Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2013, 05:02 PM   #346
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rymahoney View Post
Does anyone fax there room request along with have them add them to ur reservation. If so what's fax number? Thanks guys.
We never have faxed. Just call CRO and they can add it to your reservation. If you do online check-in you can also make a longhouse request at that point along with requesting a balcony.

me DH DD22 DD11 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Magic Mediterranean
maiapapaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:30 PM   #347
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rymahoney View Post
Does anyone fax there room request along with have them add them to ur reservation. If so what's fax number? Thanks guys.
I could be mistaken, but I don't think any resorts except POR and POFQ take fax requests anymore, but hopefully someone will be able to verify that or correct me if I'm wrong. Like the pp, I have always had requests noted when I booked or called back later to have them added.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2013, 07:12 PM   #348
sandym718
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandkmom View Post
Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but I just heard that the monorail won't be running on the weekdays from 11:30-7 while we're at the Poly. This is especially disappointing because we have a chronically ill daughter who needs to return to the hotel to rest at different points during the day and the monorail was always a quick, easy way to return to the Poly. What is the best option for transport to and from MK with a wheelchair and a stroller?

With this news on top of the construction, changes in the Guest Assistance Card policy and the 3pm parade being cancelled, our trip is starting to look very different than we imagined. Try to roll with the changes though!
I'm going to guess that the ferry to the TTC and then walking to the Poly would be your best bet. I don't think the direct, smaller boats to the Poly can accommodate wheelchairs, but I could be wrong. The only other option would be the bus they'll be adding at that time - but that would mean folding up the stroller and waiting for an open accessible bus.

Previous trips as a child/teen: FW 1985, offsite 1991, Disneyland 1992
Family trips: 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 - all at the Poly!

sandym718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:16 PM   #349
sandym718
DIS Veteran

Should I do online check-in? Looking for opinions. We never have in the past, but wondering if I should this time. We'll have two rooms, 1 starting a day before the other (and ending 3 days sooner). 2 separate reservations but I "control" both if that makes sense. We have already linked the reservations and requested adjoining and connecting rooms. Is it an option to "re-request" that online? We'd also like to request first floor, Tokelau, west side.

I'm just not sure how the different start days will impact our requests.

Old 12-30-2013, 09:10 PM   #350
Bonacker
Mouseketeer

Faxing room request

Tikiman's website talks about how room requests are honored, and it mentions faxed requests.... So that sounds like they do still accept faxed requests?

Also, this phone/fax list (with notes about who does and doesn't accept faxes) was apparently last updated in May of this year:
http://allears.net/acc/res_phn.htm

No idea if this is accurate or not. But I'm going to go ahead and give it a try. You never know.
Bonacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:05 AM   #351
Brandee23
Mouseketeer

When i made reservations for July I asked if the volcano pool will be open, the person helping me said there are no notices out that it won't be. I hear so much about it being closed on here, do the people at reservations just not know, or is there a chance it could be open at the time?

Last edited by Brandee23; 01-01-2014 at 07:12 AM.
Brandee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:51 PM   #352
jandkmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandym718 View Post
I'm going to guess that the ferry to the TTC and then walking to the Poly would be your best bet. I don't think the direct, smaller boats to the Poly can accommodate wheelchairs, but I could be wrong. The only other option would be the bus they'll be adding at that time - but that would mean folding up the stroller and waiting for an open accessible bus.
Thanks so much, Sandy! The TTC boat does seem like the quickest route. Another question: I saw a picture of a TV screen at a resort bus stop that had the times for the next busses...has Poly gotten those as well?
Old 01-01-2014, 07:24 PM   #353
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandkmom View Post
Thanks so much, Sandy! The TTC boat does seem like the quickest route. Another question: I saw a picture of a TV screen at a resort bus stop that had the times for the next busses...has Poly gotten those as well?
We were there in early December and there were no such screens for the busses.

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:51 AM   #354
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran

Well it looks as if we'll be back at the Poly in late April/early May under the Disney Visa discount that came out today (general public discount is supposed to cone out on Monday).

We were originally booked at the Poly then switched to CR due to construction concerns. But the discount was not available for any non-CL rooms at CR over our dates. So I decided that, even with potential construction issues, I'd rather stay at Poly with a 30 percent discount than CR with no discount.

Now we just have to hope that the construction won't be too disruptive. While it looks like there will be some construction going on at the GCH and the east side of the resort, my main concerns are the Volcano Pool being operational and Kona and 'Ohana being open (have ADRs at both).
Old 01-02-2014, 10:05 AM   #355
Pirate Mickey mom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masonmj84 View Post
Well it looks as if we'll be back at the Poly in late April/early May under the Disney Visa discount that came out today (general public discount is supposed to cone out on Monday). We were originally booked at the Poly then switched to CR due to construction concerns. But the discount was not available for any non-CL rooms at CR over our dates. So I decided that, even with potential construction issues, I'd rather stay at Poly with a 30 percent discount than CR with no discount. Now we just have to hope that the construction won't be too disruptive. While it looks like there will be some construction going on at the GCH and the east side of the resort, my main concerns are the Volcano Pool being operational and Kona and 'Ohana being open (have ADRs at both).
Welcome back! My husband and I felt the same way after we found out about the construction and January pool closure. Maybe it will get pushed back again and you will be able to enjoy the pool on your trip. Sending good thoughts your way!

1998 offsite, Jan 2010 CB, Nov 2010 POR, Mar 2011 Swan, Jan 2012 AKL Kidani Village/Disney Dream/CB, Jan 2013 Poly/Disney Fantasy, Jan 2014 Poly
Pirate Mickey mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:30 AM   #356
sandym718
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well it looks as if we'll be back at the Poly in late April/early May under the Disney Visa discount that came out today (general public discount is supposed to cone out on Monday).

We were originally booked at the Poly then switched to CR due to construction concerns. But the discount was not available for any non-CL rooms at CR over our dates. So I decided that, even with potential construction issues, I'd rather stay at Poly with a 30 percent discount than CR with no discount.

Now we just have to hope that the construction won't be too disruptive. While it looks like there will be some construction going on at the GCH and the east side of the resort, my main concerns are the Volcano Pool being operational and Kona and 'Ohana being open (have ADRs at both).
Those are our concerns too - except 'Ohana and Captain Cooks. We were booked at BLT for March but switched back to the Poly. Really hoping that the pool doesn't close. We like the quiet pool too, but it wouldn't be very quiet if everyone is in it!

Old 01-02-2014, 10:34 AM   #357
DisneyMom2Boyz
Mouseketeer

Quote:

How did you find out about the Disney Visa discount? I have the Disney visa. Would love to know!
Old 01-02-2014, 11:16 AM   #358
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Mousesavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom2Boyz View Post
How did you find out about the Disney Visa discount? I have the Disney visa. Would love to know!
Mousesavers announced it on Facebook this a.m. We called Disney reservations and they have the promo in the system. It is called the Disney Visa Cardholders Spring offer. The offer will be a general public offer on Monday.

Last edited by Tess; 01-02-2014 at 11:43 AM.
Tess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:12 PM   #359
DisneyMom2Boyz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post
Mousesavers announced it on Facebook this a.m. We called Disney reservations and they have the promo in the system. It is called the Disney Visa Cardholders Spring offer. The offer will be a general public offer on Monday.
Thankyou very much. I called and got it for end of April/May at the Poly! Hope construction (pool) will be ok! I was told it would be ok.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:22 PM   #360
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom2Boyz View Post
Thankyou very much. I called and got it for end of April/May at the Poly! Hope construction (pool) will be ok! I was told it would be ok.
Great! Glad it helped you.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: