Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-2014, 06:39 PM   #1
finest14
Cruisenado!

Christmas 2013 on the Wonder

Hi all, and welcome to our trip report. This was our very first Disney cruise but we’ve cruised on other lines before. It was myself, DW and DS (11). Here we go...

We flew into Houston on Friday, Dec. 20 - the day before embarkation. I had booked round trip transfers through Extreme Elegance limos out of Houston. It was $120 each way, including tip for a town car. Our driver called us just as we stepped off the plane, we found our bags (which took forever in Houston) and met her right at the curb. It was about an hour 20 minute drive down to Galveston. Let me just say that we had an awesome experience with Extreme Elegance both ways and I would definitely use them again - great communication, fair prices and excellent service. It got the trip off to a great start.

We arrived at the Tremont House in rainy Galveston for our pre-cruise night and checked in. We liked this historic hotel. The room (2 queen beds) was large and comfortable for the three of us. We live in a town with 17 craft breweries so we thought we’d check out Brews Brothers brew pub because it was just around the corner from the hotel. We had some good beers and burgers. The chef/manager even came out to make sure that our orders were correct. We appreciated the good service. After that, it was off to Jerry’s Liquors for a couple of bottles of Deep Eddy Vodka to carry on the ship.

Tomorrow...we board!

finest14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: