Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2014, 08:48 AM   #931
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Good Morning and Happy New Year! It's been a loooooooong time since I've been over to the thread........ Can I come back

Hope everyone is doing well - way too much for me to catch up on. Only one change for me - no BWV - going back to the WL. DH doesn't have any desire to stay at BWV, and I really didn't want to do WL again (I like to try new resorts), so we compromised.....WL CL. Now everyone's happy!

Candance - Stay warm!!!! According to the news, the NE is going to get pounded, huh?! Rainy and nasty here today in the deep South Good day to clean out the closets!

Jen - Hi there! Sorry to hear about your friend You're right....tragedies like that put things in perspective for sure. Glad your March trip is on!!!

Pas - Hiya!!! Hope all is well

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:06 AM   #932
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Heather! So nice to hear from you! Hope you and your family have been keeping well! Did Santa bring any AG things for Faith for Christmas??

Jeanette: Morning friend....please don't work too hard. Thanks for the hug. We found out this morning that there will be no service, he only wanted a party for all of his friends and family.

Erica: Safe travels and have a wonderful trip!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2014, 09:12 AM   #933
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Heather! So nice to hear from you! Hope you and your family have been keeping well! Did Santa bring any AG things for Faith for Christmas??
All is well here. And oh yes....Saige arrived at our house on Christmas morning along with a doll wardrobe for their clothes. Faith was on cloud 9!!! What about your girls???

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 01-02-2014, 09:17 AM   #934
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Good Morning and Happy New Year! It's been a loooooooong time since I've been over to the thread........ Can I come back

Hope everyone is doing well - way too much for me to catch up on. Only one change for me - no BWV - going back to the WL. DH doesn't have any desire to stay at BWV, and I really didn't want to do WL again (I like to try new resorts), so we compromised.....WL CL. Now everyone's happy!

Candance - Stay warm!!!! According to the news, the NE is going to get pounded, huh?! Rainy and nasty here today in the deep South Good day to clean out the closets!

Jen - Hi there! Sorry to hear about your friend You're right....tragedies like that put things in perspective for sure. Glad your March trip is on!!!

Pas - Hiya!!! Hope all is well
HEATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you come back You never left us girlfriend You were busy, out of sight, NEVER out of mind WL CL NICE!!!

The crappy weather is my Dad's fault..ever since he moved to SC from NJ they've been hit

Missed ya girl

Quote:
Jeanette: Morning friend....please don't work too hard. Thanks for the hug. We found out this morning that there will be no service, he only wanted a party for all of his friends and family.
That's nice, only a party..to celebrate him, rather than mourn him I am sure there will not be lots of transports..and I will stay safe, promise!

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:24 AM   #935
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
HEATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you come back You never left us girlfriend You were busy, out of sight, NEVER out of mind WL CL NICE!!!

The crappy weather is my Dad's fault..ever since he moved to SC from NJ they've been hit

Missed ya girl
You're too sweet! Thanks! At least with the bad weather, I'm getting the upstairs cleaned up. What a mess!!!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 01-02-2014, 12:01 PM   #936
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Good Morning and Happy New Year to all my RC family!!! Yes it's me and I'm here! Actually I've been here all along .... just reading and enjoying all your changes! I haven't felt like posting much but now it's a new year with new hopes and dreams!

So to catch you up ...... Oct 13th I injured my back .... somehow I managed to end up with 3 compression fractures .... and yes I did it all by coughing! Middle of the night ambulance ride to the hospital, awful doctor and nurse who really did nothing to help me, a couple of phone appointments with my regular doctor since I couldn't get out of bed .... finally was able to get into see the doctor on Dec 4th (Happy Birthday to me), which is when they did another xray and discovered the 3 compression fractures. More meds and referred to PT ... finally a step forward!

Of course I had to cancel my trip to WDW with the Grannies and Wannabees. Very sad and so sorry to miss meeting so many Disers. Thank you Melissa for taking 2 weeks of timeshares off my hands so at least I didn't lose that money! Hope you enjoyed it!

The holidays were hard since I just wasn't able to do all the things that I normally do ... shopping (thank goodness for the internet), wrapping presents, baking and cooking. I did learn that what was really important was having my friends and family around me.

A special thank you to Janet, Christine and Jeanette (my Dis daughter) for your texts, emails and phone calls ... I really appreciated all your support! Thank you to all my other wonderful RC ladies .... I so appreciated your asking about me here on our little thread .... made me feel so loved!

But as I said it's a new year and I'm back planning a late spring vacation ... can't keep this lady down for long .... also DH and I both have a large SW credit to use. Stay tuned to see where I end up!

Hugs to all!
Old 01-02-2014, 01:33 PM   #937
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Glad your spirits are a little higher Linda! And hoping you make more steps forward with your back. glad you have something to look forward to with a spring trip, life is a little bleak with no vacations planned. Take care!

Jen
Old 01-02-2014, 01:58 PM   #938
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Oh I love Phantom! THat sounds great Wookie!
Just that one thing was what sold me on the entire trip. I've been in love with Phantom since we did it as our show my Senior year for marching band. On that trip, the DH not only want to visit DC, but Gettysburg, Niagara Falls, and Hersey, PA.

Quote:
Well, DH and I had a very good friend pass away yesterday. He was both of our bosses for a long time and a great person. He was in Detroit for the winter classes hockey game when it happened. Only 62. So again when something tragic like this happens we put things in perspective. So for sure we are going in March to WDW now. It was up in the air but not anymore. Life it too short.
I'm so sorry. Prayers said for his family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Good Morning and Happy New Year to all my RC family!!! Yes it's me and I'm here! Actually I've been here all along .... just reading and enjoying all your changes! I haven't felt like posting much but now it's a new year with new hopes and dreams!

So to catch you up ...... Oct 13th I injured my back .... somehow I managed to end up with 3 compression fractures .... and yes I did it all by coughing! Middle of the night ambulance ride to the hospital, awful doctor and nurse who really did nothing to help me, a couple of phone appointments with my regular doctor since I couldn't get out of bed .... finally was able to get into see the doctor on Dec 4th (Happy Birthday to me), which is when they did another xray and discovered the 3 compression fractures. More meds and referred to PT ... finally a step forward!

Of course I had to cancel my trip to WDW with the Grannies and Wannabees. Very sad and so sorry to miss meeting so many Disers. Thank you Melissa for taking 2 weeks of timeshares off my hands so at least I didn't lose that money! Hope you enjoyed it!

The holidays were hard since I just wasn't able to do all the things that I normally do ... shopping (thank goodness for the internet), wrapping presents, baking and cooking. I did learn that what was really important was having my friends and family around me.

A special thank you to Janet, Christine and Jeanette (my Dis daughter) for your texts, emails and phone calls ... I really appreciated all your support! Thank you to all my other wonderful RC ladies .... I so appreciated your asking about me here on our little thread .... made me feel so loved!

But as I said it's a new year and I'm back planning a late spring vacation ... can't keep this lady down for long .... also DH and I both have a large SW credit to use. Stay tuned to see where I end up!

Hugs to all!
I'm so sorry to hear about your back troubles. I'll keep you in our prayers until you are back to 100%. I can't wait to hear where you end up. Where ever it is, I am sure it will be a ton of fun.

After spending hours yesterday trying to find a cabin to rent closer than 55 miles to Yellowstone, I finally made the DH talk about our Summer trip. It seems that we had totally different views on what this trip was going to be. I though we would spend at least 2 nights in Estes Park, but he didn't even want to spend 1 night there. We finally compromised and are going to do 1 night. I thought he wanted to leave either the day the DSs got out of school or the next, but he would rather go later in the Summer. Which makes me happy, because The Stanley didn't have any availability in the main building for the dates I thought he wanted. Now I just have to make sure we're home in time for Joey to be back for mandatory Summer football practice. Then he said the thing that had me and literally breaking out in itchy hives....he didn't want to make any hotel/cabin reservations at all. He just thinks he can show up at Yellowstone (one of the most popular Summer National Parks) and be able to get a decent hotel/cabin and it not cost an arm and a leg.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:42 PM   #939
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Wookie, I LOVE Phantom!! :-)

So, got word of an offer almost too good to be true from the travel agency we've used the past 2 WDW trips...$209/night for GF for a specific weekend in July. (3 nights) I SOOOOooo would love to do it. I mean, when would we be able to stay at GF for that price again?? Don't think that it would be in line with DH's plan to save money this year and not do a WDW trip though...
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:45 AM   #940
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Good Morning to all!

Hope everyone is staying warm. Cold here in South Georgia with a temperature this morning of 28 degrees! That's cold for us!!! Here's a little Florida sunshine to brighten your day.

I was up super early to take my parents to the airport - now it's time for some coffee and Dis.

Linda - so sorry to hear about your back Sounds like things are looking better, though, AND you have a vacation planned That always helps the spirit. Hope you continue to heal each day.

Koh - ya might want to snag that GF deal!!! That's unheard of!!! Holy cow! I just got 20% off our WL CL room yesterday through the Disney Visa....not great, but we'll take it. Think the standard rooms were 30% off.

Wookie - any news on your Yellowstone cabin?

Back to some TRs now....

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 01-03-2014, 07:00 AM   #941
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Good Morning to all! Hope everyone is staying warm. Cold here in South Georgia with a temperature this morning of 28 degrees! That's cold for us!!! Here's a little Florida sunshine to brighten your day. I was up super early to take my parents to the airport - now it's time for some coffee and Dis. Linda - so sorry to hear about your back Sounds like things are looking better, though, AND you have a vacation planned That always helps the spirit. Hope you continue to heal each day. Koh - ya might want to snag that GF deal!!! That's unheard of!!! Holy cow! I just got 20% off our WL CL room yesterday through the Disney Visa....not great, but we'll take it. Think the standard rooms were 30% off. Wookie - any news on your Yellowstone cabin? Back to some TRs now....
I was pricing tickets and flights this morning...lol
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:03 AM   #942
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland

You're too sweet! Thanks! At least with the bad weather, I'm getting the upstairs cleaned up. What a mess!!!
Lol, I feel bad for DH stuck at home on this snow day. I'm missing my babies terribly, but he doesn't do well being stuck in the house
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma

Hugs to all!
mama you're so very welcome!
I'm so happy you are back to planning you are very loved!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3
, life is a little bleak with no vacations planned.
Jen
Ain't that the truth!
Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin

After spending hours yesterday trying to find a cabin to rent closer than 55 miles to Yellowstone, I finally made the DH talk about our Summer trip. It seems that we had totally different views on what this trip was going to be. I though we would spend at least 2 nights in Estes Park, but he didn't even want to spend 1 night there. We finally compromised and are going to do 1 night. I thought he wanted to leave either the day the DSs got out of school or the next, but he would rather go later in the Summer. Which makes me happy, because The Stanley didn't have any availability in the main building for the dates I thought he wanted. Now I just have to make sure we're home in time for Joey to be back for mandatory Summer football practice. Then he said the thing that had me and literally breaking out in itchy hives....he didn't want to make any hotel/cabin reservations at all. He just thinks he can show up at Yellowstone (one of the most popular Summer National Parks) and be able to get a decent hotel/cabin and it not cost an arm and a leg.
men!!! They don't get our obsession with planning a perfect trip..there is a method to our madness after all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977

So, got word of an offer almost too good to be true from the travel agency we've used the past 2 WDW trips...$209/night for GF for a specific weekend in July. (3 nights) I SOOOOooo would love to do it. I mean, when would we be able to stay at GF for that price again?? Don't think that it would be in line with DH's plan to save money this year and not do a WDW trip though...
ahhhh krystal, I would SO take that. That's an amazing rate for gf!!! I'm not helping your budget, sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland
Good Morning to all!

Hope everyone is staying warm. Cold here in South Georgia with a temperature this morning of 28 degrees! That's cold for us!!! Here's a little Florida sunshine to brighten your day.

I was up super early to take my parents to the airport - now it's time for some coffee and Dis.
It's 11 degrees here, and my car is covered in snow...getting paid to play on my phone LOL

Ahhh a beautiful morning pic, great to have ya back

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:32 AM   #943
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

I am stuck.

My car battery is frozen. AAA gave a timeframe of up to 2 hours....

Meanwhile, DD7 was supposed to have her physical, right now....rescheduled that....and the kids still have not been back to school....and I am missing work again as of right now....

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:51 AM   #944
ToyStory3
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! New here and I would love some opinions and feedback!

Our family (DH, 2 grade school kids, myself) is planning our 2nd on-site family trip to WDW in September 2014. Our first trip was 2011 and it was fantastic. We stayed at the BCR CL and really liked it. We loved the quick walk to Epcot, Stormalong Bay, etc. And, we liked staying CL. We didn't use the concierge services much - only had a few dining reservations. But, with 2 small kids we loved being able to stop in for a can of pop, quick snack, having breakfast there every morning, etc.

So, for this trip we wanted to try a new deluxe resort and stay CL again. After reading the boards it seemed like BCR's CL doesn't get much love and the other resorts seem to have better lounges, offerings, etc. We originally booked WL but changed our minds. We thought about AKL for a while. We looked at every other resort at WDW and we just couldn't imagine staying anywhere but BCR again. So, we decided to go back and changed our reservation to BCR CL.

Well, last night I was listening to a Disney podcast and they were talking about what a rip-off CL is at Disney now. They said their offerings have gone downhill. It's basically a veggie and cheese plate. They don't really provide any additional services anymore. But, the price keeps going up. So, now I'm doubting everything again. I'm wondering if that's true if you go to WDW a lot. But, we only go every few years so I feel like CL makes the whole trip a little more special and convenient.

I know that this is a subjective topic and what's "worth it" to one person may not be to another. But, I'd love to hear other opinions on it. Trying to decide if we should stick with CL because we loved it last time. Or...are we spending way too much on, for very little return, and should use our money elsewhere.

Thanks for any opinions!

ToyStory3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 01:27 PM   #945
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Happy New Year! I've been reading along and trying to keep track of the changes!

Jen - so sorry for the loss of your friend. :-(

Linda - great to see you back and you "sound" so upbeat! Your spring trip sounds amazing.

Wook - we spent a day at Yellowstone 12 years ago. It was sooo cool. I'm with you on not showing up without reservations though!

Candace - hope the car is fixed quickly. Stay warm! I'm still not back to work. Monday is going to kill me!

Hi Heather, pas, dimestoregirl, Koh, gwynne, Marie, Luv, everyone! A big howdy to the new posters!

ToyStory - we have never done CL so not sure I am the best to offer you advice. A lot of the women here love it though. I think we would like it but every time I compare prices, I just can't pull the trigger.

My MIL is dying to join us at WDW. I think we should head down Spring Break if we get APs this year. Lol

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
basketlacey is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: