in me wonders why? But, could be to remind people about it with all the opening dvc on monorail line.

EE22, so so glad you finally got home. Was very worried > that was some last ride. Can't wait till you have time to give us the insider look at fp+ and what you thought? Seems they have change alot of it from my experience in october.

TP2, I had a weird weather day dec 28th and it was about 50 out?? So I took our stuff down early. So glad I did now cause it was really nasty out since. It is definately a lot of work thou.

RHMH, Hope your holiday's have been super. And I am sure Santa was great with Midori!

And yes TP2 is right! Flu is out there. We are seeing alot of it too. Not taken care of can lead to bigger things > pneumonia, dehydration........ You name it. Take care of yourselves! Oooh sorry trying to repress the RN in me. But its always a struggle.

Everyone enjoy the rest of your week and winter vac time!

mky

GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x27], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CSR, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2014, 02:51 PM   #3723
TOMAR@SSR
DIS Veteran

Hi Guys !!
HAPPY NEW YEAR`S DAY !!
well, got out of bed last night, "cheek kissed" the crew. and went back to sleep !! lol...that was the extent of my "Happy New Year" being sick !
TP2- guess what ?...we all took the flu shot this year !!! I can`t believe it !...but I knew I was in for it , because the kids were sick , and DH was as well, even though I sprayed the house a gazillion times a day with lysol Spray, it was the inevedible !! Y U K !
Starting to feel alittle better, taking Augmenten, and an RX cough syrup my Cardio RXed to our Pharmacy, The kids were on Z-Pack, and had to get Augmenten as well, Z-Pack wasn`t cutting it for them....

Sooooooooo, we are supposed to be getting our first Winter Nor-Easter tomrrow, I am litterally shaking here , I have a "No Power" Phobia since Sandy , I admit it, and can`t seem to get over it !! ...
TP2- I just hope it blows over our area and yours !!

MKY- Trust me, even though I hate the cold, and can`t deal with it with taking blood thinners, I cannot think of us getting another Nor-Easter again....Y U K !

I am Dying to get to see "Saving Mr. Banks"...I got sick on Xmas Eve, and never got to the movies to see it !!..Im hoping for this week, (if we aren`t snowed in ) ugh!

Thank you all for the get well wishes....and.....
Hope Everyone has a great day today !!
Old 01-01-2014, 03:23 PM   #3724
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Your right Tomar, I saw the news too about your storm approaching > even the 1st page of aol.com. Scary stuff. I am with you. We do not have a generator although dad has considered one from time to time. Having no power is terrible. Its like camping. I just do NOT do it.

Hang in there. TP2 is right > taking the flu shot > you might still get it > but it will not be as severe. I also recommend a pneumonia shot. Surprising how many kids I see without any immunizations. The tv commercials are right too > pertussis [whooping cough] is a REAL mess when your a baby. I know there is a debate ? of side effect's. But some of these diseases are not to be ignored too. OMG > RN fighting to come out again.

Now back to your regular channel....................

Happy Planning, mky

Bug, says thanks for BDay wishes.

GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x27], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CSR, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
Old 01-01-2014, 03:45 PM   #3725
TOMAR@SSR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkymouse4ever View Post
Your right Tomar, I saw the news too about your storm approaching > even the 1st page of aol.com. Scary stuff. I am with you. We do not have a generator although dad has considered one from time to time. Having no power is terrible. Its like camping. I just do NOT do it.

Hang in there. TP2 is right > taking the flu shot > you might still get it > but it will not be as severe. I also recommend a pneumonia shot. Surprising how many kids I see without any immunizations. The tv commercials are right too > pertussis [whooping cough] is a REAL mess when your a baby. I know there is a debate ? of side effect's. But some of these diseases are not to be ignored too. OMG > RN fighting to come out again.

Now back to your regular channel....................

Happy Planning, mky

Bug, says thanks for BDay wishes.
MKY- Awww....I cannot believe that some children come in with no immunizations....that makes me sooo sad ..
Soooo, ok. had the pneumonia shot as well, lol, I guess that`s the reason why Im not actually "Dying" right now ....but I still feel like crap, if yu know what I mean !!

When we were in Sandy, we were hooked up with our neighbor`s generator, there were cables going across the streets , and everyone chipped in for the gas ...we have a great devolopment here ....Mr. Tomar hates the fact that the thingy has to be outside the garage, and yu have to keep the garage open a bit.....I don`t blame him, and besides, a portable generator just keeps your food from spoiling, and a light on in one room or another, "no heat ", unless you have a space heater, and I worry about that as well...UGH !! Im trying not to think of it again !!

ok...so
ROTFL....now back to your regularly scheduled programing !!

Is it "SUMMER" YET ?!!!!!
Old 01-01-2014, 06:16 PM   #3726
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney

Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas

Quote:
Happy 2014 All!

Tomar, sorry you have been sick. Take care. Push fluids and rest!
I cannot believe it doesn't get as cold in NJ? Well we don't get nor-eastern's so there is always a trade off. Yesterday I parked in the parking garage at the hospital and my windows where totally frozen shut > still can't open them. Ugh. Luckily we are on the "good" side of lake micigan cause east of us and east of the lake get terrible snow from lake effect.
Tomar, I think you are the only member of our clan with BCV experience: please give me the good, bad, and ugly? I booked for a 1 br and the AAA rate was already 20% I was surprised but the skeptic in me wonders why? But, could be to remind people about it with all the opening dvc on monorail line.

EE22, so so glad you finally got home. Was very worried > that was some last ride. Can't wait till you have time to give us the insider look at fp+ and what you thought? Seems they have change alot of it from my experience in october.

TP2, I had a weird weather day dec 28th and it was about 50 out?? So I took our stuff down early. So glad I did now cause it was really nasty out since. It is definately a lot of work thou.

RHMH, Hope your holiday's have been super. And I am sure Santa was great with Midori!

And yes TP2 is right! Flu is out there. We are seeing alot of it too. Not taken care of can lead to bigger things > pneumonia, dehydration........ You name it. Take care of yourselves! Oooh sorry trying to repress the RN in me. But its always a struggle.

Everyone enjoy the rest of your week and winter vac time!

mky
Thanks MKY - YES - Again Santa put me in the $$RED$$ ... Guess what? He could not say no to Midori again.

UGG Boots --------UGH 250.00 for a pair of boots she is going to grow out of in 4 months..... In addition to all of her other gifts..

Link to RHMH - July 2014 Disneyland Trip Report Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3302724

DD 15 ME 56 Issac 24
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009, WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013
DLR 2014
Old 01-02-2014, 12:51 AM   #3727
tripplanner2
DIS Veteran

Tomar: Be ready...I got an update that we are getting a blizzard. Not happy at all. Going to hit the super market in the morning because we have no food in the house. Had tons of left overs from Christmas and then have been busy, not eating home. We only have milk and water to drink. Actually looking forward to being stuck in the house for a day or so. No plans, no running around.

MKY: Don't apologize for the nurse coming out. I always love your advice. I think we all do.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:05 PM   #3728
TOMAR@SSR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripplanner2 View Post
Tomar: Be ready...I got an update that we are getting a blizzard. Not happy at all. Going to hit the super market in the morning because we have no food in the house. Had tons of left overs from Christmas and then have been busy, not eating home. We only have milk and water to drink. Actually looking forward to being stuck in the house for a day or so. No plans, no running around.

MKY: Don't apologize for the nurse coming out. I always love your advice. I think we all do.
O M G !!!!!
Mr. Tomar went food shopping for me yesterday, thank god !!
Stay safe TP2 and family !!!!
Old 01-03-2014, 12:13 AM   #3729
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Hiya everyone,

Wondering how everyone did with the storm. So the 1st time in several years we get lake effect snow > after the big storm came through. Snowed all nite and day till 4pm. Ugh. Came home and shovel till my "heart" told me to quit. Got "enough" done through to make a difference.

Hope you guys didn't lose power. Hang in there. summer is getting closer every day.

TP2, you are toooooooooo kind.

RHMH, we went over this already just say NO. Yes, I realize it is hard but it is good to use once in a while.

Happy friday, mky

Old 01-04-2014, 09:35 AM   #3730
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney

Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas

Quote:
Hiya everyone,

RHMH, we went over this already just say NO. Yes, I realize it is hard but it is good to use once in a while.

Happy friday, mky
- You are absolutely correct -

You will be proud of me - I did say no to another Apple Lap Top - Midori wanted to upgrade from Air to Pro. Just could not see the benefits.

I'm learning

Link to RHMH - July 2014 Disneyland Trip Report Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3302724

DD 15 ME 56 Issac 24
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009, WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013
DLR 2014
Old 01-04-2014, 02:17 PM   #3731
akur
One hour too far from WDW

June 13-15

I just booked a room for my twins' 8th bday. We're on a budget, so we ended up at ASSports. not my favorite, but i'll take what I can. We will just be hanging around the pool ... no parks this time (unless we hit the lottery). We're on the Disney Visa discount and have ADRs for Trails End on Saturday.
Now I need a countdown ticker.

1 hour away from WDW

Old 01-05-2014, 02:43 PM   #3732
candizfan
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! Happy New Year!

I hope this year is a great one!

The weather has been incredible lately. We hade 35cm of snow (there are about 2.5cm per inch) from New Year's eve until Jan 2nd. There was a lot of drifting and the plows had a very hard time keeping up. The drive into work on the 2nd was terrible.

There is a huge storm coming our way again today and a deep freeze! It is going to be bad because all the slush on the roads and lots will be pure ice by tonight.

We did escape the power outage before Christmas as that was in the Toronto area, but I had friends without power the entire holidays. It was horrible for them and unheard of for us. We are never without power for that long.

MKY - the flu is really bad here. It is very severe and is hitting a lot of people. It is nothing for fool with this year.

Stay safe everyone!
offsite'95,2000,01,03,POR July 03,SSR July 05, Disney Magic Mar 07, OKW Mar 08, AKV July 08, SSR Jan 09, Disney Magic Mar 09, AKV Mar 2010, SSR Feb 11, Disney Magic Mar 11, AKV May 12, Universal Mar 13, Disney Fantasy Mar 14
Old 01-05-2014, 10:22 PM   #3733
tripplanner2
DIS Veteran

So we survived the storm with electricity. Thank goodness!

Thinking...only thinking about an August trip. Think school goes back early this year so not sure if it will work. But have a question...could have sworn BOG was a character meal. Just looking over everything and it is not. Is that new for 2014?
Old 01-06-2014, 06:41 AM   #3734
EEyorelover22
I want to live in the Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripplanner2 View Post
So we survived the storm with electricity. Thank goodness!

Thinking...only thinking about an August trip. Think school goes back early this year so not sure if it will work. But have a question...could have sworn BOG was a character meal. Just looking over everything and it is not. Is that new for 2014?
It was not a character meal...he came into the room and was introduced and left and then you could get a pic with him on the way out after dinner. It was like this in Dec 2012 right after opening and the same for Dec 2013 as well.

Try the grey stuff...it's delicious...and only at dinner from what I understand.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:06 AM   #3735
candizfan
DIS Veteran

How is everyone making out this weekend. We are having a great thaw here! We lost over a foot of snow yesterday and luckily my basement is still dry!

How is everyone else making out?
offsite'95,2000,01,03,POR July 03,SSR July 05, Disney Magic Mar 07, OKW Mar 08, AKV July 08, SSR Jan 09, Disney Magic Mar 09, AKV Mar 2010, SSR Feb 11, Disney Magic Mar 11, AKV May 12, Universal Mar 13, Disney Fantasy Mar 14
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: