|01-01-2014, 10:49 AM||#1|
Join Date: Jul 2011
Just thinking out loud about future contracts...
DH and I were talking the other day about our DVC contract and what we'd like to do in the future. I'm just kind of thinking out loud here, but you guys are so smart with the monetary piece and systems behind DVC, I'd be interested to get your input.
Here's our situation:
- 150 pt holders for Aulani, purchase almost a year ago. We had no clue about the resale market, and if we had we'd have gone that way, but we were "uninitiated" in the details of DVC at that point.
- We bought during a promotion where they matched the points you bought, so we have a surplus of 100 we're banking, and using the rest for our trip in two weeks.
- We wished we'd have purchased for on-site property and via resale now. (Hindsight and all that.)
- We will have the contract paid off by around August of this year.
- We go back at least once a year for our anniversary (married at Disney in '12) but would like to do twice a year.
Here's what we're trying to figure out:
- Pay off the contract, just hang onto it and later add on resale contracts or
- Sell our Aulani contract once we pay it off, take the proceeds and buy on-property (probably BLT, BCV, or BWV.)
What would you do?
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|